WHERE EACH TEAM STANDS HEADING INTO WEEK 15
Week 14 of the NFL season is in the books and what a typically insane week it was. The top 2 seeds in the AFC lost last week allowing the #4 team from a week ago to re-establish itself as the top seed in the competitive AFC – crazy. The cream is really starting to rise to the top as we head into the closing stretch of the NFL Regular Season – the pretenders have become increasingly obvious.
NFL Spreads & Matchup Insight
So where does your favorite team sit heading into Week 15? Let’s take a look.
1. Carolina Panthers (13-0) Last Week – 1
The only undefeated team left is the obvious #1. It’s not that they are winning – it is the way they are doing so. In Week 14 it was a 38-0 win against the Falcons. Cam Newton is the undisputed leader in the MVP clubhouse and the defense continues to be one of the best in the game.
Be scared NFL – be very, very scared!
2. Arizona Cardinals (11-2) Last Week – 2
The Cards maintain the #2 spot in the Rankings thanks to a good win on Thursday night at home against a very good Minnesota team. David Johnson has been a terrific replacement for Chris Johnson, Carson Palmer has been fantastic and the defense is top tier in the NFL. The Cards are one of the two or three most balanced teams in the game right now – an easy #2.
3. New England Patriots (11-2) Last Week – 4
Gronk’s back! And what a difference he made on Sunday night! The Patriots erased the memory of a two game losing streak and keep getting it done with a bunch of retreads and no-names. The Pats own the best “system” in the game – it doesn’t matter who they put in, success will follow!
4. Seattle Seahawks (8-5) Last Week – 6
Dominant – that is what the Seahawks have been as of late. The defense has certainly been doing its part but how about Russell Wilson and the passing game? Wilson has thrown 16 TDs and ZERO interceptions his last four games and Doug Baldwin and Tyler Lockett look like All-Pros. Thomas Rawls is a big loss but I have faith that Seattle’s offensive line can make anyone look good. Next Man Up!
5. Green Bay Packers (9-4) Last Week – 7
Head Coach Mike McCarthy took over play calling duties on Sunday and what a difference it made. Everybody on offense looked better including the running backs that combined for 230 yards. They have won three of their last four games and look like a serious threat again.
6. Denver Broncos (10-3) Last Week – 5
Whew! The Broncos haven’t looked good the last two games – just one TD in their last eight quarters of work. The honeymoon is over with Brock Osweiler and the QB questions in Denver have returned in full force! Denver’s defense will take them a long way but the team absolutely needs some better QB play going forward.
7. Cincinnati Bengals (10-3) Last Week 3
The loss of MVP candidate Andy Dalton with a broken thumb on his throwing hand is a serious blow! I mean how much can we expect from AJ McCarron? The Bengals will take a step backward –it’s really too bad!
8. Kansas City Chiefs (8-5) Last Week – 8
The Chiefs could be higher after winning seven straight games – everything seems to be going well for this team as we head deep into the stretch drive. KC has a powder-puff schedule the rest of the way, they should get Justin Houston back next week and the team is peaking in all aspects right now. The Chiefs are a scary team going forward – a seriously tough out for any team they have to face in the playoffs.
9. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-5) Last Week –9
Look out for the Pittsburgh Steelers! They could realistically be higher in the Rankings thanks to their insane offense – Sunday’s win was nice but far from aw-inspiring. They have won four of their last five averaging over 35 points over that span. It seems unfathomable that any defense will be able to slow them down.
10. New York Jets (8-5) Last Week 11
The Jets looked dominant on Sunday and now own a wild card spot in the AFC thanks to a good rushing effort by Chris Ivory, continued overachieving by Ryan Fitzpatrick and a defense that welcomed Darrelle Revis back from injury. The team rides a three game win streak into Week 15 and look poised to make some noise down the stretch.
11. Minnesota Vikings (8-5) Last Week – 10
The Vikes played the Cardinals tough on Thursday night – they could have tied it late if they trusted their kicker! Minnesota proved that they are a tough out and that they belong in the playoff conversation! AP is over his two-week span of uber-tough matchups. He and the Vikes should be able to rebound this week against the Bears.
12. Philadelphia Eagles (6-7) Last Week – 18
Produced a pretty big statement win on Sunday against the Bills – one week after beating the Patriots. Could this team be for real? Every aspect of Philadelphia’s game seems to be peeking at just the right time – not sure it will last though.
13. Indianapolis Colts (6-7) Last Week – 12
14. New York Giants (6-7) Last Week – 15
15. Washington Redskins (6-7) Last Week – 16
16. Buffalo Bills (6-7) Last Week – 13
17. Houston Texans (6-7) Last Week – 17
18. Oakland Raiders (6-7) Last Week – 20
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-7) Last Week – 14
20. Chicago Bears (5-8) Last Week – 19
21. New Orleans Saints (5-8) Last Week – 24
22. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-8) Last Week – 31
23. Miami Dolphins (5-8) Last Week – 22
24. Atlanta Falcons (6-7) Last Week – 23
25. Detroit Lions (4-9) Last Week – 21
26. St. Louis Rams (5-8) Last Week – 29
27. Dallas Cowboys (4-9) Last Week – 26
28. San Diego Chargers (3-10) Last Week – 27
29. Tennessee Titans (3-10) Last Week – 28
30. Cleveland Browns (3-10) Last Week – 32
31. San Francisco 49ers (4-9) Last Week – 25
32. Baltimore Ravens (4-9) Last Week – 30
We’ll be providing 4* free NFL predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NFL Week 15 Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has NFL Week 15 odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find NFL lines up for early games as well.