Week 8 NFL Power Rankings
Looking for 2018 Week 8 NFL Power Rankings? The NFL Week 8 schedule kicks off this week, and we here at Cappers Picks can’t wait! With so much on the line where does your favorite team stand heading into Week 8? How does your team stack up? Hit us back below we’d love to hear from you.
NFL Football Handicapping
Let’s take a look in Ray Monohan’s Week 8 NFL Power Rankings.
1. Los Angeles Rams (7-0)
– Last Week: 1
The Rams remain No. 1, and haven’t had anyone come particularly close to unseating them for the top spot. The team has been so dominant in all facets of the game, and they put that on display in a throttling of the 49ers on Sunday. They’re the team to beat not only in the NFC, but in all of football.
2. Kansas City Chiefs (6-1)
– Last Week: 2
It’s felt like a few weeks since we’ve seen Patrick Mahomes really light it up in a win, but he did just that on Sunday night, picking apart the Bengal secondary in a convincing prime time victory.
The defense remains a problem for the Chiefs as they deal with injury and ineffectiveness, but they can match points with any team in the league.
3. New England Patriots (5-2)
– Last Week: 3
The Patriots were on the mat through three weeks of the season, but in typical Patriots fashion, they’ve put those results deep in the rear view mirror with four consecutive victories. Josh Gordon has really emerged as a game-changer in the passing game, and could be the kind of electric player to add some years to Tom Brady’s career.
4. New Orleans Saints (5-1)
– Last Week: 4
There were a lot of factors playing against the Saints on Sunday, but they were able to make an unlikely comeback to beat the Ravens in Baltimore. The team’s opening week loss is a distant memory as the team rolls along with five straight wins.
5. Minnesota Vikings (4-2-1)
– Last Week: 5
The Vikings have made great use of their elite 1-2 wide receiver combo of Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen. Thus far, the greatest benefactor has been Kirk Cousins, who’s taken his game to the next level playing with the best group of pass-catchers he’s been with in the pros.
The team didn’t do itself any favors with that stumble in the middle part of September, but they remain the team to beat in the NFC North.
6. Los Angeles Chargers (5-2)
– Last Week: 7
The Chargers went to London and won a nail-biter against the Titans. Taking advantage of the easy part of their schedule
7. Pittsburgh Steelers (3-2-1)
– Last Week: 6
Despite being off, the Steelers took a big hit during their bye week with Le’Veon Bell failing to report to the team. His status for Week 8 remains very much in question, as he’ll be behind the eight ball when he does report. It’s not a good situation, and it’s only getting worse.
8. Green Bay Packers (3-2-1)
– Last Week: 9
The Packers move up a spot despite being on a bye, but there’s reason for pessimism about this ascent, as the team returns to be possibly the largest underdogs they’ve been in Aaron Rodgers’ tenure in Green Bay.
9. Carolina Panthers (4-2)
– Last Week: 13
While the national narrative since the game has been all about the Eagles, the big storyline from Sundays showdown was the performance of Cam Newton, who put the team on his back in the fourth quarter to complete a terrific comeback win.
10. Houston Texans (4-3)
– Last Week: 14
The Texans were written off by just about everyone when they started the season 0-3, but the team’s won four in a row, and now sits atop the AFC South. With the Jaguars falling fast, things are looking up for the Texans, who desperately need to keep Deshaun Watson healthy to stay on this roll.
The Rest Of Our Week 8 NFL Power Rankings
11. Baltimore Ravens (4-2) – Last Week:
12. Philadelphia Eagles (3-4) – Last Week: 8
13. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-4) – Last Week: 10
14. Washington Redskins (4-2) – Last Week: 15
15. Dallas Cowboys (3-4) – Last Week: 12
16. Detroit Lions (3-3) – Last Week: 18
17. Chicago Bears (3-3) – Last Week: 17
18. Denver Broncos (3-4) – Last Week: 21
19. Seattle Seahawks (3-3) – Last Week: 19
20. Atlanta Falcons (3-4) – Last Week: 22
21. Cincinnati Bengals (4-3) – Last Week: 16
22. Cleveland Browns (2-4-1) – Last Week: 20
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-3) – Last Week: 27
24. Indianapolis Colts (2-5) – Last Week: 28
25. New York Jets (3-4) – Last Week: 24
26. Tennessee Titans (3-4) – Last Week: 26
27. Miami Dolphins (4-3) – Last Week:
28. Buffalo Bills (2-5) – Last Week: 25
29. New York Giants (1-6) – Last Week: 30
30. San Francisco 49ers (1-6) – Last Week: 31
31. Oakland Raiders (1-5) – Last Week: 29
32. Arizona Cardinals (1-6) – Last Week:
If you’re looking for more handicapping posts like this edition of our 2018 NFL Power Rankings we’ll be providing 4* free NFL predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NFL Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has NFL odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find 2018 NFL lines up for early games as well.