WHERE EACH TEAM STANDS HEADING INTO WEEK 11
Week 10 of the NFL season is in the books and what a crazy one it was – insane finishes, unforeseen blowouts and the apparent demise of one of the best to ever play the game characterized one of the more divisive set of games that I can remember. What has happened to the Packers, the Bengals and Broncos? What higher power is allowing the Patriots to stay unbeaten? Just how good are the Minnesota Vikings?
NFL Spreads & Matchup Insight
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
Where does your favorite team sit heading into Week 9? Let’s take a look.
1. New England Patriots (9-0) Last Week – 1
It took a tremendous comeback and a last second field gaol against the Giants but the Patriots are still undefeated and the #1 team in the Rankings. The loss of Julian Edelman to a broken ankle hurts for sure but if there is any team equipped to handle the adversity it’s New England.
The Pats seem to have some divine intervention working for them – like they needed any help!
2. Carolina Panthers (9-0) Last Week – 3
The Panthers keep on winning – in Week 10 they handled the Tennessee Titans with relative ease. The defense remains uber-strong and Cam Newton continues to play at an MVP calibre. Cam has six rushing TDs on the year so far and is making a sketchy receiving corp. look good. Carolina looks like the most well-rounded team in the league right now and are an easy top 3 squad in the Rankings.
3. Cincinnati Bengals (8-0) Last Week 2
YUK. The Bungles return to 10 years ago form. That’s all I got!
4. Arizona Cardinals (7-2) Last Week – 6
How good did the Cardinals look on Sunday night? Not only did they go to Seattle and win in one of the most difficult buildings in the league but they did it with style – putting up 39 points on one of the most daunting defenses in the game. If not for a couple of fourth quarter strip-sack defensive TDs this game wouldn’t have been close. Carson Palmer has been remarkable making the Cards a mighty scary team going forward!
5. Minnesota Vikings (7-2) Last Week – 7
The Vikings now sit in first place in the NFC North! And deservedly so. Minnesota cooled off a red-hot Oakland offense in Week 10 and walkout out of Oakland with an impressive win. Adrian Peterson rolled up over 200 yards rushing and the defense was sensational against Derek Carr and company. Next up is Green Bay – should be interesting!
6. Pittsburgh Steelers (6-4) Last Week – 13
The biggest riser this week is the Steelers and rightfully so! Ben Roethlisberger made a surprise relief appearance this week and torched the Browns. With Big Ben at the helm Pittsburgh looked totally unstoppable! 379 yards on Sunday has Ben and his team looking like a contender for sure!
7. Green Bay Packers (6-3) Last Week – 5
The Packers have lost three straight games and have looked bad in doing so. It seems that this team doesn’t wake up until the fourth quarter! The offensive line is bad, the running game is non-existent and the defense was exposed just a bit in a loss to the lowly Lions on Sunday. The once-considered MVP of the season Aaron Rodgers looks ordinary – not a good sign for the Packers going forward!
8. Denver Broncos (7-2) Last Week – 4
Ugh! The Denver Broncos were absolutely humiliated on Sunday – Peyton Manning was benched after going 5-for-20 with four interceptions. The vaunted defense was also torched against a weak Kansas City offense. It’s true that Peyton is banged up but there seems to be deeper issues for this team right now!
9. Buffalo Bills (5-4) Last Week – 10
The Bills won ugly on Thursday night but they still won against a pretty good Jets team. Rex Ryan has his team playing some inspired ball right now – a playoff spot is certainly within reach!
10. New York Giants (5-5) Last Week – 11
The Giants definitely deserved a better fate than a loss on Sunday against the Patriots! The G-Men had the game in their hands on a few occasions but just couldn’t deliver the dagger! Still, this team played the undefeated Patriots better than any team so far this year – only a 54 yard last second field goal kept them from a huge bump in the Rankings.
11. Seattle Seahawks (4-5) Last Week – 8
I’m not willing to give up on the Hawks just yet – they went toe-to-toe with the Cardinals on Sunday night but couldn’t hold Carson Palmer down. Truth be told I’m not sure anyone would have denied the Cards the win Sunday! There’s reason for concern in Seattle for sure – not enough to keep them out of the dirty dozen however.
12. New York Jets (4-5) Last Week – 9
The Jets hold onto a top 12 spot mostly because the teams around them failed to impress. Although they have lost three of their last four games including Thursday at home against Buffalo New York is still in the thick of the playoff hunt – their defense alone keeps them top 12 this week.
13. Indianapolis Colts (4-5) Last Week – 12
14. Atlanta Falcons (6-3) Last Week – 14
15. Washington Redskins (4-5) Last Week – 23
16. Chicago Bears (4-5) Last Week – 24
17. Philadelphia Eagles (4-5) Last Week – 15
18. Kansas City Chiefs (4-5) Last Week – 19
19. Miami Dolphins (4-5) Last Week – 20
20. New Orleans Saints (4-6) Last Week – 16
21. St. Louis Rams (4-5) Last Week – 17
22. Oakland Raiders (4-5) Last Week – 18
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-5) Last Week – 25
24. Dallas Cowboys (2-7) Last Week – 21
25. Baltimore Ravens (2-7) Last Week – 22
26. Detroit Lions (2-7) Last Week – 32
27. Tennessee Titans (2-7) Last Week – 27
28. San Diego Chargers (2-7) Last Week – 28
29. Houston Texans (3-5) Last Week – 29
30. San Francisco 49ers (3-6) Last Week – 30
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-6) Last Week – 31
32. Cleveland Browns (2-8) Last Week – 26
We’ll be providing 4* free NFL predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NFL Week 10 Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has NFL Week 10 odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find NFL lines up for early games as well.