Free NCAA Hoops Pick: Blazers vs. Bulldogs CBB Odds
Looking for UAB Blazers vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs NCAA basketball free picks & CBB odds? CBB betting sees the Blazers taking on the Bulldogs on Friday February 12, 2021 at Thomas Assembly Center in Ruston, Louisiana. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all college basketball matchups all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily basketball predictions like this Blazers Bulldogs matchup.
2021 NCAA Basketball Handicapping
(16-2) UAB Blazers vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (15-6)
Date: Friday February 12, 2021
Time: 7:30 PM ET
Venue: Thomas Assembly Center in Ruston, Louisiana
CBB Moneyline Odds: OFF
CBB Betting Odds: UAB +1.5
CBB Betting Total: O/U 133
The two winningest teams in the Conference-USA square off in a marquee matchup Friday night as the Louisiana Tech Bulldogs play host to the UAB Blazers. This game will be the first of a back-to-back at Louisiana Tech that will continue Saturday. Both of these teams are in the top four in their conference.
The Blazers come into this game blazing hot with six consecutive victories. The last time the Blazers lost was a month ago to the Charlotte 49ers, which ash been their only conference loss in 10 matchups.
Louisiana Tech is the toughest test UAB will face to date in the C-USA. UAB enters this game averaging 73.7 points per game while giving up 57.8 points a night, which ranks third in the entire country.
UAB has six different players averaging 8 points per game. Andy Kennedy’s squad is led by Michael Ertel, who averages 13.2 points per game. Tavin Lovan and Jalen Benjamin combine to average 24 points per game.
7-footer Trey Jemison may be the most important player on the roster in terms of defensive impact and anchoring this squad. The junior averages 8 points and 7.5 rebounds a night while blocking 2.5 shots a night.
UAB shoots 45.9 percent from the floor and 30.8 percent from deep. They are top-five in the country in terms of fewest turnovers offensively and most turnovers forced defensively. The Blazers hold their opponents to under 30 percent from deep and 43.8 percent from two largely thanks to the rim protection from Jemison.
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs
Louisiana Tech is 8-4 in conference play and has won four of its last five games. The Bulldogs are coming off a loss against a very tough North Texas, but the Bulldogs did manage to split a back-to-back to the Mean Green.
Like the Blazers, the Bulldogs are a very fluent defensive team. The Bulldogs are 53rd in the nation in defensive efficiency while allowing opponents to just 30 percent from deep on the season.
Louisiana Tech averages 72.3 points per game while giving up 65.9 points a game. They shoot 43.9 percent from the field and 33.9 percent from downtown.
Isaiah Crawford leads the Bulldogs with 12 points per game and also averages 5 rebounds a night. Guard Amorie Archibald and freshman forward Kenneth Lofton both average around 10.5 points per night.
CBB Betting Trends:
- Blazers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 road games following three or more consecutive home games.
- Blazers are 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
- Blazers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 Friday games.
- Blazers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Blazers are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up win.
- Under is 11-4-1 in Blazers last 16 overall.
- Under is 8-3 in Blazers last 11 games following a ATS win.
- Under is 4-0 in Blazers last 4 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
- Under is 5-0 in Blazers last 5 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Under is 5-1 in Blazers last 6 road games.
- Under is 14-3 in Blazers last 17 games following a straight up win.
- Under is 9-2-1 in Blazers last 12 Friday games.
- Under is 6-1 in Bulldogs last 7 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Under is 8-2 in Bulldogs last 10 overall.
- Under is 4-1 in Bulldogs last 5 Friday games.
Free UAB Blazers vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs NCAAB Prediction:
On paper these teams are very even, but ultimately the discrepancy in both teams turnovers will tilt the advantage to the Blazers. In a game where both teams are stout defensively, every possession will be critical. UAB isn’t the best team shooting wise, but their ability to take care of the ball and force havoc on the other end should give them the edge. Take the Blazers here.
4* Free CBB Betting Pick: UAB +1.5, Under 133
If you’re looking for more College basketball picks like this UAB Blazers vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs matchup we’ll be providing 4* free college basketball predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NCAAB Hoops picks!
Register here for a FREE CBB Betting Account Now for Daily Free Picks & More Special Offers!