Week 4 NFL Power Rankings
Looking for 2018 Week 4 NFL Power Rankings? The NFL Week 4 schedule kicks off this week, and we here at Cappers Picks can’t wait! With so much on the line where does your favorite team stand heading into Week 4? How does your team stack up? Hit us back below we’d love to hear from you.
NFL Football Handicapping
Let’s take a look in Ray Monohan’s Week 4 NFL Power Rankings.
1. Los Angeles Rams (3-0)
– Last Week: 1
With many of the other top teams stumbling, the Rams tightened their grip on the No. 1 spot with a decisive victory over the Chargers – the toughest opponent they’ve faced to this point in the season.
The Rams have won each of their games by double-digits, and avoided the trap of looking forward to a mid-week matchup with the Vikings this Thursday. At a time when the coach-quarterback combo is as important as ever, the Rams are looking spoiled in that facet.
2. Kansas City Chiefs (3-0)
– Last Week: 3
Another team in a strong position with the coach-quarterback combo is the Chiefs, who pushed their chips to the middle of the table this offseason when they traded away Alex Smith to move Patrick Mahomes into the starting lineup, and so far that’s come up aces.
Mahomes certainly won’t keep up the record-breaking touchdown pace without throwing any interceptions over a full 16-game schedule, but Reid’s built a group of skill players around him that’s tailored to his skill set, and Reid’s also getting guys open for him.
This team can score on anyone.
3. Philadelphia Eagles (2-1)
– Last Week: 5
The return of Carson Wentz is huge for the Eagles, who have the right players in position at just about every other spot on the field.
He certainly has some room to continue to get up to speed after the long layoff, but this is a terrific step forward for the Eagles.
4. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-1)
– Last Week: 2
A letdown in Week 3 didn’t come as too much of a surprise after that huge win over the Patriots in Week 2.
The inconsistency of the Jacksonville offense continues to be a concern moving forward, but the defense is as stout as ever, and the return of Leonard Fournette will only serve to help smooth over other deficiencies.
5. New England Patriots (1-2)
– Last Week: 4
We’ve seen the Patriots in this position so often in recent years that it’s difficult to write them off entirely until we see this skid extend a while longer.
The return of Julian Edelman, coupled with the addition of Josh Gordon, should only serve to breathe some life back into the offense, which could be the key to turning things back around.
6. New Orleans Saints (2-1)
– Last Week:
It’s certainly concerning to see the team’s secondary continue to struggle, and a return to the all-offense, no-defense Saints teams of the past would not be a good thing, but if Drew Brees can keep the offense humming the way it has the past few weeks, the way the defense plays may not matter.
7. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-1-1)
– Last Week: 9
A 30-point first-half isn’t something the Steelers do often on the road, as the team’s offense typically doesn’t travel well. But it’s good to see them eke into the win column, which will surely help cure some of the off the field troubles they’ve dealt with recently.
8. Minnesota Vikings (1-1-1)
– Last Week: 6
It was certainly a trap game for the Vikings in Week 3, coming off a hard-fought tie against the Packers, and with a date with the Rams on a short week just ahead, but no one thought a loss to the Bills was a realistic outcome.
They’ll need to bounce back on Thursday night.
9. Green Bay Packers (1-1-1)
– Last Week: 7
Similar to the Patriots, it’s tough to discount the Packers too much following their loss, given that we’ve been down this road before. Aaron Rodgers’s postgame interview felt a little like the infamous “relax” speech which predicated a long winning streak.
10. Baltimore Ravens (2-1)
– Last Week: 15
Yo-yoing through the rankings seems to be a consistent theme with the Ravens, who look really bad in losses, and really good in wins. Stringing together consecutive good performances remains elusive to them.
The Rest Of Our Week 4 NFL Power Rankings
11. Los Angeles Chargers (1-2) – Last Week: 10
12. Carolina Panthers (2-1) – Last Week: 16
13. Atlanta Falcons (1-2) – Last Week: 11
14. Denver Broncos (2-1) – Last Week: 12
15. Chicago Bears (2-1) – Last Week: 19
16. Washington Redskins (2-1) – Last Week: 17
17. Miami Dolphins (3-0) – Last Week: 22
18. Dallas Cowboys (1-2) – Last Week: 13
19. Detroit Lions (1-2) – Last Week: 27
20. Cincinnati Bengals (2-1) – Last Week: 20
21. Tennessee Titans (2-1) – Last Week: 23
22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-1) – Last Week: 21
23. Cleveland Browns (1-1-1) – Last Week: 26
24. Seattle Seahawks (1-2) – Last Week: 24
25. New York Giants (1-2) – Last Week: 28
26. Houston Texans (0-3) – Last Week: 18
27. San Francisco 49ers (1-2) – Last Week: 14
28. New York Jets (1-2) – Last Week: 25
29. Buffalo Bills (1-2) – Last Week: 32
30. Indianapolis Colts (0-3) – Last Week: 31
31. Oakland Raiders (0-3) – Last Week: 29
32. Arizona Cardinals (0-3) – Last Week: 30
If you’re looking for more handicapping posts like this edition of our 2018 NFL Power Rankings we’ll be providing 4* free NFL predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NFL Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has NFL odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find 2018 NFL lines up for early games as well.