Free MLB Pick: Rockies vs. Padres Odds
Looking for Colorado Rockies vs. San Diego Padres free mlb predictions? MLB betting sees the Rockies taking on the Padres on Sunday September 8th, 2019 at Petco Park in San Diego, California. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all MLB baseball matchups all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily MLB predictions like this Rockies Padres free pick.
2019 MLB Season
(60-82) Colorado Rockies vs. San Diego Padres (64-76)
Date: Sunday September 8th, 2019
Time: 4:10 PM ET
Venue: Petco Park in San Diego CA
Projected Pitchers: Peter Lambert vs. Eric Lauer
MLB Moneyline Odds: Colorado +140/San Diego -160
MLB RunLine Betting Odds: Off
MLB Baseball Gambling Total: 9
Live MLB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
Colorado has had a disappointing season as they stand at 60-82. The Rockies are the worst team in the NL West despite having a quality lineup. The issue with Colorado is certainly poor pitching. The team has allowed the second most runs in the league (853).
The Rockies offense is led by the trio of Nolan Arenado, Charlie Blackmon, and Trevor Story.
Arenado is hitting .313 with 37 homers and 108 RBIs. Blackmon is hitting .319 with 27 homers, while Story has added 30 homers.
The Rockies will go with Peter Lambert for Sunday afternoon’s contest. Lambert has struggled like most Rockies pitchers as he is 2-6 with a 7.19 ERA. Lambert has allowed the opposition to hit .322.
San Diego Padres
The Padres have had success at times but for the most part have struggled in the NL West. The team has had issues scoring runs all year. San Diego has scored the second least amount of runs in the National League (610).
The offense is led by Manny Machado (28 homers) and Hunter Renfroe (31 homers).
The injury to Fernando Tatis Jr. who had 22 homers in just 84 games.
The pitching has been good at times with guys like Chris Paddack (3.54 ERA) and Joey Lucchesi (4.00 ERA) pitching well.
Eric Lauer will take the mound for the Padres on Sunday afternoon. Lauer is 8-8 with a 4.55 ERA this season.
The lefty allowed four runs in six innings against the Giants in his last outing.
MLB Baseball Betting Trends:
- Rockies are 16-43 in their last 59 games on grass.
- Rockies are 7-19 in their last 26 games vs. a left-handed starter.
- Rockies are 7-21 in their last 28 vs. National League West.
- Over is 12-4-1 in Padres last 17 home games.
- Under is 5-2-1 in Padres last 8 vs. a team with a losing record.
Free Colorado Rockies vs. San Diego Padres MLB Prediction: Padres ML
While the Rockies have the edge with their lineup it’s the Padres that have the pitching edge. Colorado has been a mess away from Coors Field as they hold a 26-47 record.
4* Free MLB Betting Pick: Padres ML
It won’t be a beautiful pitched game but the Padres will sneak out a win.-
MLB Free Score Prediction: Padres 6 – Rockies 5
If you’re looking for more MLB picks like this Colorado Rockies vs. San Diego Padres matchup we’ll be providing 4* free MLB plays on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free MLB Baseball picks!
Check out our Updated MLB Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- San Diego Padres vs. Milwaukee Brewers – 9/18/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction
- San Diego Padres vs. Milwaukee Brewers – 9/19/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- San Diego Padres vs. Milwaukee Brewers – 9/17/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- New York Mets vs. Colorado Rockies – 9/18/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros – 9/18/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction
- Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros – 9/17/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction
- Chicago White Sox vs. Minnesota Twins – 9/18/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction
- Tampa Bay Rays vs. Los Angeles Dodgers – 9/18/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction