Free MLB Pick: Blue Jays vs Rays Odds
Looking for Toronto Blue Jays vs. Tampa Bay Rays free mlb predictions? MLB betting sees the Blue Jays taking on the Rays on Sunday September 8, 2019 at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all MLB baseball matchups all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily MLB predictions like this Blue Jays Rays free pick.
2019 MLB Season
(55-85) Toronto Blue Jays vs. Tampa Bay Rays (82-59)
Date: Sunday September 8, 2019
Time: 1:10 PM ET
Venue: Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, FL.
Projected Starters: Jacob Waguespack (TOR) vs. Tyler Glasnow (TB)
MLB Moneyline Odds: Rays -230 | Jays +212
MLB RunLine Betting Odds: Off
MLB Baseball Gambling Total: 8
Live MLB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
Toronto Blue Jays
The Blue Jays stand at 55-85 and will miss the postseason. The team has been underwhelming due to a shaky offense. It also doesn’t help that they’re in arguably the strongest division in all of baseball. Toronto ranks third last in the American League in scoring (621). The pitching hasn’t been much better for Toronto as they have allowed 708 runs.
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. lead the Blue Jays offense as he is hitting .279 with 15 homers. Lourdes Gurriel Jr. appeared to be going for a big season before getting injured. Gurriel was hitting .279 with 19 homers in 79 games.
The Blue Jays will have Jacob Waguespack on the mound for Sunday’s game. Waguespack is 4-3 with a 3.97 ERA on the season. Against the Rays he has allowed five runs in 15 innings this season.
Tampa Bay Rays
This is a huge game for Tampa Bay as they are in the first AL Wild Card holding off the Cleveland Indians and Oakland A’s who are 1.5 games behind. Tampa Bay has relied on some strong pitching this season. The Rays are third in the AL in runs allowed (572). Guys like Tyler Glasnow (1.86 ERA), Charlie Morton (3.06 ERA), Ryan Yarbrough (3.49 ERA), and Yonny Chirinos (3.62 ERA) have been strong.
Leading the offense for the Rays is Austin Meadows who is hitting .284 with 27 homers and 75 RBIs. Tommy Pham has played well hitting .280 with 20 blasts.
On the mound for the Rays is Tyler Glasnow. Glasnow has been incredible this season with a 6-1 record and a 1.86 ERA. He is allowing the opposition to only hit .202.
MLB Baseball Betting Trends:
- Blue Jays are 14-40 in their last 54 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Blue Jays are 3-14 in their last 17 overall.
- Blue Jays are 1-5 in their last 6 games on astroturf.
- Rays are 8-1 in their last 9 home games.
- Rays are 6-1 in their last 7 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of less than .400.
- Rays are 5-1 in Glasnows last 6 starts vs. a team with a losing record.
Free Toronto Blue Jays vs. Tampa Bay Rays MLB Prediction: Tampa Bay RL
The Jays will have a tough time generating offense in this game as Glasnow takes the mound for Tampa Bay.
4* Free MLB Betting Pick: Tampa Bay RL
Look for the Rays to get a few runs off of Waguespack early on. Take Tampa Bay in an easy win.
MLB Free Score Prediction: Toronto 3 – Tampa Bay 7
If you’re looking for more MLB picks like this Toronto Blue Jays vs. Tampa Bay Rays matchup we’ll be providing 4* free MLB plays on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free MLB Baseball picks!
Check out our Updated MLB Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Boston Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Boston Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays – 9/20/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Toronto Blue Jays vs. New York Yankees – 9/20/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction
- Colorado Rockies vs. Los Angeles Dodgers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting
- Arizona Diamondbacks vs. San Diego Padres – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting
- Washington Nationals vs. Miami Marlins – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Seattle Mariners vs. Baltimore Orioles – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction