Free Week 9 Prediction: Longhorns vs Cowboys Odds
Looking for Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys free picks? Week 9 betting sees the Longhorns taking on the Cowboys on Saturday October 27 at Boone Pickens Stadium in Stillwater, Oklahoma. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Texas Oklahoma State free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 9
(6-1) Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma Sooners (4-3)
Date: Saturday, October 27 2018
Time: 8:00 pm EST
Venue: Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, Oklahoma
NCAA Football Spread: Longhorns -3.5
NCAA Betting Total: 59.5
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
Texas remains the only undefeated team in the Big 12. As long as that is the case they remain relevant but this is going to be a test, though there are still a couple of teams on the schedule that could beat them.
Oklahoma State looked good early when they took down Boise State but since that one neither team has looked all that great. They still have enough to push a Texas team that is far from perfect, especially at home.
This is not an elite Texas team but since getting over their terrible opener against Maryland they have been finding ways to win. From week to week we never know whether it will the defense or the offense that gets the job done.
It looks like they will be without starting quarterback Sam Ehlinger for this one. Backup Shane Buechele has had his chances to take the job and just never did much with it. Talent wise they should be able to win with either guy.
Texas recruiting might be a little down overall but they still have way too much talent to not be better defensively. Sure they gave up a bunch to Oklahoma, everyone does. This unit can be better and when it plays well they are physical and set the tone for the team.
Oklahoma State Cowboys
Oklahoma State is in a bit of trouble. Not only are they looking to break a two game losing streak but the rest of their schedule is really tough. Every team on it is likely to be bowl eligible before the season is done, putting their own eligibility in doubt.
The Cowboy offense can move the ball but some of their numbers are aided by early blowouts. QB Taylor Cornelius has good numbers overall but was off last week – his worst game of the season. He has thrown interceptions in four straight game. They are going to need to be balanced for this one though.
The OSU defrense has not kept up with the offense this season. When this unit is effective the team has really soared in the Mike Gundy era. Texas is not that dynamic on offense though so perhaps this is a good matchup.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Under is 16-5 in TEX last 21 games on fieldturf.
- Under is 40-14 in TEX last 54 conference games.
- Under is 19-7 in TEX last 26 road games.
- OKST are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 conference games.
- Over is 8-3 in OKST last 11 games in October.
- Over is 20-8 in OKST last 28 conference games.
Free Week 9 NCAA Football Pick
It makes sense that Texas is the favourite in this spot, even on the road. Overall their resume is stronger even though this is far from a dominating Longhorns team.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Oklahoma State +3.5
The hook got my attention for this one. I like Texas to win but they are not going to roll through the Cowboys on their own home
Look for a close game that goes back and forth. I think Oklahoma State takes the lead early so I might looks at a first half play too. Texas makes just enough adjustments to get the win but the home team covers.
Week 9 Free Score Prediction: Texas 31 – Oklahoma State 28
If you’re looking for more picks like this Texas Longhorns vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Kansas Jayhawks vs. Texas Longhorns – 10/19/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Texas Longhorns vs. TCU Horned Frogs – 10/26/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- New Mexico Lobos vs. Wyoming Cowboys – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- West Virginia Mountaineers vs. Oklahoma Sooners – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- San Diego State Aztecs vs. San Jose State Spartans – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Texas A&M Aggies vs. Ole Miss Rebels – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- LSU Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Nevada Wolfpack vs. Utah State Aggies – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction