Week 16 NFL Power Rankings
Looking for 2017 Week 16 NFL Power Rankings? The 2017 season is almost in the books – the NFL playoffs will be here soon, and we here at Cappers Picks can’t wait! With so much on the line where does your favorite team stand heading into Week 16? How does your team stack up? Hit us back below we’d love to hear from you.
NFL Football Handicapping
Let’s take a look in Ray Monohan’s Week 16 NFL Power Rankings.
1. New England Patriots (11-3)
– Last Week: 2
The Patriots always seem to come out on top when games go down to the end the way Sunday afternoon’s contest with the Steelers did. That was a big win for the Patriots. If the Steelers couldn’t knock off New England in Pittsburgh, they’ll have a heck of a time doing it on the road in January. Tom Brady continues to defy everything we know about aging quarterbacks.
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-3)
– Last Week: 1
The Steelers faced what was essentially a must-win game against the Patriots on Sunday. As mentioned a moment ago, having to go to New England in January is a lot different than staying home for that game.
But the Steeler defense has been a revelation this year, and with Antonio Brown down, they were still able to hang around, and may even deserve a victory depending on your interpretation of the catch rule.
3. Philadelphia Eagles (12-2)
– Last Week: 3
Nick Foles is one of the better backups in football, and he handled his business in Sunday’s matchup with the Giants. It’s easy to say “It was just the Giants,” but that’s the only test Foles has faced thus far. There’s still a ton of talent around him in Philadelphia. It’s too early to count his team out just yet.
4. Jacksonville Jaguars (10-4)
– Last Week: 4
It’s getting harder and harder to continue to expect the Jaguars to go back to being the same old Jaguars. This team looks legit, and continues to roll over lesser opponents. The team’s defense seems like it’s supposed to pop every season, but this is the year it finally did. And Blake Bortles is proving that he still has something to offer at the quarterback position.
5. Minnesota Vikings (11-3)
– Last Week: 5
The Vikings got back into the win column with a bang. And a poor performance by Teddy Bridgewater in relief of Sunday’s blowout should help silence Case Keenum’s critics.
The team’s defense is truly elite, and their wide receiving corps is quietly entering the same territory.
6. Los Angeles Rams (10-4)
– Last Week: 8
Sunday’s game against the Seahawks felt an awful lot like a passing of the torch in the NFC West. The job that’s been done by the team’s coaching staff has been tremendous. It’s a lot of fun watching Todd Gurley when he gets into space.
7. Carolina Panthers (10-4)
– Last Week: 6
With the Jerry Richardson scandal taking center stage, it was easy to overlook what was a very big win for the Panthers on Sunday. Just about everyone handed the Packers that game, but Carolina defended their home field well, picking off Aaron Rodgers three times.
8. New Orleans Saints (10-4)
– Last Week: 7
Alvin Kamara showed there was no reason to be concerned about his healthy with a strong performance in his return to action Sunday. The Saints are so strong when they’re playing with a lead now, with a solid running game and an improving secondary.
9. Atlanta Falcons (9-5)
– Last Week: 10
The Falcons’ offense continues to make strides forward. As the unit gets healthy and continues to adapt to Steve Sarkisian’s offense, they’ll only get better. Keeping Julio Jones on the field will be key come playoff time.
10. Kansas City Chiefs (8-6)
– Last Week: 13
The knock on the Chiefs has been that they can’t win the big game, but they’ve won a couple very important contests in back-to-back weeks over the Raiders and Chargers to take control of the division. They were awful for a long stretch in the middle of the season, but they’ve reverted back to their early-season form.
The Rest Of Our Week 16 NFL Power Rankings
11. Seattle Seahawks (8-6) – Last Week: 9
12. Tennessee Titans (8-6) – Last Week: 11
13. Baltimore Ravens (8-6) – Last Week: 14
14. Dallas Cowboys (8-6) – Last Week: 16
15. Detroit Lions (8-6) – Last Week: 18
16. Buffalo Bills (8-6) – Last Week: 17
17. Los Angeles Chargers (7-7) – Last Week: 12
18. Green Bay Packers (7-7) – Last Week: 15
19. Oakland Raiders (6-8) – Last Week: 20
20. San Francisco 49ers (4-10) – Last Week: 23
21. Washington Redskins (6-8) – Last Week: 22
22. Miami Dolphins (6-8) – Last Week: 19
23. Arizona Cardinals (6-8) – Last Week: 21
24. Denver Broncos (5-9) – Last Week: 27
25. Cincinnati Bengals (5-9) – Last Week: 24
26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-10) – Last Week: 25
27. Houston Texans (5-9) – Last Week: 26
28. Chicago Bears (4-10) – Last Week: 28
29. New York Jets (5-9) – Last Week: 29
30. Indianapolis Colts (3-10) – Last Week: 30
31. New York Giants (2-12) – Last Week: 31
32. Cleveland Browns (0-14) – Last Week: 32
If you’re looking for more handicapping posts like this edition of our 2017 NFL Power Rankings we’ll be providing 4* free NFL predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NFL Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has NFL odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find 2017 NFL lines up for early games as well.