World Series Of Poker (WSOP) Info
Cappers Picks online pokerroom review and poker room ratings guide are best suited for the amateur holdem player looking to improve their game and learn no limit Texas holdem strategies, tips, and internet poker tactics and the best online poker rooms to play at. The Poker Rooms we advertise rated higher than any other online wagering establishment.
We have seen them grow since the late 90’s folks. They are not in the business of ripping people off. If they were they’d be on our scam casino and scam sportsbook list.
Trust us! You’ll learn what you need to know about playing poker online!
By: CappersPicks.com Online Poker Staff
Online Poker – Looking For WSOP Information?
Bovada Poker is pleased to announce that you can turn your Bovada poker points into cash! Earning poker points is easy too. You collect them just for spending time playing in the poker room. Click Here – Join Now!
Do we go to all lengths to make cappers picks poker players happy or what?
Managing Online Poker Money:
Info About The WSOP (World Series Of Poker):
In 1970, Benny Binion, the owner of Binion’s Horseshoe Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, gathered together a group of highly skilled poker players from around the United States. His plan was to have them play each other in a public setting in order to determine which of them who the best poker player in the world was. Benny Binion called his event the “World Series of Poker” and it was held at his casino in Las Vegas. In the end, celebrated poker legend Johnny Moss was crowned the very first World Champion of Poker. The WSOP has been held annually at the Binions Horseshoe ever since, but from 2005 and forward the WSOP will be played at the Rio in Las Vegas, Nevada.
In the year 2000, when Chris Ferguson was crowned as the WSOP champion, the number of participants had grown to 519 and first prize awarded him with $1,500,000. In 2004, an unprecedented 2,576 players battled for the coveted world champion title, which lured the competitors with a first prize offer of $5,000,000.
A few players have won more than one time namely Doyle Brunson, Johnny Chan, Stu Ungar and Johny Moss. They are now considered greats of the game.
In 2004 the WSOP franchise was bought by Harrahs and will be managed by them in 2005, instead of being held at the traditional Binions the WSOP will be held at the Rio suites and hotel in Las Vegas. Participant number is expected to be in between 3000-6000 players. The main event will start on July 7th and the final table will be played on July 15th. However, the two final days of the event will be played at the traditional Binions Horseshoe in downtown Las Vegas.
For the first time ever, the 2005 WSOP was held at Harrah’s Rio Suites, Las Vegas, and the final 2 days of the Main event concluded at in its traditional location, The Horseshoe in downtown Las Vegas.
The WSOP is unequalled by any other poker event in the world today, and it is considered by all to be the ultimate achievement in any poker players career, to gain that coveted title of World Champion. In the year of 2004, Greg ‘Fossilman’ Raymer beat the other 2,576 players to win the title and 5 million dollars for his buy-in stake of $10,000, which in fact he won via an online poker site, for an original stake of $40. What an investment.
Past WSOP Champions
- 2007 Champion – Jerry Yang $8,250,000
- 2006 Champion – Jamie Gold $12,000,000
- 2005 – WSOP Champion – Joseph Hachem $7,500,000
- 2004 – WSOP Champion – Greg Raymer
- 2003 – WSOP Champion – Chris Moneymaker
- 2002 – WSOP Champion – Robert Varkonyi
- 2001 – WSOP Champion – Carlos Mortenson
- 2000 – WSOP Champion – Chris “jesus” Ferguson
- 1999 – WSOP Champion – Noel Furlong
- 1998 – WSOP Champion – Scotty Nguyen
- 1997 – WSOP Champion – Stu Ungar
- 1996 – WSOP Champion – Huck Seed
- 1995 – WSOP Champion – Dan Harrington
- 1994 – WSOP Champion – Russ Hamilton
- 1993 – WSOP Champion – Jim Bechtel
- 1992 – WSOP Champion – Hamid Dastmalchi
- 1991 – WSOP Champion – Brad Daugherty
- 1990 – WSOP Champion – Mansour Matloubi
- 1989 – WSOP Champion – Phil Hellmuth jr
- 1988 – WSOP Champion – Johnny Chan
- 1987 – WSOP Champion – Johnny Chan
- 1986 – WSOP Champion – Berry Johnston
- 1985 – WSOP Champion – Bill Smith
- 1984 – WSOP Champion – Jack Kellar
- 1983 – WSOP Champion – Tom McEvoy
- 1982 – WSOP Champion – Jack Strauss
- 1981 – WSOP Champion – Stu Ungar
- 1980 – WSOP Champion – Stu Ungar
- 1979 – WSOP Champion – Hal Fowler
- 1978 – WSOP Champion – Bobby Baldwin
- 1977 – WSOP Champion – Doyle Brunson
- 1976 – WSOP Champion – Doyle Brunson
- 1975 – WSOP Champion – Sailor Roberts
- 1974 – WSOP Champion – Johnny Moss
- 1973 – WSOP Champion – Puggy Pearson
- 1972 – WSOP Champion – Amarillo Slim Preston
- 1971 – WSOP Champion – Johnny Moss
Since 2001 Cappers Picks Poker has been the only site on the web you can completly trust 100% to guide you in the right direction for playing poker online, with safe, and secure and trusted online poker software. If you encounter any problems with any of the above listed poker rooms don’t hesitate to email us, we’ll help you out and resolve any issues that come up when you want to play poker online at Bodog, Betus, Bookmaker or Sportsbook.com. Thanks!