Free MLB Pick: Cardinals vs. Pirates Odds
Looking for St. Louis Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Pirates free mlb predictions? MLB betting sees the Cardinals taking on the Pirates on Saturday September 7, 2019 at PNC Park in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all MLB baseball matchups all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily MLB predictions like this Cardinals Pirates free pick.
2019 MLB Season
(79-61) St. Louis Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (61-79)
Date: Saturday September 7, 2019
Time: 7:05 PM ET
Venue: PNC Park, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Projected Pitchers: Wainwright (STL), Brault (PIT)
MLB Moneyline Odds: Cardinals -131 | Pirates +122
MLB RunLine Betting Odds:
MLB Baseball Gambling Total: 9
Live MLB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
St. Louis Cardinals
The Cardinals bounced back from their 1–0 defeat vs. San Francisco to take the fourth and final game of the series, 10–0, and leave home 3–1 series winners.
Dakota Hudson gave up one hit in six innings to win for the 15th time this season. He both walked and struck out two batters. Genesis Cabrera went the final three innings for his first career save.
Paul DeJong hit his 26th home run of the season in the victory and Rangel Ravelo hit the first of his career, pinch-hitting for DeJong. Congratulations to the 27-year-old from Havana, Cuba.
Gone are the days of Adam Wainwright posting WHIP numbers around 1.00. He hasn’t been any better than 1.40 since his Tommy John but he’s going to make his 27th start and soon reach 150 innings.
Better yet, he’s got an ERA+ of exactly 100. The Cardinals couldn’t have hoped for anything more.
Steven Brault gave up six runs and failed to get out of the fourth inning way back in early May at Busch Stadium. His ERA ran up to 8.82 after that game.
It’s pretty much gone down in every start since.
He’s given up more than three runs once in 15 games since then, most of them starts and the others long bullpen appearances. After giving up one run in 6.1 innings against the Rockies in his last start, his ERA is 3.88.
The Pirates had lost six of his starts in a row before winning the last two.
Pittsburgh is 9–4 in its last 13 but just lost two out of three to the Marlins.
MLB Baseball Betting Trends:
- Under is 10-2-1 in STL last 13 road games.
- STL are 35-16 in their last 51 overall.
- STL are 35-16 in their last 51 games on grass.
- PIT are 7-17 in their last 24 home games.
- Under is 42-18-3 in PIT last 63 Sat. games.
- Over is 36-16-4 in PIT last 56 home games.
- Head to Head: STL are 23-8 in the last 31 meetings.
Free St. Louis Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Pirates MLB Prediction: St. Louis late.
I doubt Wainwright will out-pitch Brault but he’ll keep it close and the Birds will win it late. I’m not laying any major chalk on the road favorites though.
4* Free MLB Betting Pick: Cardinals ML
MLB Free Score Prediction: St. Louis 5 – Pittsburgh 3
If you’re looking for more MLB picks like this St. Louis Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Pirates matchup we’ll be providing 4* free MLB plays on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free MLB Baseball picks!
Check out our Updated MLB Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs – 9/19/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Washington Nationals vs. St. Louis Cardinals – 9/18/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Washington Nationals vs. St. Louis Cardinals – 9/17/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Seattle Mariners vs. Pittsburgh Pirates – 9/19/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Seattle Mariners vs. Pittsburgh Pirates – 9/17/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Atlanta Braves – 9/19/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros – 9/18/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction
- Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs – 9/18/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction