Soccer Betting Guide June 2008, 2008
By: Soccer Handicapping Staff
Check in with CappersPicks.com Best Soccer Sportsbook Review daily for exclusive Online soccer betting bonuses + specials, and gambling promotions. Plus get all the Info on upcoming World Cup, Olympic Soccer, Euro Soccer, and Champions League matchups, which will allow you to bet on all the games during the season plus World Cup Betting, in our approved secure and safe online soccer betting websites.
Soccer Betting Guide – Keys To Learning The Game
Soccer Gambling Online – Rules/Knowledge Base
1. If the wagering offer on a match includes the draw as a third option and the match ends in a draw, wagers on the draw will be paid, while wagers on both teams will be lost.
2. Soccer kickoff dates and times displayed on our sponsor websites are an indication only and are not guaranteed to be correct. If it is unclear as to whether bets should stand or be refunded because of a postponement, Most soccer sportsbooks will follow the consensus rulings of bookmakers in Asia and in Europe.
3. Unless otherwise specified, wagers on the outcome of a match will be decided on regulation time only. This includes two halves of play and any time the referee adds on to compensate for injuries and other stoppages. It does not include periods of extra time nor penalty shootouts.
4. If a match is suspended before full time is reached, and not completed the same day, wagers on the outcome of the match are considered void and all stakes shall be returned. Wagers on propositions that have not been decided shall also be voided and stakes returned. Wagers on propositions that have been decided (examples include, but are not limited to: first goalscorer, if a goal has been scored; first half wagering, if the first half is complete; first card, if a player has been sent off or booked) will be settled and paid.
5. Handicap Betting: Soccer games may have either a Single Handicap or a Double Handicap.
Single Handicap: This bet type is similar to a bet on the spread in basketball.
For example: Arsenal -1, -125
Newcastle +1, +113
If Arsenal wins the match by two goals or more, Arsenal bettors win and Newcastle bettors lose. If the match is drawn or if Newcastle wins, Newcastle bettors win and Arsenal bettors lose. If Arsenal wins by exactly one goal, all bettors receive a refund.
Double Handicap: This bet type splits a wager into two bets, each with the same moneyline, but at a different single handicap.
For example: Real Madrid -1 and -1.5, -108
Barcelona +1 and +1.5, +100
A client who bets $100 on Real Madrid actually has two separate bets on Real Madrid: $50 on Real Madrid -1 at -108 and $50 on Real Madrid -1.5 at -108.
A client who bets $50 on Barcelona actually has two separate bets on Barcelona: $25 on Barcelona +1 at +100 and $25 on Barcelona +1.5 at +100.
6. Overs/Unders: A match must reach full time for wagers on the total number of goals scored in the match to be valid.
7. Should there be a dispute over a proposition (examples include, but are not limited to: name of the first goalscorer; time of a goal) wagers will be settled and paid based on the reports of the sporting media.
8. Accumulators (Parlays, Multis): We accept accumulators on the day of the match only. Clients may win a limited amount on accumulators that share a common selection (team or draw). Should the sum total of the winning accumulators return more than the limit allowed, the client will receive only the prescribed maximum. These limits do not include the amount staked.
The maximum accumulator (parlay) win for matches in the English Premier League, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga I, Spanish Primera Liga, European Champions’ League (group stages forward), UEFA Cup (third round forward), World Cup final tournament or European Championship final tournament is $50,000.
The maximum accumulator (parlay) win for any other match is $10,000.
9. Wagers on the first half of a soccer match include 45 minutes of play plus any stoppage time added by the referee at the end of the first half. If the first half is not completed, wagers shall be void and stakes returned.
Wagers on the second half of a soccer match include 45 minutes of play plus any stoppage time added by the referee at the end of the second half. Extra periods, golden goals, and shootouts are not included in second half wagering. Goals scored in the first half do not count toward the second half wager.
Example: Suppose AC Milan lead Juventus 1-0 at half time and the odds on the second half are Juventus -0.5. The -0.5 applies to the second half of play only. Therefore Juventus bettors win if Juventus scores more goals in the second half than AC Milan scores in the second half. AC Milan bettors win if the teams score an equal number of goals in the second half, or if AC Milan scores more goals in the second half than Juventus scores in the second half.
The match must reach full time for second half wagers to stand.
10. Bets on teams to qualify or to advance to the next round of a competition:
Bets are paid out on the referee’s final whistle at the match’s natural conclusion, whether the match is decided in regular time, extra time, or in a penalty shootout. Extra time and penalty shootouts are always included for betting purposes.
In a one-leg match all bets have action once the match kicks off. If the referee abandons a one-leg match (for reasons including, but not limited to: crowd disturbances, unplayability of the pitch, or one team not having enough players to continue) bets will be paid based on decisions of the relevant governing body. Bets will stand while the governing body considers the circumstances of the abandonment and determines what remedy is to be taken (including, but no limited to: forfeiture, resumption of play at a later time, or a replay). If a team is disqualified before the match kicks off, all bets are void. If the rules prescribe a replay for a drawn match, all bets stand for the replay.
In a two-leg match, all bets have action once the second leg kicks off, provided that the first leg has not been ruled a forfeit. If the first leg is ruled a forfeit, all bets on teams ‘to qualify’ or ‘to advance’ are void. If the second leg is abandoned, all bets remain valid and will be paid based on decisions of the relevant governing body.
11. Live betting: All bets taken while Live Betting is being offered INCLUDE all goals already scored in the match up to the point the bet is struck and will be settled based on the final score.
Example: Real Madrid lead 2-0 and are currently offered at -3. If Real Madrid win by 4 goals or more, bettors backing Real Madrid -3 win, and bettors backing the opposition at +3 lose. If Real Madrid win by exactly 3 goals, all bets struck at Real Madrid -3 or the opponents +3 are refunded. If Real Madrid win the match by two goals, or win by one goal, or do not win the match, bettors backing Real Madrid -3 lose, and bettors backing the opposition +3 win.
Unless otherwise stated at the time of offer, bets on live matches stand if and only if the match reaches full time.
Most sportsbooks cannot guarantee that odds will be offered at any specific time during the match; odds will not regularly be offered after the 80th minute of play.
Check out our worldwide soccer betting community find the latest soccer betting odds and lines along with unique sports betting tips and online betting articles.
Powered By: Our top sportsbook Soccer Handicapping