Free NHL Hockey Prediction: Avalanche vs. Lightning NHL Odds
Looking for Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Colorado Avalanche free hockey plays & NHL Odds? NHL betting sees the Lightning taking on the Avalanche on Saturday, June 15th at Ball Arena in Denver, Colorado. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all NHL Hockey games all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily NHL hockey predictions like this Lightning Avalanche matchup.
(63-29-8) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Colorado Avalanche (69-20-8)
Date: Saturday June 18th 2022
Time: 8:00 PM ET
Venue: Ball Arena in Denver, Colorado
NHL Hockey Moneyline Odds: Lightning +135 | Avalanche -155 (Bet Now!)
NHL Hockey Puck Line Odds: Lightning +1.5 -190 | Avalanche -1.5 +175
NHL Betting Total: 6.0
We were close in game one as we saw the Lightning push this one to overtime in what was a valiant effort. Despite the loss the public is still rather confident in the Bolts and they are warranted to be for a few reasons.
In the past three playoff campaigns, the Lightning are 17-1 after a loss and those tend to be netminder Andre Vasilevskiy’s best outings. Which perhaps why 71% of the money is coming in on the Lightning for game two of the finals per oddsshark.com.
It’s hard to bet against 17-1. I am likely to try the Lightning one more time in this series (spoiler alert) for that record alone and the continued dominance of Andre.
But let’s look a little closer anyway shall we?
Tampa Bay Lightning
In games 2 through 7 during the 2022 playoffs, Andrew Vasilevskiy is 11-3, posts a .939 sv% and a 1.90 GAA. I am sorry to keep running my mouth about the guy but his play just cannot be overlooked or understated right now.
If Tampa ends up winning this series and making it three championships in a row I believe he’s the Conn Smythe favourite by a mile. He cannot afford to have an off night in game two because a 2-0 hole against the Avalanche is a nightmarish scenario.
The Avalanche are playing like they smell blood in the water.
Every shift from every line comes with urgency and frantic pace but also with presence of mind and execution. They do not make mistakes, overextend themselves or get cute at inopportune times.
It’s really impressive to watch just as a pure hockey fan because no team has played the game to this level of perfection in the cap era. They did give up three goals, yes, but in this sport against this opponent that is about as good as it can get.
The Avalanche very simply just do not need to change anything. Stay disciplined, stick to the plan and keep firing away and this thing will likely end up falling your way.
Three wins away now and you can tell they can taste it.
NHL Betting Trends:
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Tampa Bay’s last 6 games.
- Tampa Bay are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games.
- Tampa Bay are 1-4 SU in their last 5 games against Colorado.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Tampa Bay’s last 7 games on the road.
- Tampa Bay are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games when playing on the road against Colorado.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Tampa Bay’s last 6 games against an opponent in the Western Conference conference.
- Tampa Bay are 8-4 SU in their last 12 games against an opponent in the Central Division division.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Colorado’s last 9 games.
- Colorado are 6-0 SU in their last 6 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Colorado’s last 6 games against Tampa Bay.
- Colorado are 13-4 SU in their last 17 games at home.
- Colorado are 2-5 SU in their last 7 games when playing at home against Tampa Bay.
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Colorado’s last 12 games against an opponent in the Eastern Conference conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Colorado’s last 7 games played on a Saturday when at home.
Overview 4* Free NHL Betting Pick: Lightning ML
I am taking at least one more stab at the Lightning in this series. If they lose then I will reconsider the strategy.
But for now, it’s really tough for me to fade them after a loss in these playoffs given what they have accomplished. At this price it once again seems like a no brainer.
If they lose though and lose decisively then all bets are off, I will hang with my Avalanche outright winner bet and pick some props.
If you’re looking for more NHL picks like this Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Colorado Avalanche matchup we’ll be providing 4* free NHL predictions on the blog during the entire 2021 NHL season, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NHL Hockey picks!
Register here for a FREE NHL Hockey Betting Account Now for Daily Free Picks & More Special Offers!