Free MLB Pick: Mariners vs Cubs Odds
Looking for Seattle Mariners vs. Chicago Cubs free plays? MLB betting sees the Mariners taking on the Cubs on Monday, September 2nd at Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all MLB baseball matchups all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily MLB predictions.
(57-80) Seattle Mariners vs. Chicago Cubs (73-63)
Date: Monday, September 2, 2019
Time: 2:20 PM ET
Venue: Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois
Projected Pitchers: Justus Sheffield (L) vs. Kyle Hendricks (R)
MLB Moneyline Odds: Mariners +260 | Cubs -290
MLB RunLine Betting Odds: Off
MLB Betting Total: OFF
Live MLB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
The Mariners will miss the postseason this season as many expected. Since beginning the season 13-3 they have been abysmal. It starts with the pitching that has struggled all year. The team ranks second to last in runs allowed in the AL (768). Felix Hernandez, Yusei Kikuchi, and Wade LeBlanc have struggled in the rotation.
Seattle’s offense is led by Domingo Santana and Daniel Vogelbach. Santana has 21 homers and 69 RBIs, and Vogelbach leads Seattle with 28 homers and 70 RBIs.
On the mound for the Mariners is lefty Justus Sheffield. Sheffield is 0-1 with a 7.94 ERA in 11.1 innings this season.
The Cubs are coming off a tough 4-0 loss against the Brewers on Sunday afternoon.
The loss puts them at three games in front of Milwaukee for the second NL Wild Card spot. Chicago has the sixth best offense in the NL (664) and the third best pitching staff in the NL (594). The Cubs can surely be a threat in October due to their balance.
Javier Baez leads the Cubs offense with a .281 average, 29 homers, and 85 RBIs. Kris Bryant (26 homers), Anthony Rizzo (25 homers), and Kyle Schwarber (32 homers) have contributed in the power department for Chicago.
Chicago sends out Kyle Hendricks, who is 9-9 with a 3.47 ERA this season. In his last outing he was roughed up for six runs in 4.2 innings against the Mets.
Hendricks has terrific command as he’s only walked 29 guys in 148 innings.
MLB Baseball Betting Trends:
- Mariners are 15-36 in their last 51 games vs. a starter with a WHIP less than 1.15.
- Mariners are 9-24 in their last 33 road games vs. a team with a winning record.
- Mariners are 2-6 in their last 8 interleague road games.
- Cubs are 12-5 in Hendricks’ last 17 home starts.
- Cubs are 17-4 in their last 21 interleague home games vs. a team with a losing record.
- Cubs are 4-1 in their last 5 vs. American League West
Free Seattle Mariners vs. Chicago Cubs MLB Prediction: Cubs RL
The Chicago Cubs are heavy favorites with reason. They have a big edge with their bats and with Hendricks on the mound as well.
4* Free MLB Betting Pick: Cubs RL
Take the Cubs in a game they should have no issue winning by more than two runs.
MLB Free Score Prediction: Chicago 7 – Seattle 3
If you’re looking for more picks like this Seattle Mariners vs. Chicago Cubs we’ll be providing 4* free MLB plays on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free MLB Baseball picks!
Check out our Updated MLB Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Seattle Mariners vs. Baltimore Orioles – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Seattle Mariners vs. Baltimore Orioles – 9/20/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Seattle Mariners vs. Pittsburgh Pirates – 9/19/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs – 9/20/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs – 9/19/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Chicago White Sox vs. Detroit Tigers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Chicago White Sox vs. Detroit Tigers – 9/20/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction