Free NHL Hockey Prediction: Capitals vs Flyers NHL Odds
Looking for Washington Capitals vs. Philadelphia Flyers free hockey plays & NHL Odds? NHL betting sees the Capitals taking on the Flyers on Thursday March 14th at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all NHL Hockey games all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily NHL hockey predictions like this Capitals Flyers matchup.
(41-22-7) Washington Capitals vs. Philadelphia Flyers (34-27-8)
Date: Thursday March 14th
Time: 7:00 PM ET
Venue: Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA
NHL Hockey Moneyline Odds: Capitals -141
NHL Hockey Puck Line Odds: OFF
NHL Betting Total: 6.5
Live NHL Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
There’s a good one set to go down at the Wells Fargo Center on Thursday night when the Capitals visit the Flyers. Philadelphia absolutely refuses to give up on their postseason hopes as they’ve used an incredible run to get within 5 points of the wild card.
The Capitals have brushed off a sluggish midseason and seem geared for a run at a possible Stanley Cup repeat. the Caps are back up top in the Metropolitan and are riding an 8-2 run over their last 10 when they head to the Wells Fargo Center.
The Capitals looked human on Tuesday, having a 7-game win streak snapped at the Penguins. They’ve got another tough challenge at Philadelphia on Thursday as the Flyers cling to any postseason hopes they may have.
Washington’s impressive 8-2 has been built largely on their defense instead of the top 7 scoring offense. The Capitals have been held to 3 goals or less in 7 of 10 yet have still won 8 games over that span.
The man largely responsible for those solid defensive numbers is G Braden Holtby. He’s won 5 of his last 6 decisions but was rocked for 4 goals on 29 shots Tuesday vs. Pittsburgh. The O/U for Thursday’s game is 6.5 so oddsmakers are expecting some goals from somewhere.
Can the Flyers offense generate some offense to put the pressure on Holtby? Philly has scored at least 3 goals in 8 straight games and they have a 6-1-1 record over that span. The Flyers desperately need a win Thursday to keep pace for the wild card.
While the Washington offense has been OK lately, they obviously have a lot of talent. The Capitals may be exceptionally dangerous vs. Flyers G Carter Hart who hasn’t started in three weeks while missing time with an injured ankle.
The rookie Hart wasn’t great in his last two starts before the injury either. He allowed 3 goals on 9 SOG in back-to-back games vs. the Lightning and Canadiens. On the plus side, he has had a lot of time to think about those games but the rink rust has to be there.
NHL Betting Trends:
- Capitals are 6-0 their last 6 as a favorite
- Capitals are 7-1 their last 8 overall
- Capitals are 5-2 their last 7 road games
- Flyers are 11-4 their last 15 games
- Flyers are 19-7 their last 26 overall
- Home team is 5-2 the last 7 H2H
Free Washington Capitals vs. Philadelphia Flyers NHL Prediction:
Even though they’re on the road, the Capitals are -141 favorites Thursday. That’s actually a very valuable line considering the issues the Flyers have going on in net.
4* Free NHL Betting Pick: Capitals -141
Holtby is playing solid and the Capitals offense should be able to get to Hart for a handful of goals.
NHL Free Score Prediction: Capitals 4 – Flyers 1
If you’re looking for more NHL picks like this Washington Capitals vs. Philadelphia Flyers matchup we’ll be providing 4* free NHL predictions on the blog during the entire 2019 NHL season, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NHL Hockey picks!
CappersPicks.com has NHL odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find NHL lines up for early games as well.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Washington Capitals vs. Chicago Blackhawks – 10/20/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Predictions
- New York Rangers vs. Washington Capitals – 10/18/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction
- Ottawa Senators vs. Dallas Stars – 10/21/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction
- Edmonton Oilers vs. Winnipeg Jets – 10/20/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction
- Montreal Canadiens vs. Minnesota Wild – 10/20/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Predictions
- Ottawa Senators vs. Phoenix Coyotes – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction
- Carolina Hurricanes vs. Anaheim Ducks – 10/18/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Predictions
- Colorado Avalanche vs. Florida Panthers – 10/18/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Predictions