Free MLB Pick: Giants vs. Cubs Odds
Looking for San Francisco Giants vs. Chicago Cubs free mlb predictions? MLB betting sees the Giants taking on the Cubs on Wednesday August 21st, 2019 at Wrigley Field in Chicago, Illinois. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all MLB baseball matchups all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily MLB predictions like this Giants Cubs free pick.
2019 MLB Season
Date: Wednesday August 21st, 2019
Time: 10:07 PM ET
Venue: Cubs Stadium in Anaheim, CA
Projected Pitchers: Dereck Rodriguez vs. Yu Darvish
MLB Moneyline Odds: Giants +168 | Cubs -202
MLB RunLine Betting Odds: Off
MLB Baseball Gambling Total: Off
Live MLB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
San Francisco Giants
San Francisco is in kind of a tough spot on Tuesday, on the road at Chicago. The Cubs are simply a different team from the Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field as evidenced by their amazing 41-19 home record on the season.
The Giants dropped the series opener on Tuesday, falling 3-5 behind just 6 hits from the SF offense. San Fran had won 6 of their previous 8 however to climb within 4.5 games of the 2nd wild card spot. Giants bats had put up 7+ runs in 3 of their last 4 road games before the loss in Chicago.
One of the reasons the Giants are huge +165 underdogs in game two of this series is because Dereck Rodriguez is up in the rotation. The right-hander will be making his fourth straight start since coming out of the bullpen – all on the road. He has allowed just 5 ER the last 3 starts but the Giants have won just 5 of the last 18 times Rodriguez gets the nod.
Chicago definitely has an edge on Wednesday night a) because they are at home and b) because Anthony Rizzo is on fire. The big first baseman went yard twice in the series opener. He also homered Sunday vs. Pittsburgh while also drawing 3 BBs.
The Cubs are 8-3 in their last 11 home games vs. teams with a winning road record meaning they aren’t just padding their stats against lemon teams at Wrigley. Chicago has won 6 of their last 7 at home.
Yu Darvish will go on Wednesday looking to continue his resurgent season. Make no mistake, Darvish has had some tough outings over the last 7 starts which includes two appearances with 4ER allowed. When he’s good, he’s really good though with just 3 total ER allowed in the other 5 starts.
MLB Baseball Betting Trends:
- Giants are 6-3 last 9 overall
- Giants are 16-8 last 24 road games
- Giants are 5-13 in Rodriguez’s last 18 starts
- Cubs are 38-16 last 54 home games
- Cubs are 5-2 in Darvish’s last 7 home starts
Free San Francisco Giants vs. Chicago Cubs MLB Prediction:
Hard to not like the Cubs in this one especially with some iffy pitching coming out of Dereck Rodriguez combined with Yu Darvish going at home.
4* Free MLB Betting Pick: Cubs RL -1.5
Chicago’s bullpen is getting healthy which is another reason to like the Cubbies in this one.
MLB Free Score Prediction: Cubs 6 – Giants 3
If you’re looking for more MLB picks like this San Francisco Giants vs. Chicago Cubs matchup we’ll be providing 4* free MLB plays on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free MLB Baseball picks!
Check out our Updated MLB Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Miami Marlins vs. San Francisco Giants – 9/14/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction
- Miami Marlins vs. San Francisco Giants – 9/13/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction
- Chicago Cubs vs. San Diego Padres – 9/12/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction
- Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Chicago Cubs – 9/14/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Chicago Cubs – 9/13/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Chicago White Sox vs. Seattle Mariners – 9/14/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Chicago White Sox vs. Seattle Mariners – 9/13/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Kansas City Royals vs. Chicago White Sox – 9/12/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction