WHERE EACH TEAM STANDS HEADING INTO WEEK 7
Week 6 of the NFL season is in the books and what a typically crazy week it was – terrible play calls, teams rising from the ashes and some unsung heroes emerged from an insane slate of games.
NFL Spreads & Matchup Insight
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
There are five undefeated teams remaining and zero winless teams – I guess parity IS a real thing in the NFL! The top 3 in the Rankings remain the same this week – the Pats, Pack and Bengals are definitely the elite a quarter way through the season but other teams with high expectations have fallen down the ranks drastically!
So where does your favorite team sit heading into Week 7? Let’s take a look.
Let’s take a look.
1. New England Patriots (5-0) Last Week – 1
Pretty hard to argue with the fact that the Pats aren’t the best team in the league right now – people have already started talking about an undefeated season! No worries about deflated balls this time against Indianapolis – New England beat them fair and square on Sunday night. Tom Brady had another 300 yards passing and the running game generated 116 yards on the ground. The Pats are rolling on both sides of the ball – hard to see them losing in the foreseeable future!
2. Green Bay Packers (6-0) Last Week – 2
The Packers survived a scare for the Chargers on Sunday and gave up 500+ passing yards to Philip Rivers. But as all good teams to – they found a way to win! It was perhaps Green Bay’s worst effort of the year and they still posted victory. Green Bay will get better and is a worthy #2 this week.
3. Cincinnati Bengals (6-0) Last Week 3
The Bengals nearly leapfrogged the Packers this week after their impressive win Sunday but third in the Rankings ain’t so bad! Andy Dalton continues to impress (14 TDs this year), Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard are perhaps the scariest RB duo in the league and the defense has been terrific as well. As long as we are in the Regular Season, Cincinnati will be strong – their success will be measured in the postseason!
4. Denver Broncos (6-0) Last Week – 5
Still not impressed with the Broncos? I’m not either. But there is no arguing with a 6-0 record. Peyton Manning threw three more interceptions Sunday in a 26-23 win against Cleveland – not good. But with the Broncos defense playing the way it is, we HAVE to keep them top 5. For how long? That’s the question!
5. Carolina Panthers (5-0) Last Week – 9
The Panthers weren’t getting a whole lotta love due to an easy early-season schedule but marching into Seattle and beating the Seahawks gives them instant credibility! Cam Newton has quietly put together perhaps his most impressive season as a pro and the defense is responding as well. It took some time for Carolina to get some love but they are getting it in spades right now!
6. New York Jets (4-1) Last Week – 7
How bout dem Jets? New York took on a decent Washington defense on Sunday and beat them down. Chris Ivory has been the difference maker! He combined for nearly 200 yards on Sunday and looks like one of the more dominant backs in the game right now. Brandon Marshall is playing with a purpose as well. With Darrell Revis and company playing solid defense to go along with the offense the Jets look balanced and awfully dangerous right now!
7. Atlanta Falcons (5-1) Last Week 7
The Falcons didn’t look great on Thursday night against New Orleans and lost their first game of the season. Atlanta’s defensive line was seriously exposed – they got nowhere near Drew Brees. Matt Ryan and Julio Jones haven’t exactly been in sync either. Thank goodness for Devonta Freeman if you are a Falcons fan!
8. Arizona Cardinals (4-2) Last Week – 6
What has happened to the Arizona Cardinals? I mean c’mon! The Pittsburgh Steelers with a third string QB beat the Cards handily on Sunday – the Cards managed just 12 points against a pretty bad Steelers defense. I have faith that the Cards will bounce back but right now, they are clinging to a top 10 spot.
9. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-2) Last Week – 12
I couldn’t have imagined that the Steelers would be 4-2 at this point of the season without Ben Roethlisberger. Michael Vick and Landry Jones have been behind center for a team that could explode in the next couple of weeks when Big Ben comes back. The Steelers are a scary team folks – a scary, scary team!
10. Minnesota Vikings (3-2) Last Week – 10
The Vikings looked just OK in their Sunday win against the Chiefs. Adrian Peterson was absolutely bottled up in the game – 60 yards on 24 carries and yet the team still found a way to win! Stefon Diggs looks like the real deal catching passes from Teddy Bridgewater and the defense is still playing at a high level. The Vikings are hanging around looking to make things interesting!
11. Buffalo Bills (3-3) Last Week – 8
The Bills just can’t seem to generate any sort of consistency. Tyrod Taylor may or may not be back this week, Sammy Watkins is injured again and Mario Williams is starting to question the defense. The Bills are top 12 right now but have all the makings of as team ready to implode!
12. Seattle Seahawks (2-4) Last Week – 11
The Seahawks barely hold onto their spot in the dirty dozen – nothing on this team has been especially good. But they are still the Seahawks – capable of making a ton of noise as we head deeper into the season.
13. Philadelphia Eagles (3-3) Last Week – 15
14. New York Giants (3-3) Last Week – 13
15. Indianapolis Colts (3-3) Last Week – 14
16. New Orleans Saints (2-4) Last Week – 20
17. St. Louis Rams (2-3) Last Week – 17
18. San Diego Chargers (2-4) Last Week – 16
19. Dallas Cowboys (2-3) Last Week – 19
20. Cleveland Browns (2-4) Last Week – 18
21. Chicago Bears (2-4) Last Week – 26
22. Miami Dolphins (2-3) Last Week – 27
23. Baltimore Ravens (1-5) Last Week – 23
24. Kansas City Chiefs (1-5) Last Week – 21
25. Oakland Raiders (2-3) Last Week – 25
26. Washington Redskins (2-4) Last Week – 22
27. San Francisco 49ers (2-4) Last Week – 29
28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-3) Last Week – 28
29. Detroit Lions (1-5) Last Week – 31
30. Houston Texans (2-4) Last Week – 32
31. Tennessee Titans (1-4) Last Week – 24
32. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-5) Last Week – 30
We’ll be providing 4* free NFL predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NFL Week 2 Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has NFL Week 4 odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find NFL lines up for early games as well.