Free NBA Pick: Knicks vs Celtics Odds
Looking for New York Knicks vs. Boston Celtics free NBA picks & NBA odds? NBA betting sees the Knicks taking on the Celtics on Thursday, December 6, 2018 at TD Garden, Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all NBA basketball matchups so stay tuned for more FREE daily NBA hoops predictions like this Knicks Celtics matchup.
(8-17) New York Knicks vs. Boston Celtics (13-10)
Date: Thursday, December 6
Time: 8:00PM EST
TD Garden, Boston, Massachusetts
NBA Moneyline Odds: OFF
NBA Betting Odds: Celtics -12.5
NBA Betting Total: 217.5
Live NBA Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
Thursday, December 6 finds the New York Knicks meeting up vs. the Boston Celtics in their third meeting of the 2018-19 regular season. In Knicks last played Monday in a close loss to the Wizards while the Celtics played Saturday defeating the Timberwolves.
Last season, the Celtics took the season series winning three of four matches. This year the teams have met twice and each has won a game. The Celtics hold the all-time record having bested the Knicks in 291 of their 473 matches.
New York Knicks
Despite the inevitability of the Knicks heading to the lottery they aren’t throwing games away. In their last seven matches the Knicks have amassed wins versus the Bucks, Grizzlies, Pelicans and Celtics.
Those victories suggest New York could be among the contenders, but it’s a bit of fools gold. Rather new Head Coach David Fizdale is trying to teach his youngsters the value of winning and competing.
That and the fact the Mecca is hoping to lure a top free agent this summer. With wins like these and star Kristaps Porzingis returning it may increase their chances to land a major star.
In the interim the Knicks are ranked 12th in the east with the 22nd ranked offense and tied with the Pelicans with the 26th ranked defense.
Trey Burke (mild right MCL sprain) and will not play Thursday against the Celtics. Lance Thomas (arthroscopic surgery, left knee) is out indefinitely. And, Porzingis (ACL) remains on a return date of sometime in February.
With wins in four of their last five games it appears at first glance like the Celtics have recovered from their early season malaise. This improvement seemingly also coincides with Gordon Hayward’s move to the bench and the absence of Jaylen Brown in the last three games.
Perhaps, this is because suddenly there are enough shots to go around for all the talent and perhaps more importantly Brad Stevens can mix his best offensive and defensive talents together.
Diving a little deeper into the schedule Boston is in the middle of an 11 game stretch with only one seeded team (Dallas -8th). Boston ranks second defensively and 20th offensively. But during this stretch the Celtics rank fifth offensively and slip to sixth defensively.
Surely Hayward’s bench role is a short term solution so how Boston plays once they face elite competition will be telling.
Brown (lower back) has missed the last three games but expected back Thursday.
NBA Betting Trends:
- Over is 6-2 in the Knicks last 8 road games.
- Celtics are 20-6 ATS in their last 26 home games.
- Knicks are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games overall.
- Celtics are 7-3 in last 10 head to head meetings.
- Celtics are 6-4 ATS in their last 10 head to head contests.
- Over-Under is 4-6 in team’s last 10 head to head matchups
Free New York Knicks vs. Boston Celtics NBA Prediction:
With the loss to the Knicks on November 21, the Celtics will have revenge on their minds.
4* Free NBA Betting Pick: Celtics get their revenge. Knicks cover the 12.5.
NBA Free Score Prediction: Celtics 117 – Knicks 109
If you’re looking for more NBA picks like this New York Knicks vs. Boston Celtics matchup we’ll be providing 4* free NBA predictions on the blog during the entire 2018/19 NBA season, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NBA predictions!
CappersPicks.com has NBA Odds up on a ton of championship futures, and you will also find DAILY NBA lines up as well.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- New Orleans Pelicans vs. Toronto Raptors – 10/22/19 Free Pick & NBA Betting Prediction
- Atlanta Hawks vs. Detroit Pistons – 10/24/2019 Free Pick & NBA Betting Prediction
- Milwaukee Bucks vs. Houston Rockets – 10/24/2019 Free Pick & NBA Betting Prediction
- Detroit Pistons vs. Indiana Pacers – 10/23/2019 Free Pick & NBA Betting Prediction
- Sacramento Kings vs. Phoenix Suns – 10/23/2019 Free Pick & NBA Betting Prediction
- Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Orlando Magic – 10/23/2019 Free Pick & NBA Betting Prediction
- Washington Wizards vs. Dallas Mavericks – 10/23/2019 Free Pick & NBA Betting Prediction
- Chicago Bulls vs. Charlotte Hornets – 10/23/2019 Free Pick & NBA Betting Prediction