Free MLB Pick: Cardinals vs Reds Odds
Looking for St Louis Cardinals vs. Cincinnati Reds free mlb predictions? MLB betting sees the Cardinals taking on the Reds on Sunday, August 18, 2019 at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati Ohio. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all MLB baseball matchups all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily MLB predictions like this Cardinals Reds free pick.
2019 MLB Season
(64-56) St Louis Cardinals vs. Cincinnati Reds (57-64)
Date: Sunday, August 18, 2019
Time: 1:10 PM ET
Venue: Great American Ball Park, Cincinnati Ohio
Projected Pitchers: Jack Flaherty vs. Alex Wood
MLB Moneyline Odds: Cardinals -160/ Reds +140
MLB RunLine Betting Odds: Cardsinals -1.5 -105/ Reds +1.5 -115
MLB Baseball Gambling Total: 9
Live MLB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
St Louis Cardinals
The Cardinals will be looking to dash their division rivals chances at the postseason and increase on their 1 game lead over the Cubs in the NL Central. The Cardinals have been in great form as of late going 6-1 in their last 7 and winning series over the Royals and Pirates.
Going to the mound for the Cards in this one is Jack Flaherty (6-6, 3.52 ERA) who is having a productive season this year. Flaherty has been awesome in recent times going 7 innings against the Royals last time out without conceding a run. In that game he also extended his scoreless innings pitched streak to 23. The Cards righty, on the other hand, has not had great success against the Reds in his career giving up a .286 average, a .351 OPS and allowing 3 home runs in the 70 batters he has faced.
The Reds know they will need to turn around some poor recent form (4-6, last 10) and have a solid series here, at home, against division rival St Louis. Although the Reds chances of postseason ball is not high, they are still in striking distance sitting 6.5 games back of a Wild Card spot and we certainly have seen crazier things happen before.
Looking to defend home turf in this pivotal matchup the Reds will send Alex Wood (1-1, 5.59 ERA) to the hill. Wood is coming off a decent performance in which he went 5 innings and allowed 3 runs to the Nationals in a losing effort on Tuesday. Wood will, however, need to turn his career stats against the Cardinals around as he has faced 79 Cards batters and allowed a .304 average and 5 home runs.
MLB Baseball Betting Trends:
- STL are 14-3 in their last 17 games as a favorite.
- Over is 9-3-1 in CIN last 13 overall.
- Over is 9-3-1 in CIN last 13 on grass.
- Over is 6-2-1 in CIN last 9 Sun. games.
Free St Louis Cardinals vs. Cincinnati Reds MLB Prediction:
I can see both of these guys getting roughed up in this spot, but especially Alex Wood who has a mid 5’s ERA. If either of these guys has a short outing I think we could see this total of 9 get crushed.
4* Free MLB Betting Pick: OVER the Number
Take advantage of what looks to be a pretty soft number here and bet the over 9 runs and cash in this Sunday.
MLB Free Score Prediction: Cardinals 9 – Reds 5
If you’re looking for more MLB picks like this St Louis Cardinals vs. Cincinnati Reds matchup we’ll be providing 4* free MLB plays on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free MLB Baseball picks!
Check out our Updated MLB Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. St. Louis Cardinals – 9/15/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. St. Louis Cardinals – 9/14/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Milwaukee Brewers vs. St. Louis Cardinals – 9/13/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Cincinnati Reds vs. Arizona Diamondbacks – 9/15/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Cincinnati Reds vs. Arizona Diamondbacks – 9/14/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction
- Oakland Athletics vs. Texas Rangers – 9/15/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Atlanta Braves vs. Washington Nationals – 9/15/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Baltimore Orioles vs. Detroit Tigers – 9/15/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction