Free Week 2 Prediction: Huskies vs Utes Odds
Looking for Northern Illinois Huskies vs. Utah Utes free picks? Week 2 betting sees the Huskies taking on the Utes Saturday September 7th at Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City, Utah. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Northern Illinois Utah Week 2 free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 2
(1-0) Northern Illinois vs. Utah Utes (1-0)
Date: Saturday, September 7
Time: 1:00 pm EST
Venue: Rice-Eccles Stadium, Salt Lake City, Utah
NCAA Football Spread: Opened Utah -18.5 | Now -22.5
NCAA Betting Total: 44
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
Both the Northern Illinois Huskies and Utah Utes have started off the 2019 campaign with wins last week.
Northern Illinois got on the board by beating Illinois State and Utah impressed in a win at rival BYU.
Northern Illinois Huskies
Northern Illinois got off to a slow start, but they finished strong enough to win 24-10.
Quarterback Ross Bowers got into a bit of a groove late in the game as he went 20/33 for 299 yards and two touchdowns including a 68 yard touchdown to Tyrice Richie in the fourth quarter.
The discouraging thing about the win was the fact that the Huskies weren’t able to establish a real threat in the running game. Tre Harbison gained 99 yards on the ground, but on 23 carries.
That’s a solid line, but considering the competition it’s not the greatest of stat lines. Things will be much more difficult for them when they travel to Salt Lake.
Defensively, the Utah Utes were really impressive. As is usually the case, the Utes rely heavily on their defense and they didn’t disappoint. They are well coached and they fly around to the ball.
They created three turnovers against BYU including two pick-6’s.
The offense was a little slow to get going, but they were able to establish themselves as the game wore on. Zach Moss had an impressive 181 yards with a touchdown.
Tyler Huntley didn’t make a mistake and just kept things going. If Utah wants to take that next step, Huntley will have to take his game to the next level, but for this week against NIU all he has to do is manage the game again.
Utah’s defense and running game will wear down the Huskies.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Utah is 6-4 ATS in their last ten games
- NIU under is 10-5 in their last fifteen games
- NIU is 4-1 ATS in their last five games
- Utah under is 8-2 in their last ten week two games
Free Week 2 NCAA Football Pick
As I mentioned, Utah is going to win the game and it’s going to be pretty easy. Utah’s defense is going to be fun to watch and their running attack should pound the Huskies into submission as the game wears on.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Utah -22.5
There’s currently no line, but Utah should win big and probably will cover depending on the spread. The under might be an interesting play, as well. It takes two to tango and I don’t see NIU putting up many points.
Week 2 Free Score Prediction: Utah 38 – NIU 9
If you’re looking for more picks like this Northern Illinois Huskies vs. Utah Utes matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Utah State Aggies vs. San Diego State Aztecs – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UCF Knights vs. Pitt Panthers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Wagner Seahawks vs. FAU Owls – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Oregon Ducks vs. Stanford Cardinal – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Baylor Bears vs. Rice Owls – 9/21/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Louisville Cardinals vs. Florida State Seminoles – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB betting Prediction
- Old Dominion Monarchs vs. Virginia Cavaliers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UCLA Bruins vs. Washington State Cougars – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction