Where Each Team Stands Heading Into Week 4
Week 3 of the NFL season is in the books. Teams are already starting to separate themselves from the pack. Some are doing it in spectacular fashion (Patriots Packers and Bengals) and others are getting it done in rather pedestrian fashion (Broncos).
There are still some winless teams out there as well – they obviously won’t be in the dirty dozen although it is still early in the season.
NFL Spreads & Matchup Insight
So where does your favorite team sit heading into Week 4?
Let’s take a look.
1. New England Patriots (3-0) Last Week – 1
Not much question here – the Pats head into their bye as scary a team as there is in the NFL. They also have a major chip on their shoulders as demonstrated by their absolute pummelling of the Jags in Week 3. New England scored on EVERY single possession – insane. They are averaging 40 points per game so far and are your early faves to win it all again this year!
2. Green Bay Packers (3-0) Last Week – 2
Make the Packers 1B rather than #2. They continue to look absolutely unstoppable on offense and totally untouchable at home. Aaron Rodgers is simply on a different level right now – his health looks like the only thing that could potentially slow this team down.
3. Cincinnati Bengals (3-0) Last Week – 3
The Bengals suddenly have control of the AFC North – no other team in the division has two wins! Cincinnati showed that they are never out of a game, winning in uber-thrilling fashion on Sunday. Andy Dalton has taken care of the ball (just 1 INT so far) and AJ Green finally woke up. The Bengals are a well-rounded team and, as always, are a threat in the Regular Season. We’ll see how they fare in the postseason.
4. Arizona Cardinals (3-0) Last Week – 4
The Cards look like one of the two best teams in the NFL after three weeks – undefeated and a terror on both sides of the ball. The defense scored twice on Sunday, Larry Fitzgerald has two more TDs. and Carson Palmer looks 10 years younger. Arizona is as advertised – as complete a team as there is in the game.
5. Denver Broncos (3-0) Last Week – 5
It ain’t spectacular but the Broncos are winning – against some tough teams! Peyton Manning looked much more comfortable operating out of the pistol – Denver may have found something that works for their Hall-of-Fame QB. Their defense has also been very good. Now if the running game would get going Denver would be a scary team going forward!
6. Seattle Seahawks (1-2) Last Week – 9
Ya Ya, I know they have just one win but the Seahawks are still an absolutely elite squad. Kam Chancellor is back to solidify the defense (they allowed just 146 total yards in a shutout against the Bears), the special teams are exceeding expectations and the Hawks finally started using Jimmy Graham correctly.
I expect Seattle to keep the roll going and to creep into the top 5 before too long!
7. Buffalo Bills (2-1) Last Week – 10
How good does Tyrod Taylor look on Sunday? He threw 3 TD passes and wasn’t intercepted against a decent Miami defense. The Bills look like they may have a decent offense to go along with their terrific defense. They hold strong in the top 10 this week and deservedly so.
8. Atlanta Falcons (3-0) Last Week – 14
It’s pretty hard to deny the Falcons their due. 3-0 on the season with the wins coming against the Eagles, the Giants and the Cowboys. As long as Julio Jones remains healthy (another 12 catches for 164 yards Sunday), Matt Ryan continues to be strong and the running game continues to exceed all expectations this team will be competitive.
9. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-1) Last Week – 8
The Steelers are 2-1 but their stay in the top 10 on the Power Rankings is about to take a hit. They did get Le’Veon Bell back from suspension and he looked good but the loss of Ben Roethlisberger will hurt. Did you see Michael Vick on Sunday? Terrible.
10. Carolina Panthers (3-0) Last Week – 13
The Panthers may be 3-0 but their wins have come against some unflattering teams – the Jags, the Texans and the Brees-less Saints. But 3-0 is 3-0. Cam Newton has looked solid and the defense is good – just wish the running game would pick up.
11. Minnesota Vikings (2-1) Last Week – 12
Whew! The Vikings look like a different team with Adrian Peterson clicking on all cylinders. All the Vikings have to do is hand the ball off and something good is bound to happen.
Teddy Bridgewater hasn’t been great – he now has to adjust to the presence of an elite talent behind him. My guess is that Bridgewater figures it out and the Vikes do some good things this year.
12. Kansas City Chiefs (1-2) Last Week – 7
The KC Chiefs actually did some good things on Monday night despite being ripped apart by Aaron Rodgers. They played a good second half and made the game respectable and they did manage to get a little pressure on Rodgers.
There’s no shame in losing to Green Bay right now – hence their spot in the dirty dozen this week.
13. Dallas Cowboys (2-1) Last Week – 6
14. Indianapolis Colts (1-2) Last Week – 19
15. New York Jets (2-1) Last Week – 11
16. San Diego Chargers (1-2) Last Week – 15
17. St. Louis Rams (1-2) Last Week – 17
18. Philadelphia Eagles (1-2) Last Week – 18
19. Oakland Raiders (2-1) Last Week – 24
20. New York Giants (1-2) Last Week – 20
21. Miami Dolphins (1-2) Last Week – 16
22. Cleveland Browns (1-2) Last Week – 21
23. Baltimore Ravens (0-3) Last Week – 22
24. Tennessee Titans (1-2) Last Week – 27
25. Detroit Lions (0-3) Last Week – 25
26. New Orleans Saints (0-3) Last Week – 26
27. Houston Texans (1-2) Last Week – 31
28. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-2) Last Week – 28
29. Washington Redskins (1-2) Last Week – 23
30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-2) Last Week – 30
31. Chicago Bears (0-3) Last Week – 32
32. San Francisco 49ers (1-2) Last Week – 29
We’ll be providing 4* free NFL predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NFL Week 2 Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has NFL Week 4 odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find NFL lines up for early games as well.