Free MLB Pick: Astros vs. Brewers Odds
Looking for Houston Astros vs. Milwaukee Brewers free mlb predictions? MLB betting sees the Astros taking on the Brewers on Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at Miller Park in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all MLB baseball matchups all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily MLB predictions like this Astros Brewers free pick.
2019 MLB Season
(89-49) Houston Astros vs. Milwaukee Brewers (70-66)
Date: Tuesday, September 3, 2019
Time: 7:40 PM ET
Venue: Miller Park in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Projected Pitchers: Greinke (HOU), Lyles (MIL)
MLB Moneyline Odds: Astros -146 | Brewers +138
MLB RunLine Betting Odds:
MLB Baseball Gambling Total: 8.5
Live MLB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
Justin Verlander threw his third career no-hitter on Sunday in Houston’s 2–0 win in Toronto and in doing so, made himself the clear favorite to win the American League Cy Young, which would be the second of his career.
Nolan Ryan threw seven; Sandy Koufax threw four; Bob Feller and Cy Young threw three, as did Bob Corcoran in the 1880s. Verlander’s third was his first with Houston and his second in Toronto. He’s the first pitcher to throw two at the same road ballpark.
He struck out 14 and didn’t allow a baserunner after walking Cavan Biggio in the first inning, Toronto’s second batter of the game.
He almost didn’t get a win out of the masterpiece. The game was scoreless until the ninth when Abraham Toro, a rookie born in Canada who had 25 at-bats this season coming into the game, hit a two-run, game-winning homer.
Toro was essentially filling in for Carlos Correa at third base with Alex Bregman shifting over to play short.
So an exciting Sunday afternoon for Houston fans was a good one for Milwaukee’s fans too. The Brewers completed their second consecutive shutout of the Cubs and won, 4–0.
Gio Gonzalez had a no-hitter of his own but he was never going to throw 120 pitches and finish the game like Verlander did. He came out after walking four in three no-hit innings.
Six relievers, including Drew Pomeranz, who struck out both the batters he faced in the eighth, did the job. Josh Hader was the last of the six and struck out two in a 1-2-3 ninth.
Neither the Phillies nor the Mets look like they want to make a move in the Wild Card, which leaves Milwaukee to challenge whatever team doesn’t win the Central.
Going into Monday, that would be the Cubs, who lead the Crew by just three games now.
MLB Baseball Betting Trends:
- Under is 5-2-1 in HOU last 8 Tue. games.
- HOU are 37-16 in their last 53 games on grass.
- HOU are 39-17 in their last 56 overall.
- MIL are 2-12 in their last 14 Tue. games.
- Under is 7-3 in MIL last 10 interleague games.
- Head to Head: Over is 11-2 in the last 13 meetings in Milwaukee.
- Head to Head: Over is 24-7-1 in the last 32 meetings.
Houston Astros vs. Milwaukee Brewers MLB Prediction: Greinke.
Zack Greinke is a lot better than Jordan Lyles and ought to be priced that way. I’d play Houston at -160. If the Astros are appropriate favorites, I’d look to the under and hope we get good Lyles, who comes out every now and again.
4* Free MLB Betting Pick: Astros ML (Up to -155)
MLB Free Score Prediction: Houston 4 – Milwaukee 2
If you’re looking for more MLB picks like this Houston Astros vs. Milwaukee Brewers matchup we’ll be providing 4* free MLB plays on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free MLB Baseball picks!
Check out our Updated MLB Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction
- Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers – 9/20/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- San Diego Padres vs. Milwaukee Brewers – 9/19/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Los Angeles Angels vs. Houston Astros – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Los Angeles Angels vs. Houston Astros – 9/20/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction
- Colorado Rockies vs. Los Angeles Dodgers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting
- Arizona Diamondbacks vs. San Diego Padres – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting
- Washington Nationals vs. Miami Marlins – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction