Free Week 2 Prediction: Blue Raiders vs Crimson Tide Odds
Week 2 College football betting sees the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders taking on the Alabama Crimson Tide on Saturday September 12th at Bryant-Denny Stadium, Berkeley, California Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions.
In Week 1, Alabama shined against the Wisconsin Badgers. This week, the team aims to create another solid performance when it welcomes Middle Tennessee in its home opener.
Kickoff is set for under the lights at 4:00 PM EST in Alabama.
For the Blue Raiders, they need to challenge the Crimson Tide’s secondary. However, they need to find a balance early for two reasons: They need to put pressure on the defensive line to focus on the run, and they need to keep possession as long as they possibly can against an elite offense.
The Blue Raiders aren’t going to put much pressure on Alabama’s D-line, so they will need to work their way downfield yard by yard instead of going deep each and every play.
If the team can keep Alabama’s offense off the field, that’s going to be huge for the outlook of this contest. Although a win straight up seems like it would be a miracle, a win against the spread is quite doable if the Blue Raiders implement this strategy.
For the Tide, this game won’t present much of a challenge. In fact, it should be one of the least-climactic games on the schedule, which is especially nice with Ole Miss up in Week 3.
After the team’s defense was unable to consistently convert on third-down situations in Week 1, this will be a solid opportunity for the squad to gain both momentum and confidence.
On offense, Alabama will look to put this one out of reach early. Derrick Henry will do plenty of work, and that work will start in the first two quarters of the contest.
Jake Coker showed against Wisconsin that he be a game-managing quarterback who makes smart decisions. Avoiding mistakes in this one will be the difference between Alabama covering the spread and taking a loss ATS.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Blue Raiders are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 vs. SEC.
- Blue Raiders are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following a SU win of more than 20 points.
- Blue Raiders are 7-18-1 ATS in their last 26 games after scoring more than 40 points in their previous game.
- Blue Raiders are 3-8-1 ATS in their last 12 non-conference games.
- Blue Raiders are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
- Blue Raiders are 7-21 ATS in their last 28 games after accumulating more than 280 yards passing in their previous game.
- Over is 4-0 in Crimson Tide last 4 games overall.
- Over is 4-0 in Crimson Tide last 4 games after accumulating more than 200 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Over is 5-1 in Crimson Tide last 6 non-conference games.
Free Week 2 NCAA Football Prediction
The Blue Raiders may have put together a strong showing versus Jackson State last week, but that narrative won’t play out against the Crimson Tide.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Alabama ATS
Look for this one to be a blowout early, and while a shutout isn’t out of the question, we’ll be kind and give Middle Tennessee a field goal for their efforts.
Week 2 Free Score Prediction: Alabama 57 – Middle Tennessee 3
We’ll be providing 4* free College football predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has College football odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find NCAA football lines up for early games as well.