Free MLB Pick: Nationals vs Braves Odds
Looking for Washington Nationals vs. Atlanta Braves free mlb predictions? MLB betting sees the Nationals taking on the Braves on Thursday September 5, 2019 at SunTrust Park in Atlanta, Georgia. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all MLB baseball matchups all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily MLB predictions like this Nationals Braves free pick.
2019 MLB Season
Date: Thursday September 5, 2019
Time: 7:20 PM ET
Venue: SunTrust Park Atlanta, Georgia
Projected Pitchers: Strasburg (WAS) vs. Fried (ATL)
MLB Moneyline Odds: Nationals -114 | Braves +109
MLB RunLine Betting Odds:
MLB Baseball Gambling Total: 9
Live MLB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
The Nats went into the eighth inning on Tuesday night trailing, 4–2 in a game that featured Max Scherzer against Jacob deGrom. Then things got totally bonkers.
The Mets added a run in the top of the inning on a Jeff McNeil solo shot. Mets 5 Nationals 2. Washington responded in the bottom of the frame with their vaunted 3-4 combo.
Anthony Rendon singled to leadoff and Juan Soto blasted his 32nd of the season to end deGrom’s night there and pull his team to within a run.
Pete Alonso then capped a five-run eighth inning with a homer against Daniel Hudson, who is suddenly struggling. But a 10–4 lead in the ninth wasn’t enough for the Mets.
Robles singled, Turner doubled, Cabrera singled, Rendon singled, Soto singled, and Ryan Zimmermann greeted Edwin Diaz with a pinch-hit double.
That brought up Kurt Suzuki with two men on in a two-run game. He hit his 16th homer of the year to walk it off for the Nats. Of all the wins this season, seven in the ninth to win by a run might be the best.
They’ll carry that momentum into Wednesday’s rubber match before heading down to Atlanta on another tough travel schedule.
The Nationals are smoking hot in the NL, as are the Cardinals. People are easy to overlook the Braves, though.
Atlanta has won 20 of its last 26 coming into this series after the day off on Wednesday. The Braves haven’t just held off the Nats; they’ve put even more distance between themselves and the competition and they are on their way to a second consecutive NL East title.
It’s because of the star power, in addition to a deep roster.
Ronald Acuna Jr. and Freddie Freeman are very different players who are both equally dynamic in their own way. While Freeman’s pure offensive numbers are better, Acuna is just tremendous in big spots.
He can make plays that few others can in the game. It’s a beautiful combination of unique star power.
Max Fried is a perfect example of some of that depth. He’s on the cusp of becoming a star, in fact. He’s won six and lost none over his last eight starts and is 15–4 on the year.
He struck out 11 White Sox and walked just one over six innings in his last game.
MLB Baseball Betting Trends:
- Over is 7-3 in WAS last 10 Thu. games.
- WAS are 46-21 in their last 67 overall.
- WAS are 46-21 in their last 67 games on grass.
- Under is 11-3 in ATL last 14 on grass.
- Under is 12-4 in ATL last 16 overall.
- Over is 6-2 in ATL last 8 Thu. games.
Free Washington Nationals vs. Atlanta Braves MLB Prediction: Atlanta.
I don’t think Washington is set on catching Atlanta and I don’t think it’s particularly worried about missing the playoffs, either. The travel schedule is tough ahead of this one and I think it’s one that just gets away from the Nats.
4* Free MLB Betting Pick: Braves +109
MLB Free Score Prediction: Washington 2 – Atlanta 4
If you’re looking for more MLB picks like this Washington Nationals vs. Atlanta Braves matchup we’ll be providing 4* free MLB plays on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free MLB Baseball picks!
Check out our Updated MLB Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Atlanta Braves – 9/19/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Atlanta Braves – 9/18/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Atlanta Braves – 9/17/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Washington Nationals vs. St. Louis Cardinals – 9/18/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Washington Nationals vs. St. Louis Cardinals – 9/17/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Seattle Mariners vs. Pittsburgh Pirates – 9/19/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros – 9/18/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction
- Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs – 9/18/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction