Free MLB Pick: Tigers vs. Astros Odds
Looking for Detroit Tigers vs. Houston Astros free mlb predictions? MLB betting sees the Tigers taking on the Astros on Tuesday, August 20, 2019 at Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all MLB baseball matchups all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily MLB predictions like this Tigers Astros free pick.
2019 MLB Season
(44-80) Detroit Tigers vs. Houston Astros (39-85)
Date: Tuesday, August 20, 2019
Time: 8:10 PM ET
Venue: Minute Maid Park in Houston, Texas
Projected Pitchers: Spencer Turnbull vs. Aaron Sanchez
MLB Moneyline Odds: Tigers +250 | Astros -300
MLB RunLine Betting Odds: Off
MLB Baseball Gambling Total: 9.5
Live MLB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
The Tigers are eager to finish the regular season. The record on the road is 20-41 so far. The last two games were defeats against the Rays.
3-7 in the last ten games on the road. But two of those victories were a winning series on the road against the Angels.
The Tigers could never do anything to recover in the regular season.
Spencer Turnbull is one of the worst pitchers this season. 3-11 in 22 games as starter. 3.75 ERA, 112.2 pitched innings, 106 strike outs. Most of those defeats are due to the poor defense of the Tigers.
The Astros are very close to the playoffs. 79-46 in the West division of the American League. But the Twins are very close with 76-48. It is important that the Astros win 3-5 more games to close the season.
Six games without losing at home so far. Recently the Astros swept the Rockies, Mariners and won the series against the Athletics.
The Astros have not lost a series at home since June against the Pirates. At home the Astros are scoring an average of 5.53 runs per game, 3.74 walks, 1.67 home runs and 9.40 hits.
The home defense allows only 3.83 runs per game.
Aaron Sanchez until recently played with the Blue Jays. But now with the Astros his record is positive with 2-0 in three games as a starter. 3.86 ERA, 16.1 pitched innings and 15 strike outs.
MLB Baseball Betting Trends:
- Tigers are 17-35 in their last 52 Tuesday games.
- Tigers are 0-4 in Turnbulls last 4 road starts.
- Tigers are 22-60 in their last 82 road games vs. a right-handed starter.
- Astros are 40-16 in their last 56 home games vs. a right-handed starter.
- Astros are 1-5 in their last 6 overall.
- Astros are 0-4 in their last 4 games vs. a right-handed starter.
Detroit Tigers vs. Houston Astros MLB Prediction:
This series should not worry the Astros. At home the record is 43-15. The first series against the Tigers was on the road. The Astros won 3-0. Since July 2018, the Astros have not lost against the Tigers. 8-1 since 2018 against the Tigers.
4* Free MLB Betting Pick: Astros RL
There is still a danger to the Astros and those are the Twins. It is not mathematically impossible to be displaced by the Twins, but it will be difficult for Minnesota to succeed. It’s all about the Astros winning more games.
MLB Free Score Prediction: Detroit Tigers 0 – Houston Astros 7
If you’re looking for more MLB picks like this Detroit Tigers vs. Houston Astros matchup we’ll be providing 4* free MLB plays on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free MLB Baseball picks!
Check out our Updated MLB Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros – 9/18/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction
- Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros – 9/17/2019 Free Pick & MLB Gambling Prediction
- Detroit Tigers vs. Cleveland Indians – 9/18/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Seattle Mariners vs. Pittsburgh Pirates – 9/19/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Atlanta Braves – 9/19/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Cincinnati Reds vs. Chicago Cubs – 9/18/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Philadelphia Phillies vs. Atlanta Braves – 9/18/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction
- Miami Marlins vs. Arizona Diamondbacks – 9/17/2019 Free Pick & MLB Betting Prediction