Free MLB Pick: Mets vs Cardinals Odds
Looking for New York Mets vs. St. Louis Cardinals free plays? MLB betting sees the Mets taking on the Cardinals on Sunday July 9, 2017 at Busch Stadium in St. Louis Missouri. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all MLB baseball matchups all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily MLB predictions.
(39-45) New York Mets vs. St. Louis Cardinals (41-45)
Date: Sunday, July 9, 2017
Time: 2:15 PM ET
Venue: Busch Stadium, St. Louis, Missouri
Projected Pitchers: Steven Matz vs. Lance Lynn
MLB Moneyline Odds: Cardinals -112 Mets +102
MLB RunLine Betting Odds: Cardinals -1.5 +170 Mets +1.5 -195
MLB Betting Total: ov 9 -110 un 9 -110
Live MLB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
New York Mets
The New York Mets are 5-4 over their last nine games. In my opinion the Mets are a scrappy club. They haven’t made any excuses despite all the injuries they have had, the first half of the season.
The injuries included all of the pitchers in the starting rotation. Give credit to Mets Manager Terry Collins for creating a never say never attitude in the clubhouse.
Today Steven Matz (2-1, 2.12 ERA) gets his turn in the rotation against the Cardinals. Matz has been one of the most underrated pitchers on the Mets rotation. Since returning from the DL, Matz has started five games.
He has pitched 34 innings, allowing 26 hits, eight runs (all earned), five home runs, nine walks and 22 strikeouts.
St. Louis Cardinals
St. Louis has been playing underwhelming this year. Currently four games under .500, the Cardinals look loaded on paper, but can’t seem to play to potential during the first half of the year.
Right now, the Cardinals look like a team that will not be in the postseason.
Lance Lynn (6-6, 3.87 ERA) is starting against the Mets in today’s game.
This season Lynn looks far from the all star player he once was. In his last start, he pitched five innings, allowing six hits, four runs, one home run, one walk and one strikeout in a 5-2 loss to the Marlins.
MLB Baseball Betting Trends:
- Over is 8-3-2 in NYM last 13 road games.
- Over is 49-23-10 in NYM last 82 overall.
- Over is 49-23-10 in NYM last 82 on grass.
- Over is 35-12-4 in STL last 51 Sun. games.
- Over is 10-4-1 in STL last 15 home games.
- Over is 16-7-1 in STL last 24 overall.
Free New York Mets vs. St. Louis Cardinals MLB Prediction:
In this New York Mets St. Louis Cardinals matchup, I give the edge to the Mets because Steven Matz will be on the mound for the Mets giving them the win.
4* Free MLB Betting Pick: UNDER the Number
The combined run total should stay under nine runs in this one. I expect Matz to give up a small number of runs in a low scoring game.
MLB Free Score Prediction: New York 3 – St. Louis 1
If you’re looking for more Baseball picks like this New York Mets vs. St. Louis Cardinals matchup we’ll be providing 4* free MLB plays on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free MLB Baseball picks!
Check out our Updated MLB Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- St. Louis Cardinals vs. Washington Nationals – 10/15/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- St. Louis Cardinals vs. Washington Nationals – 10/14/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Washington Nationals vs. St. Louis Cardinals – 10/12/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Washington Nationals vs. St. Louis Cardinals – 10/11/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Houston Astros vs. New York Yankees – 10/15/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- New York Yankees vs. Houston Astros – 10/13/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- New York Yankees vs. Houston Astros – 10/12/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction