Free MLB Pick: Red Sox vs Astros Odds
Looking for Boston Red Sox vs. Houston Astros free mlb predictions? MLB betting sees the Red Sox taking on the Astros on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at Minute Maid Park in Game 4 of the 2018 ALCS. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all MLB baseball matchups all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily MLB predictions like this Red Sox Astros free pick.
2018 ALCS Game 4
(4-2) Boston Red Sox vs. Houston Astros (4-1)
Date: Wednesday October 17, 2018
Time: 8:39 PM ET
Venue: Minute Maid Park, Houston, TX.
Projected Starters: Porcello vs. Morton
MLB Moneyline Odds: Astros -145 | Red Sox +125
MLB RunLine Betting Odds: OFF
MLB Baseball Gambling Total: 8½
Live MLB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
Boston Red Sox
This will likely be the only game in this series where Boston could argue it has the better starting pitcher. Rick Porcello will make his second start of the postseason and his fourth appearance, overall.
He’s given up five hits and just one run in those three appearances, which have totaled twenty outs. He’s only struck out three, including just one in his five-inning start against the Yankees, but he’s yet to walk even one.
Charlie Morton won’t have the chance to eliminate Boston like he did last season, at least not in this start. He would still likely appear in a Game 6 or 7, if necessary, though perhaps out of the bullpen.
Against the righty, Boston will likely start Brock Holt at second. Rafael Devers is 2-for-6 career against Morton, while Eduardo Nunez is 2-for-3. Nunez is the better defender but I’m partial to Devers because he adds just a little bit more thump to a Boston lineup that lacks power at the bottom.
The last time Charlie Morton was on the mound in the playoffs, he recorded the final out in Game 7 in Los Angeles. He gave up two hits and one run in the final four innings to get the win.
Morton ought to be fresh and throwing hard in this game, but rust could be an issue. He hasn’t thrown since September 30 and threw only thirty-four pitches. Before that, he threw just twenty-four pitches and seventy before that. He hasn’t had a full workload since September 8.
George Springer did more damage in Game 2, despite Houston’s loss. He’s 3-for-8 in the first two games of the series and 9-for-22 in the postseason this year. He’s hit in eleven postseason games in a row going into Tuesday night’s Game 3.
MLB Baseball Betting Trends:
- Over is 8-1 in BOS last 9 Wed. games.
- Over is 13-3-1 in BOS last 17 overall.
- Over is 13-3-1 in BOS last 17 on grass.
- Over is 7-1 in HOU last 8 Wed. games.
- HOU are 13-3 in their last 16 home games.
- HOU are 19-7 in their last 26 playoff home games.
- Head to Head: Over is 35-16-1 in the last 52 meetings.
Free Boston Red Sox vs. Houston Astros MLB Prediction: UNDER
I think this one is going under again. Porcello is fine and Morton should be sharp, assuming he gets through the first inning well.
4* Free MLB Betting Pick: Under 8½
MLB Free ALCS Game 4 Score Prediction: Boston 3 – Houston 4
If you’re looking for more MLB picks like this Boston Red Sox vs. Houston Astros matchup we’ll be providing 4* free MLB plays on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free MLB Baseball picks!
Check out our Updated MLB Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Boston Red Sox vs. Philadelphia Phillies – 9/15/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Boston Red Sox vs. Philadelphia Phillies – 9/14/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Houston Astros vs. Kansas City Royals – 9/15/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Houston Astros vs. Kansas City Royals – 9/14/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Chicago White Sox vs. Minnesota Twins – 9/16/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Chicago White Sox vs. Seattle Mariners – 9/14/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction