Free NBA Pick: Clippers vs. Suns NBA Odds
Looking for LA Clippers vs Phoenix Suns free NBA picks & NBA odds? NBA betting sees the Clippers taking on the Suns on Sunday, June 20th, 2021, at the Phoenix Suns Arena. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all NBA basketball matchups so stay tuned for more FREE daily NBA hoops predictions like this Clippers Suns matchup.
2021 NBA Playoffs Handicapping Western Conference Finals
(0-0) Denver Nuggets vs. Phoenix Suns (0-0)
Date: Sunday, June 20th
Time: 3:30 PM EST
Venue: Phoenix Suns Arena, Phoenix, Arizona
NBA Moneyline Odds: Clippers +150 | Suns -182
NBA Betting Odds: Suns -4.5
NBA Betting Total: 221.5
The Western Conference Finals between the LA Clippers and Phoenix Suns being Sunday, June 20th. Their Eastern counterparts won’t be decided until the night match featuring a Game 7 between the 76ers and Hawks who’ll play the Bucks.
It’s a quick turnaround for the Clippers who just finished their semi-finals defeating top-ranked Utah 4-2 on Friday. LA lost the first two games and then swept the Jazz in the next four matches despite missing their superstar Kawhi Leonard in the final two games.
Alternatively, the Suns were the lone team to sweep their semi-final opponent. Because Phoenix needed the bare minimum to dispense of the Nuggets they’ve been idle for a full week (Sunday, June 13th).
LA won two of the three contests this season losing the final meeting without Kawhi Leonard in the lineup. Also of note, in the April 8th match, Phoenix was on a back-to-back having defeated the Jazz in overtime the night prior and had to fly to LA afterward.
The Clippers arrive at this series having accomplished three major things.
- It’s the first Western Conference Finals appearance in Clippers history (51 years).
- They are the first team in NBA history to win TWICE after trailing 0-2.
- With Kawhi Leonard out injured, Paul George’s self-coined alter ego “Playoff P” materialized leading LA to two consecutive victories to clinch the series versus the Jazz.
The sprained knee Leonard sustained will keep him out of Game 1 and possibly the series so PG will need to replicate his Game 5 and 6 effort. The good news for PG is he was highly successful versus the Suns this season averaging 32.3 points and shot 61% from the perimeter.
The bad news is someone has to replace the 30.4 points, 7.7 rebounds, 4.4 assists, and 2.1 steals that Leonard has averaged in the postseason.
Both teams will need to replace their superstar in Game 1 and Terance Mann who I kept begging for Ty Lue to play more embraced the moment. The Suns have sat back watching the Clippers-Jazz series so they’ll be well prepared and no doubt happy to guard Mann instead of Leonard.
Ivica Zubac may have to play extended minutes to offer size versus Deandre Ayton.
The well-rested Suns arrive at this series with plenty of storylines especially ones with ties to their leader:
- Despite getting vaccinated Chris Paul tested positive for COVID. He remains out with no update on a return. Paul has played the fifth-most playoff games (119) without a Finals appearance. The sentimental part of me is pulling for his return and that streak getting broken.
- CP3 was the captain of Lob City for six seasons but while they were often in the conversation as title favorites their playoff resume featured three first-round and three semi-finals exits.
- Paul George’s trade demand launched the domino that led to Paul’s trade (for Westbrook) to the Thunder. Ultimately, it served to motivate the Point God as he reminded hoop fans why he’s considered the best leader in the NBA.
Phoenix has won seven in a row matching their season-high. Coincidentally, their next longest streak occurred in the Disney bubble when they swept their eight matches.
Devin Booker averaged 32.3 points and 8.6 free throws versus the Clippers this year. He’s matured and doesn’t force his shot but steps up when needed averaging 27.9 points, 6.8 rebounds, and 4.8 assists this postseason.
Likewise, in his first playoff experience, Deandre Ayton has held his own against the likes of Anthony Davis and Nikola Jokic averaging a double-double of 15.2 points and 10.6 rebounds while shooting a blistering 71.6% from the field.
Mikal Bridges is an underrated defender who’ll likely be tasked with guarding George but also chip in double-digit scoring. He’s averaging 12 points but improved versus Denver to 16.
NBA Betting Trends:
- The Clippers are 8-2 in the teams last 10 head to head meetings
- The Clippers are 7-3 ATS in the last 10 head to head meetings
- Over/Under is 5-5 in the teams last 10 head to head meetings
Free LA Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns NBA Prediction:
All five Suns starters are averaging double-digit scoring and came one point shy (Jae Crowder) of doing it in every game versus the Nuggets. That’s a very different dynamic for the Clippers who dealt with superstars Luka Doncic and Donovan Mitchell but will have to game plan for the Suns’ equal opportunity offense.
Paul is the calming force especially late for Phoenix, but he’s instilled confidence and swagger in his youngsters. Phoenix has delivered the most consistent two-way production and although CP3 will be missed I can envision a “win one for the Point God” speech from Monty.
4* Free NBA Betting Pick: Suns ATS
If you’re looking for more NBA picks like this LA Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns matchup we’ll be providing 4* free NBA predictions on the blog during the entire 2020-2021 NBA season, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NBA predictions!
Register here for a FREE NBA Betting Account Now for Daily Free Picks & More Special Offers!