Superbowl Trends That Matter
You’ve come to the right spot if you’re surfing for Handicapping 2018 Super Bowl LII Gambling Trends! The Big Game is just a few days away and bettors are rushing to the ticket window to put their money down on the grandest spectacle of the year.
Philadelphia Eagles vs. New England Patriots
Date: Sunday February 4
Time: 6:30 PM
Venue: US Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Super Bowl 52 ATS Betting Lines: New England Patriots -4.5
Super Bowl 52 Moneyline Odds: Patriots -175, Eagles +155
Super Bowl 52 Betting Over / Under (Total): 48.5
Live NFL Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
The Patriots have established themselves as the clear favorites in this matchup, but many bettors are putting big dollars down on the Eagles money line in an effort to cap the football season with a big payday on this underdog Philly team.
Super Bowl LII Gambling Trends
ATS Trends – Eagles
- Eagles are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 vs. opponents with a winning record
- Eagles are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games overall
- Eagles are 6-2 ATS in their last eight games after allowing fewer than 15 points in their previous game.
The Eagles defense will be what would win this game for this team, and they have a tendency to follow up strong performances, going 7-2 ATS in their last nine games after allowing fewer than 90 yards rushing in their previous outing.
And the step up to the Patriots won’t intimidate them, as they’re 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games against opponents with a winning record.
Patriots Super Bowl LII Gambling Trends
ATS Trends – Patriots
- Patriots are 6-1 ATS in their last seven games on field turf.
- Patriots are 16-5 ATS in their last 21 games against opponents with a winning record.
- Patriots are 36-16-2 in their last 54 games overall.
With all the winning the Patriots do, you’d think the oddsmakers would have to set unfavorable numbers to persuade bettors to back the opposing side, but the Patriots still manage to crush those lines, with 36 covers in their last 54 outings.
And they make the step up in class well, going 16-5 against the number in their last 21 games against opponents with a winning record.
Eagles Super Bowl LII Gambling Trends
O/U Trends – Eagles
- The Over is 10-3 in the Eagles’ last 13 games on field turf.
- The Under is 10-4-1 in the Eagles’ last 15 playoff games.
- The Under is 5-2 in the Eagles’ last seven games following a win.
The Philadelphia defense is the key to this game for the team, and while the Super Bowl total may be inflated because of the all the public money on that wager, there’d be reason to like the under in this matchup even at a lower number.
The team has a tendency to play below the number come playoff time.
Patriots Super Bowl LII Gambling Trends
O/U Trends – Patriots
- The Over is 8-2 in the Patriots’ last 10 playoff games.
- The Under is 10-4 in the Patriots’ last 14 games overall.
- The Under is 6-2 in the Patriots’ last eight games against teams with a winning record.
While the Eagles tend to play to the under in the playoffs, the Patriots go the other way, with over tickets cashing in eight of their last 10 playoff games.
But in more recent history, the team has had trouble reaching the lofty totals tied to its games, with under tickets cashing in 10 of 14 overall.
After reviewing these Super Bowl LII Gambling Trends there just isn’t enough to make a strong case based on past history between these two teams that don’t face one another very often.
The two strongest trends though would have to be the Patriots’ dominance against the number over their past 54 games overall, and the teams’ combined tendency to play to the under.
If you’re looking for more NFL picks like this Philadelphia Eagles vs. New England Patriots matchup we’ll be providing 4* free NFL predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NFL Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has NFL odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find 2016 NFL lines up for early games as well.