Week 5 NFL Power Rankings
Looking for 2018 Week 5 NFL Power Rankings? The NFL Week 5 schedule kicks off this week, and we here at Cappers Picks can’t wait! With so much on the line where does your favorite team stand heading into Week 5? How does your team stack up? Hit us back below we’d love to hear from you.
NFL Football Handicapping
Let’s take a look in Ray Monohan’s Week 5 NFL Power Rankings.
1. Los Angeles Rams (4-0)
– Last Week: 1
The week wasn’t a great one for a lot of the top teams in the game, but the Rams come away with an impressive win in a showdown with the Vikings, who many view as their biggest competition in the NFC. We all know what Sean McVay brings to the table, but when Jared Goff is dropping dimes the way he was on Thursday night, this team is going to be a real nightmare for opposing defenses.
2. Kansas City Chiefs (4-0)
– Last Week: 2
The events prior to the Monday nighter pretty well solidified the Chiefs’ spot at No. 2 prior to the start of that matchup with the Broncos.
But watching Patrick Mahomes face some adversity and battle through it to escape with a win on the road bodes very well for the team’s prospects moving forward.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-1)
– Last Week: 4
The Jaguars got back into the win column with a victory over the Jets on Sunday. Not an exciting statement given the current state of football in New York, but all the Jets can do is beat the team in front of them, and with Blake Bortles looking like he’s going to contribute to the team in a more meaningful way this season, they can be as good as any team in football.
4. New England Patriots (2-2)
– Last Week: 5
The Patriots needed a get-right game, and that may have been it, as any questions as to whether things were done for Tom Brady were erased with a convincing victory over the previously 3-0 Dolphins.
5. New Orleans Saints (3-1)
– Last Week: 6
The Saints have gotten every ounce of production they possibly could have hoped for out of Alvin Kamara, who will see the return of backfield mate Mark Ingram this week.
The duo represented the most dominant backfield combination in football last season, and given the declining state of the team’s defense, which had been so strong in 2017, the Saints will ask a lot of their backs, if only to keep that defense on the sideline.
6. Philadelphia Eagles (2-2)
– Last Week: 3
A loss to the Titans wasn’t something many had predicted for the Eagles in Week 4, as the team looked to finally get right with the return of Carson Wentz in Week 3. Wentz had a good connection going with Alshon Jeffery in the latter’s return to the field, but the defense was a little more leaky than we’re used to seeing them.
7. Green Bay Packers (2-1-1)
– Last Week: 9
The Green Bay defense has quietly gotten pretty good this year, and that was highlighted with a shutout of the Bills this week. The mobility of Aaron Rodgers remains a huge concern, but as long as they keep winning, that won’t be too much of a concern.
8. Baltimore Ravens (3-1)
– Last Week: 10
Consistency has been a problem for the Ravens in recent years, but the return of Jimmy Smith to the team’s secondary may help overcome a lull following a huge win over the Steelers in prime time.
9. Los Angeles Chargers (2-2)
– Last Week: 11
The Chargers’ two losses have come to the Chiefs in the opening week, and at the Rams. A victory over the 49ers on Sunday begins a stretch in which their schedule gets a lot easier for several weeks, which should help the team climb the standings in the AFC.
10. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-2-1)
– Last Week: 7
Watching the Steeler offense do what it did in the second quarter of the Sunday nighter, it’s tough to write this team off entirely. And with rumors they’ll get Le’Veon Bell back in Week 7 to play 10 games, things are looking up for the Steelers.
The Rest Of Our Week 5 NFL Power Rankings
- 11. Minnesota Vikings (1-2-1) – Last Week: 8
- 12. Carolina Panthers (2-1) – Last Week: 12
- 13. Chicago Bears (3-1) – Last Week: 15
- 14. Dallas Cowboys (2-2) – Last Week: 18
- 15. Washington Redskins (2-1) – Last Week: 16
- 16. Denver Broncos (2-2) – Last Week: 14
- 17. Tennessee Titans (3-1) – Last Week: 21
- 18. Cincinnati Bengals (3-1) – Last Week: 20
- 19. Seattle Seahawks (2-2) – Last Week: 24
- 20. Atlanta Falcons (1-3) – Last Week: 13
- 21. Miami Dolphins (3-1) – Last Week: 17
- 22. Detroit Lions (1-3) – Last Week: 19
- 23. Houston Texans (1-3) – Last Week: 26
- 24. Cleveland Browns (1-2-1) – Last Week: 23
- 25. Indianapolis Colts (1-3) – Last Week: 30
- 26. Oakland Raiders (1-3) – Last Week: 31
- 27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-2) – Last Week: 22
- 28. New York Giants (1-3) – Last Week: 25
- 29. San Francisco 49ers (1-3) – Last Week: 27
- 30. New York Jets (1-3) – Last Week: 28
- 31. Buffalo Bills (1-3) – Last Week: 29
- 32. Arizona Cardinals (0-4) – Last Week: 32
If you’re looking for more handicapping posts like this edition of our 2018 NFL Power Rankings we’ll be providing 4* free NFL predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NFL Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has NFL odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find 2018 NFL lines up for early games as well.