Week 7 NFL Power Rankings
Looking for 2018 Week 7 NFL Power Rankings? The NFL Week 7 schedule kicks off this week, and we here at Cappers Picks can’t wait! With so much on the line where does your favorite team stand heading into Week 7? How does your team stack up? Hit us back below we’d love to hear from you.
NFL Football Handicapping
Let’s take a look in Ray Monohan’s Week 7 NFL Power Rankings.
1. Los Angeles Rams (6-0)
– Last Week: 1
A win in Denver more convincing than the final score would indicate, coupled with the previously No. 2 Chiefs’ loss in New England, has the Rams comfortably holding onto the top spot once again as the last remaining undefeated team. Sean McVay is establishing himself as a dominant head coach in the league, with many more years to come as he moulds this young Rams roster.
2. Kansas City Chiefs (5-1)
– Last Week: 2
What an interesting situation we have here. The Chiefs went into this week at No. 2 in the rankings with a 5-0 record, and lost a thriller to the Patriots. 43-40.
While that may lead the majority of people to bump the Chiefs down behind the Patriots in this spot, I’m keeping the Chiefs at No. 2, as they’ve shown enough to prove they can compete with New England in a playoff scenario. And with the better record to date, shifting the matchup from Gillette to Arrowhead could make all the difference.
3. New England Patriots (4-2)
– Last Week: 3
While Sunday evening’s impressive win didn’t move the Patriots up the ranks, it does help solidify their return to elite status in the NFL. The combo of Tom Brady and Josh Gordon is looking pretty solid, while also opening up more passing lanes for Rob Gronkowski as this passing game gets its legs back under it. They’ll be tested in the coming weeks, playing four of five, and six of their next 10 on the road.
4. New Orleans Saints (4-1)
– Last Week: 4
The Saints stay at No. 4 following their bye. Hopefully Alvin Kamara’s usage from last weekend was just a way of giving him some extra rest given that the bye was looming. He’s become an integral part of their offense.
5. Minnesota Vikings (3-2-1)
– Last Week: 5
The team’s struggles are becoming a distant memory as they re-establish themselves as an elite team in the league. The passing game has really taken this team to another level. It’s amazing how badly Washington missed on Kirk Cousins.
And Adam Thielen is establishing himself as a dominant force as opponents scheme to take away Stefon Diggs.
6. Pittsburgh Steelers (3-2-1)
– Last Week: 7
Winning certainly helps cure what ails a locker room, and the Steelers picking up a big, last-minute victory over the Bengals thanks in large part to a clutch play by Antonio Brown, certainly helps keep things on schedule for the Steelers. They’re expected to get Le’Veon Bell back during their bye week, which should only help one of the NFL’s most potent offenses.
7. Los Angeles Chargers (4-2)
– Last Week: 8
They may be going through an easy part of their schedule, but it’s really nice to see the Chargers enjoying some positive momentum after years of being one of the biggest underachievers in football. The offense is looking phenomenal, and the defense should get Joey Bosa back soon.
8. Philadelphia Eagles (3-3)
– Last Week: 9
A loss to the Giants would have put the Eagles’ playoff hopes in serious jeopardy, but a victory relieves a lot of the pressure on the team in the coming weeks. The offense will miss Jay Ajayi, but Carson Wentz and Alshon Jeffery connecting the way they have in recent weeks is very promising.
9. Green Bay Packers (3-2-1)
– Last Week: 10
For the first 55 minutes of Monday night’s game, the Packers were headed for a drop in the rankings, but the magic that Aaron Rodgers is capable of pulling off in such a short period of time is just too impressive to look past.
10. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-3)
– Last Week: 6
It’s tough to really write off the Jaguars, as they have all the pieces in place to be one of the dominant forces in the NFL right now. They just need to pull things all together at once, and that starts with Blake Bortles, who won a head-to-head matchup with Tom Brady just a few weeks ago, but hasn’t been able to get anything going since.
The Rest Of Our Week 7 NFL Power Rankings
11. Baltimore Ravens (4-2) – Last Week: 12
12. Dallas Cowboys (3-3) – Last Week: 15
13. Carolina Panthers (3-2) – Last Week: 11
14. Houston Texans (3-3) – Last Week: 17
15. Washington Redskins (3-2) – Last Week: 16
16. Cincinnati Bengals (4-2) – Last Week: 14
17. Chicago Bears (3-2) – Last Week: 13
18. Detroit Lions (2-3) – Last Week: 18
19. Seattle Seahawks (3-3) – Last Week: 22
20. Cleveland Browns (2-3-1) – Last Week: 19
21. Denver Broncos (2-4) – Last Week: 20
22. Atlanta Falcons (2-4) – Last Week: 23
23. Miami Dolphins (4-2) – Last Week: 24
24. New York Jets (3-3) – Last Week: 25
25. Buffalo Bills (2-4) – Last Week: 26
26. Tennessee Titans (3-3) – Last Week: 21
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-3) – Last Week: 28
28. Indianapolis Colts (1-5) – Last Week: 27
29. Oakland Raiders (1-5) – Last Week: 29
30. New York Giants (1-5) – Last Week: 30
31. San Francisco 49ers (1-5) – Last Week: 32
32. Arizona Cardinals (1-5) – Last Week: 31
If you’re looking for more handicapping posts like this edition of our 2018 NFL Power Rankings we’ll be providing 4* free NFL predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NFL Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has NFL odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find 2018 NFL lines up for early games as well.