Free NHL Hockey Prediction: Avalanche vs. Lightning NHL Odds
Looking for Colorado Avalanche vs. Tampa Bay Lightning free hockey plays & NHL Odds? NHL betting sees the Avalanche taking on the Lightning on Wednesday, June 22nd at Amalie Arena in Tampa Bay, Florida. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all NHL Hockey games all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily NHL hockey predictions like this Avalanche Lightning matchup.
(64-29-9) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Colorado Avalanche (70-21-8)
Date: Wednesday June 22nd 2022
Time: 8:00 PM ET
Venue: Amalie Arena, Tampa Bay, FL
NHL Hockey Moneyline Odds: Lightning -105 | Avalanche -115 (Bet Now!)
NHL Hockey Puck Line Odds: Lightning -1.5 +210 | Avalanche +1.5 -250
NHL Betting Total: 6.0
Well folks we have a series now which is good for all, not great for my Avalanche future but I figured the Lightning would make me sweat it out. They showed up in a big way and showed the Avalanche they are still the champs.
They solved the seemingly impenetrable defensive zone structure of the Avalanche and got into Kuemper’s kitchen. Their start was also much better despite giving up the first one on what some thought could have been goaltender interference.
After game two I was honestly never going to bet the Lightning again but my confidence in them has been restored.
So with that in mind let’s dive into this one.
Tampa Bay Lightning
So the Lightning are posting an impressive 3.48 goals for average per game right now which is only slightly behind the Avalanche’s average of 3.76.
Brayden Point did not play after suiting up in game two which is awful news for this squad. He is the heart and sole of this group with a high powered motor in his game that often drives play and pace for the Lightning.
We will keep our eyes on that as this thing moves on.
The Avs are still the Avs despite this loss. Their tantalizing young defenceman Cale Makar just took home his first of what will probably be many Norris trophies this evening at the NHL awards and he is buzzing in this series.
I do think they will stick with Kuemper in game three to avoid sending the wrong message to the room and letting the Lightning know they got to them. He has been shaky though at times as we went over in the first write up for this series.
They are also due to get Kadri back. Word is he is skating daily and is likely to suit up in this series.
If the Bolts can stick to their game plan and have the momentum carry over I think they can without a doubt tie this series up.
NHL Betting Trends:
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Colorado’s last 5 games.
- Colorado are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games.
- Colorado are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games against Tampa Bay.
- Colorado are 4-1 SU in their last 5 games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Colorado’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Tampa Bay.
- Colorado are 7-2 SU in their last 9 games against an opponent in the Eastern Conference conference.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Colorado’s last 6 games against an opponent in the Atlantic Division division.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Tampa Bay’s last 14 games.
- Tampa Bay are 11-4 SU in their last 15 games.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Tampa Bay’s last 8 games against Colorado.
- Tampa Bay are 8-0 SU in their last 8 games at home.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Tampa Bay’s last 5 games when playing at home against Colorado.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Tampa Bay’s last 5 games against an opponent in the Western Conference conference.
- Tampa Bay are 5-2 SU in their last 7 games played in June.
Overview 4* Free NHL Betting Pick: Lightning ML
I’m back on the Lightning train. They looked like an entirely different team last night which was refreshing, I do hope that we get seven games in this one just as a fan but I also think the Lightning will be desperate for another home cooking win. The Avalanche are unbeatable in their own barn.
I also like the over again but get it in early because I think that today it will be moving to at least 6.5, per oddsshark.com 88% of the public is on it so expect some movement.
If you’re looking for more NHL picks like this Colorado Avalanche vs. Tampa Bay Lightning matchup we’ll be providing 4* free NHL predictions on the blog during the entire 2021 NHL season, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NHL Hockey picks!
Register here for a FREE NHL Hockey Betting Account Now for Daily Free Picks & More Special Offers!