Free Week 2 Prediction: Razorbacks vs Rebels
Looking for Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Ole Miss Rebels free picks? Week 2 betting sees the Razorbacks taking on the Rebels Saturday, September 7 at Hollingsworth Field in Oxford, Mississippi. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Arkansas Ole Miss Week 2 free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 2
(1-0) Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Ole Miss Rebels (0-1)
Date: Saturday, September 7th 2019
Time: 7:30 pm EST
Venue: Hollingsworth Field Oxford, Mississippi
NCAA Football Spread: Ole Miss -7.5
NCAA Betting Total: 55.5
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
One season removed from finishing last and next-to-last in the SEC West, Arkansas visits Mississippi State.
When these schools met in 2018, Ole Miss limped away from Razorback Stadium a 37-33 winner. Though, last week the Rebels dropped their opener vs. Memphis. Meanwhile, Arkansas defeated Portland State 20-13.
Transfer QB Ben Hicks struggled throughout his Razorback debut. After misfiring while completing just 14-of-29 passes, the former SMU standout was replaced in favor of Nick Starkel. Starkel, also a transfer, coming over from Texas A&M, completed four-of-five attempts as Arkansas held off a late Vikings rally.
Neither Hicks nor Starkel combined for a scoring strike against Portland State, while averaging 5.5 yards per completion. Instead, Arkansas gained two rushing touchdowns and a pair of field goals. Running back Rakeem Boyd gained 114 yards, one touchdown and 6.3 yards per carry to lead Arkansas’ winning effort.
Though after hanging on against a Big Sky team which won four games in 2018 and allowed 60-plus points four times during that stretch, the Razorbacks cannot feel they represented the SEC well in their season opener.
Ole Miss Rebels
After losing to AAC 2018 bowl team Memphis in week one, host Ole Miss seeks a repeat of last season’s shootout victory over the Razorbacks. That Rebels victory stands as the lone SEC win for today’s hard-luck Western division participants.
Memphis used a hard-nosed running attack to capitalize on Mississipi’s offensive miscues. The Tigers added 192 ground yards, and two scores before halftime, as RB Patrick Taylor Jr.’s 128-yard day ended matters.
Ole Miss gained just 173 yards of total offense. Matt Corral’s 9-of-19, one INT. outing underwhelmed on the road as the Tigers secondary seemed a step ahead at all times.
During their season opener, Ole MIss converted just 1-of-10 third down opportunities, averaged 2.4 yards per rush and lost the time of possession battle by 17 minutes.
While Memphis represents a competitive upgrade over Arkansas opponent Portland State, it’s still a revelation to witness an SEC school struggle so mightily vs. mid-major opposition.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Razorbacks are 16-34-2 ATS in their last 52 games in September.
- Razorbacks are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games on grass.
- Razorbacks are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- Razorbacks are 3-13 ATS in their last 16 games following a straight up win.
- Rebels are 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 games after scoring less than 20 points in their previous game.
- Rebels are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games following a straight up loss.
- Rebels are 0-6 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Rebels are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games on grass.
Free Week 2 NCAA Football Pick
After failing to impress during non-conference 19′ debuts, it appears the Rebels and Hogs will stay in their familiar spots among the SEC West’s dregs. The silver lining in all this is one school will gain a conference win today.
While both teams are similarly limited, considering Ole Miss is at home, and put up a better performance, even in a loss last week, I’ll take the Rebels by a slim margin today.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Rebels by 7 / BIG LEAN Under
Arkansas had scoring issues against one of the nation’s worst defenses last Saturday. Likewise, Ole Miss gained little ground vs. Memphis. When comparing offenses, considering their head-to-head win last year, the Rebels gain the benefit of the doubt against Arkansas.
Further, after holding the Tigers to 15 points, Ole Miss shouldn’t have trouble eeking out a pitcher’s duel vs. the Razorbacks.
Week 2 Free Score Prediction: Ole Miss 17 – Arkansas 10
If you’re looking for more picks like this Ole Miss Rebels vs. Arkansas Razorbacks matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- San Jose State Spartans vs. Arkansas Razorbacks – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting prediction
- UCF Knights vs. Pitt Panthers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Wagner Seahawks vs. FAU Owls – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Oregon Ducks vs. Stanford Cardinal – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Baylor Bears vs. Rice Owls – 9/21/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Louisville Cardinals vs. Florida State Seminoles – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB betting Prediction
- Old Dominion Monarchs vs. Virginia Cavaliers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UCLA Bruins vs. Washington State Cougars – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction