Free MLB Pick: Phillies vs Reds Odds
Looking for Philadelphia Phillies vs. Cincinnati Reds free mlb predictions? MLB betting sees the Phillies taking on the Reds on Monday September 2, 2019 at Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati, Ohio. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all MLB baseball matchups all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily MLB predictions like this Phillies Reds free pick.
2019 MLB Season
(69-65) Philadelphia Phillies vs. Cincinnati Reds (63-72)
Date: Monday September 2, 2019
Time: 2:10 PM ET
Venue: Great American Ballpark, Cincinnati, OH.
Projected Starters: Smyly (PHI), DeSclafani (CIN)
MLB Moneyline Odds: Phillies +126 | Reds -135
MLB RunLine Betting Odds:
MLB Baseball Gambling Total: 10
Live MLB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
The Phillies had a chance to stick it to the Mets at home this weekend and put them in the rearview mirror in the Wild Card standings. Instead, the Mets have taken the first two games and the NL playoff picture is coming into focus earlier than some expected here in September.
Jason Vargas wriggled out of trouble for a few innings on Saturday but the Mets eventually got to him in the fifth. Bryce Harper hit a fairly meaningless solo home run, as many of his home runs are. The Phillies just don’t have the right mix of players on their roster.
Zach Eflin will try to be the stopper on Sunday and then Drew Smyly takes the ball in this one on Monday. This Philadelphia rotation is just a disaster and somehow I think it only gets worse between now and the end of the season.
The Phils are dead.
The Reds are playing a pair of doubleheader in St. Louis this weekend and the two on Saturday both went to the Birds.
Trevor Bauer could only get through four innings in the first game but Sonny Gray at least pitched into the seventh in the nightcap. Tyler Mahle and Luis Castillo will be in charge of helping Cincinnati bounce back on Sunday.
It’s also important they get through six innings to spare the bullpen with no days off between Sunday’s doubleheader finale and Monday’s opener.
Anthony DeSclafani is looking to finish with an ERA+ in triple-digits for the second time in his career (114 going into this start). He went a season-high seven innings in his last start, allowed two hits, no runs, and struck out eight. That came against the Marlins, though. Lots of guys have outings like that against the Fish.
MLB Baseball Betting Trends:
- Over is 8-0 in PHI last 8 Mon. games.
- PHI are 6-13 in their last 19 Mon. games.
- Under is 7-2-1 in DeSclafanis last 10 on grass.
- Under is 6-2-1 in DeSclafanis last 9 home starts.
- CIN are 6-2 in DeSclafanis last 8 Mon. starts.
Free Philadelphia Phillies vs. Cincinnati Reds MLB Prediction: Philadelphia.
Backing the Phillies feels almost impossible at this point but the Reds’ pitching is going to be in rough shape after the weekend.
4* Free MLB Betting Pick: Phillies ML
MLB Free Score Prediction: Philadelphia 7 – Cincinnati 5
If you’re looking for more MLB picks like this Philadelphia Phillies vs. Cincinnati Reds matchup we’ll be providing 4* free MLB plays on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free MLB Baseball picks!
Check out our Updated MLB Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- New York Mets vs. Cincinnati Reds – 9/20/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Cleveland Indians – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Cleveland Indians – 9/20/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Atlanta Braves – 9/19/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction
- Colorado Rockies vs. Los Angeles Dodgers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting
- Arizona Diamondbacks vs. San Diego Padres – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting
- Washington Nationals vs. Miami Marlins – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction