MLB Prediction: Orioles vs Rays
Major League Baseball betting sees the Tampa Bay Rays taking on the Baltimore Orioles on Tuesday September 1st at Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Baltimore, Maryland . Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all MLB season long so stay tuned for more FREE MLB baseball predictions.
Tampa Bay Rays (65-66) at Baltimore Orioles (63-68)
Date: Tuesday September 1st
Time: 7:05 PM
Venue: Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Baltimore, Maryland
MLB Betting Lines: Tampa Bay Rays +120, Baltimore Orioles -130
MLB Betting Total: 8
Probable Pitchers: Tampa Bay: Drew Smyly (1-2, 3.82 ERA) vs. Baltimore: Chris Tillman (9-9, 4.58 ERA strong>
This is the 2nd game of a 3-game series and yesterday the Rays sent the Orioles to their 5th straight loss winning 6-3.
These teams are out of the race for the AL East, but each is still in the hunt for an AKL Wild Card spot. Tampa Bay is 3.5 games out of the last spot while the Orioles are 5.5 games back.
The Orioles will go with Chris Tillman to help them snap their losing streak and the Rays turn to Drew Smyly.
Tampa Bay Rays
The Rays have been solid on the mound this season with a team ERA that ranks 9th in the Majors, but their issues have been at the plate where they only rank 28th in runs scored.
Drew Smyly was on the DL for 3 months with left shoulder soreness and since being activated he is 1-1 with an ERA of 5.14.
Smyly has 3 career starts against Baltimore, which all came last season and he went 1-0 with a 1.42 ERA.
Smyly will be facing an Orioles team that is reeling losers of 11 of their last 12 games.
The Rays have won 3 of 4 games against the Orioles in Baltimore this season.
The Orioles rank a solid 9th in the Majors in runs scored, but in their 5-game skid they have only combined for 10 runs and have not scored over 3 runs in any of those games.
Baltimore ranks 14th in the Majors in team ERA and Chris Tillman has not helped improve that stat in giving up a combined 7 earned runs in 12 innings in his last 2 outings.
The Orioles have lost 2 straight games and 3 of their last 4 with Tillman getting the starting nod. However, he is 3-1 with a 1.78 ERA in his last five home starts and Baltimore has won 6 of their last 7 at home with him on the hill.
The Orioles are 2-5 in Tillman’s last 7 home starts against the Rays and he’s been extremely suspect at home this season going 4-5 with an ERA of 5.60 in 12 starts inside Progressive Field.
MLB Betting Trends:
* Rays are 4-1 in their last 5 road games.
* Rays are 8-3 in their last 11 vs. a team with a losing record.
* Rays have an Over record of 7-2 in their last 9 games.
* Orioles are 1-11 in their last 12 overall.
* Orioles are 0-5 in their last 5 home games.
4* MLB Betting Prediction: Cleveland ML
The Orioles are reeling, but I think Tillman will have a good outing tonight.
MLB Baseball Score Prediction: Baltimore 7- Tampa Bay 4
The Orioles’ bats will wake up tonight facing Smyly and they will get the W and snap their losing streak.
We’ll be providing 4* free MLB plays on the blog all season long, and check out our EXPERTS for guaranteed premium MLB Baseball plays!
Check out our Updated MLB Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Tampa Bay Rays vs. Houston Astros – 10/10/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- New York Yankees vs. Houston Astros – 10/13/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Washington Nationals vs. St. Louis Cardinals – 10/12/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- New York Yankees vs. Houston Astros – 10/12/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Washington Nationals vs. St. Louis Cardinals – 10/11/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- St. Louis Cardinals vs. Atlanta Braves – 10/9/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction