Free Week 1 Prediction: Rams vs. Bobcats Odds
Looking for Rhode Island Rams vs. Ohio Bobcats free picks? Week 1 betting sees the Rams taking on the Bobcats on Saturday, August 31 at Peden Stadium, Athens, OH. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Rams Bobcats free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 1
(0-0) Rhode Island Rams vs. Ohio Bobcats (0-0)
Date: Saturday, August 31
Time: 2:00 pm EST
Venue: Peden Stadium, Athens, OH
NCAA Football Spread: Ohio -22.5
NCAA Betting Total: 66.5
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
The NCAA season is finally here and we have a Saturday filled with college football. In this game the Rhode Island Rams make the trip to West to take on the Ohio Bobcats.
Rhode Island Rams
The Rhode Island Rams had a really up and down season last season, but they were still able to finish with a 6-5 record. There are some who believe this can be a playoff team in the FCS again this year, but the goal inside the locker room is to get to seven or eight wins.
They are playing a big step up in competition during this game, so they should get a good chance to see exactly where they are.
For the Rams they have a good running back tandem in Zoe Bryant and Naim Jones and they are going to need to run wild in this game, if they want any chance to come away with a victory.
Last season the Rams gave up 28.6 points per game and that is going to need to be something that is better in this game.
If the Rams defense struggles in this game, they are going to be in trouble in this game, and that could cause some issues and this could be blowout city.
On the other side of this matchup is the Ohio Bobcats who were strong last season finishing with a 9-4 record last year.
One of their most impressive wins was the last game of the season when they took it to San Diego State and came out ahead 27-0.
On the offensive side of the ball they still have quarterback Nathan Rourke who is one of the best players in the MAC.
On the defensive side of the ball, they have a really strong secondary, and that is going to be key in this game and also as they try to win the MAC.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Rhode Island is 2-3-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Rhode Island is 2-3-1 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Ohio is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- Ohio is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
Free Week 1 NCAA Football Pick
I really don’t see any way the Rams win this game, so this game will come down to if they can do enough to cover the spread.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Rams ATS
The Bobcats are the better team, but I really think the Rams do have enough to keep them in this game. It’s going to be close, but back the Rams to cover the spread.
I am not super confident in this pick and would bet it lightly.
Week 1 Free Score Prediction: Bobcats 37 – Rams 20
If you’re looking for more picks like this Rhode Island Rams vs. Ohio Bobcats matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Louisiana Lafayette Ragin Cajuns vs. Ohio Bobcats – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB betting Prediction
- Miami (Ohio) RedHawks vs. Ohio State Buckeyes – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Georgia State Panthers vs. Texas State Bobcats – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Toledo Rockets vs. Colorado State Rams – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Oregon Ducks vs. Stanford Cardinal – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Baylor Bears vs. Rice Owls – 9/21/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UCONN Huskies vs. Indiana Hoosiers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- LSU Tigers vs. Vanderbilt Commodores – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction