Free MLB Pick: Cubs vs. Padres Odds
Looking for Chicago Cubs vs. San Diego Padres free mlb predictions? MLB betting sees the Cubs taking on the Padres on Monday September 9th, 2019 at Petco Park in San Diego, California. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all MLB baseball matchups all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily MLB predictions like this Cubs Padres free pick.
2019 MLB Season
Date: Sunday September 8th, 2019
Time: 10:10 PM ET
Venue: Petco Park in San Diego CA
Projected Pitchers: Kyle Hendricks vs. Cal Quantrill
MLB Moneyline Odds: Cubs -143 | Padres -117
MLB RunLine Betting Odds: Off
MLB Baseball Gambling Total: 8
Live MLB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
Things don’t get any easier for the Cubs who have to travel to the West Coast after having just dropped 3 in a row to division foe Milwaukee.
The rough weekend at Miller Park now has Chicago 4.5 games back from the Cardinals in the Central. Joe Maddon’s squad needs a strong 4-game series vs. San Diego as they are trying to hold on to a 1.5 game lead over Arizona for the 2nd wild card spot.
At full strength the Cubs might have value at even at -143 for Monday’s game but Chicago is battling some major injuries right now. Javy Baez could be out for the year with a thumb injury while Kris Bryant and Addison Russell are both questionable to give it a go in the opener vs. San Diego.
Kyle Hendricks is on the hill for Chicago. If this game were at Wrigley, the Cubs would be a no-brainer but Hendricks has a 5.20 ERA on the road compared to 1.77 at home. Hendricks allowed 2 ER in 7 IP vs. the Padres earlier this season.
San Diego Padres
One thing Chicago has going for them on Monday is that they do in fact play the Padres. Chicago has won 8 of the last 11 at Petco Park. That being said, San Diego is riding a two game win streak after getting wins Saturday and Sunday over Colorado.
Hunter Renfroe has gone 3-7 vs. Hendricks (.429) with a HR and two doubles but as a team San Diego is hitting just .246 vs. the Chicago starter. The Padres have also score more than 2 runs just once in their last 5 games.
It will be Cal Quantrill getting the start for San Diego. The right-hander has allowed 8 ER in each of his last two outings so Chicago, even if shorthanded, have to be licking their chops for this matchup.
Chicago is just 1-16 as a team vs. the San Diego starter though.
MLB Baseball Betting Trends:
- Cubs are 6-2 last 8 road games
- Cubs are 2-6 in Hendricks’ last 8 road starts
- Padres are 1-4 last 5 overall
- Cubs are 8-3 last 11 in San Diego
Free Chicago Cubs vs. San Diego Padres MLB Prediction:
Chicago had been playing much better on the road but they may have just ran into a solid Milwaukee team that got some great pitching over the weekend. Quantrill’s head has to be all messed up after allowing 16 runs in his last two starts but Hendricks also struggles on the road compared to when he’s at home.
4* Free MLB Betting Pick: Over 8
Even with injuries, Chicago’s offense is still pretty deep.
MLB Free Score Prediction: Cubs 6 – Padres 4
If you’re looking for more MLB picks like this Chicago Cubs vs. San Diego Padres matchup we’ll be providing 4* free MLB plays on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free MLB Baseball picks!
Check out our Updated MLB Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Arizona Diamondbacks vs. San Diego Padres – 9/20/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction
- Arizona Diamondbacks vs. San Diego Padres – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting
- San Diego Padres vs. Milwaukee Brewers – 9/19/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs – 9/20/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs – 9/19/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Chicago White Sox vs. Detroit Tigers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Chicago White Sox vs. Detroit Tigers – 9/20/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Milwaukee Brewers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction