Week 9 NFL Power Rankings
Looking for 2018 Week 9 NFL Power Rankings? The NFL Week 9 schedule kicks off this week, and we here at Cappers Picks can’t wait! With so much on the line where does your favorite team stand heading into Week 9? How does your team stack up? Hit us back below we’d love to hear from you.
NFL Football Handicapping
Let’s take a look in Ray Monohan’s Week 9 NFL Power Rankings.
1. Los Angeles Rams (8-0)
– Last Week: 1
What would have happened if Ty Montgomery didn’t fumble the football and it got into Aaron Rodgers’s hands once more? I guess we’ll never know. But what we do know is the Rams remain the only undefeated team in the league.
2. Kansas City Chiefs (7-1)
– Last Week: 2
Even when it looks like the Chiefs are being slowed down somewhat by an opponent, they’re able to find a way to turn the dial back up to max and seemingly score at will.
Everything is going right for the Kansas City offense, and every piece on that offense is contributing. There has to be a regression coming in their future, but boy is this fun to watch right now.
3. New England Patriots (6-2)
– Last Week: 3
The Patriots had gone 40 games without a defensive touchdown before Devin McCourty returned an interception to the house on Monday night to end the longest drought in the league. This team is firing on all cylinders, which is a scary thought as they always get better after the bye.
4. New Orleans Saints (6-1)
– Last Week: 4
A Sunday night showdown with the Vikings worked out awfully well for the Saints, who needed only 120 passing yards from Drew Brees to beat the Vikings. Those teams may line up against one another again in the postseason, so it’s good for the Saints that they didn’t have to dive too deep into their playbook.
5. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-2-1)
– Last Week: 7
Things were looking grim for the Steelers for a good little while, but winning smooths a lot of things over.
The Le’Veon Bell situation is a cloud they need to clear away soon as that has been a major distraction all year long, and there’s no telling how his teammates will receive him upon his return.
6. Carolina Panthers (5-2)
– Last Week: 9
Keeping ahead of schedule is vital for this team, because when things are going right for Cam Newton, he just looks unstoppable. And right now, everything’s going right in Carolina.
7. Los Angeles Chargers (5-2)
– Last Week: 6
The Chargers return from their bye to four very winnable games, though they’ll play on the road for the first two of them, starting with a test against an inferior but motivated Seahawks team.
8. Minnesota Vikings (4-3-1)
– Last Week: 5
The Vikings could’ve performed better on Sunday night, but this is still a team with all the tools to compete at the highest level. Has to be concerning that they’ve fallen to both the Saints and Rams in prime time matchups though.
9. Houston Texans (5-3)
– Last Week: 10
The Texans are taking advantage of a soft part in their schedule to move into control of the AFC South. This is a team that entered the year with lofty expectation, and is finally starting to deliver on them.
10. Green Bay Packers (3-3-1)
– Last Week: 8
Man, would it have been fun to see Aaron Rodgers get the ball back down two with two minutes remaining against the Rams on Sunday. That’s his bread and butter. But alas, it wasn’t meant to be. Surely, we’ll be seeing less of Ty Montgomery in a Packers uniform moving forward.
The Rest Of Our Week 9 NFL Power Rankings
11. Philadelphia Eagles (4-4) – Last Week: 12
12. Washington Redskins (5-2) – Last Week: 14
13. Baltimore Ravens (4-3) – Last Week: 11
14. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-5) – Last Week: 13
15. Dallas Cowboys (3-4) – Last Week: 15
16. Chicago Bears (4-3) – Last Week: 17
17. Seattle Seahawks (4-3) – Last Week: 19
18. Cincinnati Bengals (5-3) – Last Week: 21
19. Detroit Lions (3-4) – Last Week: 16
20. Denver Broncos (3-5) – Last Week: 18
21. Atlanta Falcons (3-4) – Last Week: 20
22. Indianapolis Colts (3-5) – Last Week: 24
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-4) – Last Week: 23
24. Cleveland Browns (2-5-1) – Last Week: 22
25. New York Jets (3-5) – Last Week: 25
26. Tennessee Titans (3-4) – Last Week: 26
27. Miami Dolphins (4-4) – Last Week: 27
28. Buffalo Bills (2-6) – Last Week: 28
29. New York Giants (1-7) – Last Week: 29
30. Arizona Cardinals (2-6) – Last Week: 32
31. San Francisco 49ers (1-7) – Last Week: 30
32. Oakland Raiders (1-6) – Last Week: 31
If you’re looking for more handicapping posts like this edition of our 2018 NFL Power Rankings we’ll be providing 4* free NFL predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NFL Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has NFL odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find 2018 NFL lines up for early games as well.