Free MLB Pick: Astros vs Athletics Odds
Looking for Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics free mlb predictions? MLB betting sees the Astros taking on the Athletics on Saturday, August 17th, 2019 at Oakland Coliseum in Oakland California. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all MLB baseball matchups all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily MLB predictions like this Astros Athletics free pick.
2019 MLB Season
(78-44) Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics (69-52)
Date: Saturday, August 17th, 2019
Time: 4:07 PM ET
Venue: Oakland Coliseum, Oakland California
Projected Pitchers: Bassitt (OAK)
MLB Moneyline Odds: OFF
MLB RunLine Betting Odds: OFF
MLB Baseball Gambling Total: OFF
Live MLB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
The A’s pushed across a run in the bottom of the eighth on Thursday to pick up a rare win against the Astros this season and get this weekend’s four-game set started right with a 7–6 W.
Well, Oakland didn’t exactly “push one across.” Matt Chapman simply greeted Chris Devenski rudely with a solo homer. Devenski came back and struck out the next three guys.
Get this: all 13 runs scored in the game came on home runs. Alex Bregman had one and both Carlos Correa and Michael Brantley had two for the ‘Stros. Chapman, Corban Joseph, and Matt Olson (two) went deep for the A’s.
Aaron Sanchez gave up six of the seven runs as the starting pitcher but he got through six. So did Mike Fiers. Blake Treinen blew the lead and got the win for Oakland. Liam Hendriks shut the door in the ninth.
That brings the A’s to within 1.5 of Tampa Bay, which was idle on Thursday night. Oakland is a game back in the loss column with two fewer wins.
Three out of Oakland’s last four losses (it has won eight in the span) have come by a single run and the bullpen has been the reason why. It’s a shame Blake Treinen hasn’t been even close to the same guy he was last year because he and Hendriks at the back end would have made a nice last six outs.
Chris Bassitt has given up two runs in his last 19 innings (three starts). He had the White Sox off-balance all night the last time he threw, striking out seven in seven.
MLB Baseball Betting Trends:
- HOU are 39-14 in their last 53 Sat. games.
- HOU are 19-7 in their last 26 overall.
- HOU are 19-7 in their last 26 games on grass.
- Under is 6-2 in OAK last 8 Sat. games.
- OAK are 11-5 in their last 16 overall.
- Head to Head: HOU are 21-8 in the last 29 meetings in Oakland.
- Head to Head: HOU are 40-17 in the last 57 meetings.
Free Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics MLB Prediction: Oakland stays tough.
Tough to know what to expect before we know who’s going to throw for Houston. Oakland is going to stay tough, though. Bassitt may not be up to the task of beating one of Houston’s aces.
4* Free MLB Betting Pick: Odds aren’t yet available.
MLB Free Score Prediction: Houston 4 – Oakland 3
If you’re looking for more MLB picks like this Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics matchup we’ll be providing 4* free MLB plays on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free MLB Baseball picks!
Check out our Updated MLB Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Oakland Athletics vs. Texas Rangers – 9/15/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Oakland Athletics vs. Texas Rangers – 9/14/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Oakland Athletics vs. Texas Rangers – 9/13/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Houston Astros vs. Kansas City Royals – 9/15/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Houston Astros vs. Kansas City Royals – 9/14/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Houston Astros vs. Kansas City Royals – 9/13/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction
- Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals – 9/15/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Cincinnati Reds vs. Arizona Diamondbacks – 9/15/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction