WHERE EACH TEAM STANDS HEADING INTO WEEK 10
Week 9 of the NFL season is in the books – what a week it was! There are still three undefeated teams – the Broncos were the latest to fall out of the ranks. The top 2 remains the same this week but there has been some shakeup after that. How about the Panthers? How about the Vikings?
NFL Spreads & Matchup Insight
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
Where does your favorite team sit heading into Week 9?
Let’s take a look.
1. New England Patriots (8-0) Last Week – 1
The Patriots remained undefeated thanks to the running game on Sunday.
Yup – the Patriots can beat you anywhere, anytime and with any aspect of their game! They have now won four straight games by at least two TDs – as dominant a teams as I’ve seen in years.
The Pats are the best team in the NFL by far and an obvious #1 … Again!
2. Cincinnati Bengals (8-0) Last Week 2
The Bengals passed the “Prime Time Test” this week and beat up on the Browns to remain undefeated. Andy Dalton continues to impress and Tyler Eifert continues to look like the second coming of Rob Gronkowski.
Everything is rolling for Cincinnati right now – no reason to knock them out of the #2 spot.
3. Carolina Panthers (8-0) Last Week – 4
If there is one thing that the Panthers have proven – it is the fact that they can and will beat you in a number of different ways. On Sunday against the Packers it was a shootout – the week before it was a defensive showdown.
Carolina is proving to be one of the most complete teams in the game right now – easily the best team in the NFC at the half-way point.
4. Denver Broncos (7-1) Last Week – 3
The Broncos beat the Packers last week but were unable to coral a struggling Colts team this week – hmmm. For the first time all season Denver’s defense let them down and Peyton’s mistakes finally cost them a game.
I guess it was bound to happen! For now, Denver is a top 5 team but for how long? I don’t know.
5. Green Bay Packers (6-2) Last Week – 5
I am still willing to keep the Pack in the top 5 despite two straight losses. Both losses have come on the road against undefeated teams – no shame. The offensive line is a bit of a concern, the defense has been exposed and Eddie Lacy has all but disappeared. Should Packers fans be worried? Maybe a bit!
6. Arizona Cardinals (6-2) Last Week – 6
The Cardinals sit two games up in the NFC West and got a much needed rest this past weekend. They have been impressive at times so far this season – not so much at others.
That said they are still one of the two or three best teams in the NFC – deserving of a top 6 spot.
7. Minnesota Vikings (6-2) Last Week – 7
Don’t look now but the Vikings are suddenly tied with the Packers in the division. This week they took on a solid Rams team and beat them at their own game. Adrian Peterson looked more like himself and the defense looks a lot more like a top tier squad.
I said it in Week 2 – Minnesota is this year’s surprise!
8. Seattle Seahawks (4-4) Last Week – 9
The Seahawks have been disappointing – true but two straight wins and a much needed bye last week has them where they should be – firmly in the top 10. We haven’t seen the best of Seattle yet but things are definitely starting to come around.
The defense should carry this team into the playoffs again – let’s hope the offense can shake their slump and finally live up to expectations.
9. New York Jets (4-4) Last Week – 11
The Jets were just OK against the Jags but leap back into the top 10 – barely. Chris Ivory and the running game struggled again Sunday – not a good sign for this club and the defense wasn’t as dominant as most would have expected against the lowly Jags.
A showdown with Buffalo on Thursday night will be an interesting one indeed!
10. Buffalo Bills (4-4) Last Week – 14
What a difference a healthy Sammy Watkins and Tyrod Taylor makes for this team! Both men were instrumental in powering the Bills past the Fins on Sunday.
With LeSean McCoy anchoring a strong running game the Bills suddenly look like the contender we all fancied them before the season started. Thursday night’s game against the Jets is huge – should be a good one!
11. New York Giants (5-4) Last Week – 13
The G-Men creep back into the dirty dozen off a win over the improving Tampa Bay Bucs.
There are no style points for the way they got it done but a “W” is a “W”. They control their destiny in the NFC East and are top 12 – FOR NOW!
12. Indianapolis Colts (4-5) Last Week – 18
The Colts are back folks! The knocked off one of the four undefeated teams – Andrew Luck was effective and error-free and the defense did just enough to secure the win.
Indianapolis is better than they have been playing and proved it finally!
13. Pittsburgh Steelers (5-4) Last Week – 15
14. Atlanta Falcons (6-3) Last Week – 8
15. Philadelphia Eagles (4-4) Last Week – 17
16. New Orleans Saints (4-5) Last Week – 10
17. St. Louis Rams (4-4) Last Week – 12
18. Oakland Raiders (4-4) Last Week – 16
19. Kansas City Chiefs (3-5) Last Week – 19
20. Miami Dolphins (3-5) Last Week – 20
21. Dallas Cowboys (2-6) Last Week – 21
22. Baltimore Ravens (2-6) Last Week – 22
23. Washington Redskins (3-5) Last Week – 23
24. Chicago Bears (3-5) Last Week – 25
25. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-5) Last Week – 24
26. Cleveland Browns (2-7) Last Week – 26
27. Tennessee Titans (2-6) Last Week – 30
28. San Diego Chargers (2-7) Last Week – 28
29. Houston Texans (3-5) Last Week – 29
30. San Francisco 49ers (3-6) Last Week – 31
31. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-6) Last Week – 27
32. Detroit Lions (1-7) Last Week – 32
We’ll be providing 4* free NFL predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NFL Week 10 Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has NFL Week 10 odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find NFL lines up for early games as well.