Free Week 3 Prediction: Lions vs. Eagles NFL Odds
Looking for Detroit Lions vs. Philadelphia Eagles free NFL Week 3 picks & NFL odds? NFL betting sees the Lions taking on the Eagles on Sunday September 22 at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NFL season long including all NFL Week 3 games so stay tuned for more FREE NFL predictions like this Detroit Philadelphia matchup.
NFL Handicapping: Week 3
(1-0-1) Detroit Lions vs. Philadelphia Eagles (1-1)
Date: Sunday, September 22
Time: 1:00 PM
Venue: Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA.
NFL Week 3 ATS Betting Lines: Eagles -7.5
NFL Week 3 Moneyline Odds: +290/-340
NFL Week 3 NFL Betting Total: 49.5
Live NFL Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
The Lions won at home in Week 2 and the Eagles lost on the road. Philadelphia enters Week 3 as more than a touchdown favorite.
Kenny Golladay caught eight balls on Sunday, including the go-ahead touchdown in the fourth quarters of a 13–10 win over the Chargers.
The Lions opened the scoring in the first quarter when Matt Stafford hooked up with Kerryon Johnson from 30-something yards out. Stafford completed 22-of-30 for 245 and Johnson finished with 47 yards receiving and 41 rushing.
Golladay finished with 117 and has people in Detroit and fantasy spheres talking about what he could be capable of this season.
Golladay’s physical measurements in a Detroit uniform can have anyone reminiscing about Calvin Johnson. He’s big (6’4″) and fast and has quickly become Matt Stafford’s undisputed favorite target. He’s caught a touchdown in each of his first two games, in this his third professional season.
Golladay’s playmaking picked up Matt Prater, who missed his only field-goal attempt and an extra-point. Prater was good in Week 1 so we’ll give the usually reliable veteran a pass. And he doesn’t have to feel like the one who lost the game for his team all week.
This is the start of a brutal four-game stretch for the Lions, who host the Chiefs in Week 4 and then go to Green Bay and host Minnesota after their early Week 5 bye.
For the second consecutive week, Carson Wentz and the Eagles started slowly; they pulled it off in the second half against Washington in Week 1 but couldn’t do the same against Atlanta on Sunday night.
They actually did come back but they couldn’t hold that lead. Wentz snuck in from the goal-line to give his team a three-point lead with just over 3:00 remaining.
Then Matt Ryan connected with Julio Jones on fourth down for a 54-yard touchdown strike. Jones finished with 106 yards and two of Matt Ryan’s three touchdown passes. Calvin Ridley had 105 yards and the other.
Wentz’s first half was disastrous: 6-of-16 with two interceptions. He gave way to Josh McCown, who went 3-of-5, while being evaluated for a potential concussion right at the end of that fist half.
Wentz returned in the second and went 19-of-27 for a touchdown, in addition to his TD plunge.
NFL Betting Trends:
- Under is 8-1 in DET last 9 games overall.
- DET are 6-2-1 ATS in their last 9 games on grass.
- DET are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 vs. NFC.
- Under is 7-2 in PHI last 9 games in Week 3.
- PHI are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 home games.
- PHI are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games in Week 3.
4* Free NFL Betting Prediction: Under 49.5
Detroit played a high-scoring game with Arizona in Week 1 and then a low-scoring one in Week 2. I tend to think the Lions are going to play good teams slowly and try and run clock until it’s too late.
The Eagles qualify. Detroit will not only play slowly but it will struggle offensively. I lean Philadelphia giving the 7.5 but prefer the under.
NFL Free Week 3 Score Prediction: Detroit 19 – Philadelphia 28
If you’re looking for more NFL picks like this Detroit Lions vs. Philadelphia Eagles matchup we’ll be providing 4* free NFL predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NFL Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has NFL odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find 2019 NFL lines up for weekly games as well.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Minnesota Vikings vs. Detroit Lions – 10/20/2019 Free Pick & NFL Betting Prediction
- Philadelphia Eagles vs. Dallas Cowboys – 10/20/2019 Free Pick & NFL Betting Prediction
- Baltimore Ravens vs. Seattle Seahawks – 10/20/2019 Free Pick & NFL Betting Prediction
- Houston Texans vs. Indianapolis Colts – 10/20/2019 Free Pick & NFL Betting Prediction
- Miami Dolphins vs. Buffalo Bills – 10/20/2019 Free Pick & NFL Betting Prediction
- Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Cincinnati Bengals – 10/20/2019 Free Pick & NFL Betting Prediction
- New Orleans Saints vs. Chicago Bears – 10/20/2019 Free Pick & NFL Betting Prediction
- Los Angeles Chargers vs. Tennessee Titans – 10/20/2019 Free Pick & NFL Betting Prediction