Online Casino Advice Guide From Cappers Picks
Baccarat is a sophisticated game originating in Europe. Players can wager on the player, the banker, or a tie, while trying to obtain a total card value closest to nine. Two hands of two cards are dealt, one representing the player’s hand and one representing the banker’s hand. Depending on the value of the hands, a third card may be drawn for each hand. The winning hand is the one with a card total closest to nine.
In Baccarat, cards are dealt to two hands, named Player and Banker. The object of the game is to correctly pick which hand will have the higher score, with the highest score in Baccarat being 9 and the lowest being 1. You can also place a bet on Tie, which pays 9 to 1.
- Most online Baccarat is played with six decks; and cards are reshuffled after each hand.
- You can choose whether you want to bet on the Dealer, Player, Tie or any combination of the three.
- The Player always goes first.
- The Player hand draws another card if its total is 0-5, otherwise it does not draw another card. Play now proceeds to the banker.
- If the Banker hand totals 7, 8 or 9, the Banker does not get another card.
- If the Banker’s first two cards total 0, 1 or 2, then the Banker draws one card, otherwise, the Banker draws cards according to this table:
- The suits of the cards have no meaning in the game.
- Cards 2 through 9 count as face value.
- 10, Jack, Queen, and King count as 0.
- Ace counts as 1.
- To calculate the score for the hand, add the values of each card and drop the ten’s digit.
A hand with a seven of hearts and a seven of spades scores as follows:7 + 7 = 14 – the ten’s digit = 4 A hand with 3 sevens has a score of 1:7 + 7 + 7 = 21 – the ten’s digit = 1
The Player can win if:
- The hand wagered on has the higher total.
- If the Player bets on a Tie, and the banker and the Player totals are equal.
- If you bet on Player and win, you win even money. A $5 wager pays back your $5, plus an additional $5.
- If you bet on Banker and win, you win even money minus a 5% commission*. A $5 wager pays back your $5, plus an additional $4.75.
- If you bet on Tie and win, you win 9 times your wager. A $5 wager pays back your $5, plus an additional $45.
- *Note: The commission is 5% of the bet and is rounded up to the next quarter. For example, a minimum bet of $6 would be a commission of 50 cents. (5% of $6 = 30 cents, but since the commission is rounded up to the next 25 cents; the commission is actually 50 cents. 5% of $11 = 55 cents, which makes the actual commission 75 cents.)
The Player loses if:
- The hand wagered on is not the highest hand.
- The Player wagers on a Tie and the banker hand and the Players hand are not equal.
- If the Player wagers on the Banker or Player and the result is a Tie, the wager is a push.
- If there is a tie wager as art of a combination bet; for example, a tie wager plus a player hand wager, and the outcome is a tie, then the player hand wager becomes a push and the payout results from the tie wager alone.