Weekly NFL Power Rankings
Looking for 2018 Week 3 NFL Power Rankings? The NFL Week 3 schedule kicks off this week, and we here at Cappers Picks can’t wait! With so much on the line where does your favorite team stand heading into Week 3? How does your team stack up? Hit us back below we’d love to hear from you.
NFL Football Handicapping
Let’s take a look in Ray Monohan’s Week 3 NFL Power Rankings.
1. Los Angeles Rams (2-0)
– Last Week: 3
The Rams have absolutely dominated their last six quarters of football, with Todd Gurley showing no signs of regressing, and the team’s elite defense holding opponents scoreless for all six of those quarters. And on offense, Brandin Cooks is a massive upgrade over Sammy Watkins as the field-stretching threat that makes this offense so dangerous.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-0)
– Last Week: 5
The Jaguars backed up all their big talk from the past few weeks by showing they can indeed compete with the defending AFC champs, putting together a convincing victory over the Patriots in Jacksonville.
We’ve known for a while that the Jaguar defense can compete with the best, but the Jaguar offense showed that it can carry its wait as well, even without Leonard Fournette. Blake Bortles has shown flashes in the past, and if he can play the way he did on Sunday with some regularity the Jaguars will be as good as any team in the league.
3. Kansas City Chiefs (2-0)
– Last Week: 6
It’d be easy to make a case to slot the Chiefs in higher if their defense hadn’t surrendered a million points the past two weeks. But their offense has been so good and looked so dominant that it’s impossible not to bump them up a few spots. Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid have looked like a perfect match, and the speedy weapons Reid’s surrounded Mahomes with have the Chiefs looking like a team that can put up 40 points on just about anyone.
4. New England Patriots (1-1)
– Last Week: 2
The Patriots have been in the habit of being on the wrong end of an ugly loss early in the season the past few years. This is a team that gets so much better after their bye week, and one we’ve seen in this exact scenario so many times that they’ve earned the benefit of the doubt. The edge of the cliff definitely isn’t far off, though.
5. Philadelphia Eagles (1-1)
– Last Week: 1
Through all their quarterback woes, the Eagles’ defense has been so strong that it’s been able to overcome all that and keep the team in games.
That wasn’t the case this past week, but there’s still reason to believe in this team moving forward as they’re about to get Carson Wentz back, and in a few weeks when he’s back in the swing of things, the Eagles can go right back to being a dominant force in the NFC.
6. Minnesota Vikings (1-0-1)
– Last Week: 4
The Vikings took a tie from a loss on Sunday on the back of a bad call by the officials, but there was nothing phony about the throw Kirk Cousins made to Adam Thielen in the closing moments of regulation. That’s an element this team hasn’t had in over a decade.
7. Green Bay Packers (1-0-1)
– Last Week: 8
The team on the wrong end of that terrible roughing the passer penalty that gifted the Vikings a tie was the Packers, who are certainly reeling from that result, but fans have to be happy with the play of Aaron Rodgers, who looked like he might have been severely limited by a knew ailment after last week, but instead continues to look like the best quarterback in football.
8. New Orleans Saints (1-1)
– Last Week: 9
They have a win now. That’s about the end of the positives that can be said about the Saints. Michael Thomas has been elite, but the team’s secondary, which took a major step forward last year, has looked more like Saints secondaries of the past.
9. Pittsburgh Steelers (0-1-1)
– Last Week: 7
The Steelers may be imploding in some ways, with star players Le’Veon Bell and Antonio Brown seeming to want out, but this is a talented Steeler team, and a few wins should help calm things down.
10. Los Angeles Chargers (1-1)
– Last Week: 12
The Chiefs lighting up the Steelers’ secondary puts some concerns about the Chargers’ secondary to rest. This is a very talented team that will be a tough out moving forward.
The Rest Of Our Week 3 NFL Power Rankings
11. Atlanta Falcons (1-1) – Last Week: 15
12. Denver Broncos (2-0) – Last Week: 16
13. Dallas Cowboys (1-1) – Last Week: 18
14. San Francisco 49ers (1-)1 – Last Week: 17
15. Baltimore Ravens (1-1) – Last Week: 10
16. Carolina Panthers (1-1) – Last Week: 11
17. Washington Redskins (1-1) – Last Week: 13
18. Houston Texans (0-2) – Last Week: 14
19. Chicago Bears (1-1) – Last Week: 19
20. Cincinnati Bengals (2-0) – Last Week: 21
21. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-0) – Last Week: 26
22. Miami Dolphins (2-0) – Last Week: 23
23. Tennessee Titans (1-1) – Last Week: 22
24. Seattle Seahawks (0-2) – Last Week: 20
25. New York Jets (1-1) – Last Week: 25
26. Cleveland Browns (0-1-1) – Last Week: 28
27. Detroit Lions (0-2) – Last Week:
28. New York Giants (0-2) – Last Week: 24
29. Oakland Raiders (0-2) – Last Week: 30
30. Arizona Cardinals (0-2) – Last Week: 29
31. Indianapolis Colts (0-2) – Last Week: 31
32. Buffalo Bills (0-2) – Last Week: 32
If you’re looking for more handicapping posts like this edition of our 2018 NFL Power Rankings we’ll be providing 4* free NFL predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NFL Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has NFL odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find 2018 NFL lines up for early games as well.