Free NHL Hockey Prediction: Senators vs. Canadiens NHL Odds
Looking for Ottawa Senators Vs. Montreal Canadiens free hockey plays & NHL Odds? NHL betting sees the Senators taking on the Canadiens on Tuesday January 31st at Bell Centre in Montreal. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all NHL Hockey games all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily NHL hockey predictions like this Senators Canadiens matchup.
NHL Hockey Handicapping – Senators vs. Montreal
(23-23-3) Ottawa Senators vs. Montreal Canadiens (20-26-4)
Date: Tuesday January 31st – Senators vs. Montreal
Time: 7:00 PM ET
Venue: Bell Centre, Montreal
Hockey NHL Moneyline Odds: Senators -175 Canadiens +138 (Bet Now!)
NHL Hockey Puck Line Odds: Senators -1.5 +130 Canadiens +1.5 -182
Today’s NHL Betting Total: O/U 6.0
- *Click Here* Check out our Live Betting Odds for this Ottawa Senators vs. Montreal Canadiens game!
- *Click Here* Check out our Updated NHL Sportsbook Bonuses for today!
- SCROLL DOWN FOR our Senators Canadiens Free Pick!
To begin, we’re enlightened to witness a division matchup between teams, who own a long standing history against one another. Grandly, Ottawa’s won their last 4 matchups, while Montreal won 2 out of 3 prior.
Continuing on, this is a rematch from the weekend, where Ottawa dismantled Montreal by a 5-0 score. With that being said, The Senators now travel to the legendary Bell Centre, with an attempt to do it all over again.
In an odd stark of contrast, Ottawa’s currently ranked 5th for shots, but near the bottom of the league at 24th for goals per game. They’ve brought these rankings to fruition by scoring just 3.0 goals, on 33.7 shots on average.
Even more impressive, The Senators possess the 3rd ranked powerplay, as they’re capitalizing on 26.3% of their chances.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE RAZOR RAY’S NHL PICKS FOR THIS WEEK!
Sadly, this squads permitting 3.2 goals, on 31.8 shots against per matchup. Therefore, ranking 19th for the former, and 20th for the latter.
With that being said, Ottawa’s boasting a 81.2 PK%, in return ranking 10th in the league.
Due to a recent injury to starter Cam Talbot, Anton Forsberg (10-10-2) is expected to take on their rival, in the Montreal Canadiens.
- Mark Kastelic – Questionable – Undisclosed
- Cam Talbot – IR – Lower Body
- Artem Zub – IR – Lower Body
- Josh Norris – IR – Shoulder
Regrettably, this teams only managed to win once out of their last five matchups. Although they won three out four prior to the slide, even with wins over The Rangers, and Jets.
Dumbfoundedly, The Canadiens are ranked 30th for both goals and shots per tilt. The aforementioned rankings are backed by just 2.5 goals, on a minuscule 27.8 shots per matchup.
Additionally, Montreal is scoring on a shockingly low 14.7% of their powerplays.(32nd)
More neagativiely approaches, as The Canadiens are allowing a landslide of goals on any given night. For substance, their opponents are averaging 3.7 goals, combined with 34.1 shots per game when faced off against their defense.
Alas, they’re also posting a horrendous 73.4 PK%, also ranking terribly at 29th.
In conclusion, Jake Allen is poised to defend the home net in Bell Centre on Tuesday. To add to this, Allen’s posting a 3.53 GAA, combined with a 0.893 SV% to boot.
- Joel Edmundson – IR – Questionable
- Sean Monahan – IR – Lower Body
- Brenden Gallagher – IR – Lower Body
- Jonathon Drouin – IR – Upper Body
- Joel Armia – IR – Upper Body
- Jake Evans – IR – Lower Body
Ottawa Senators vs. Montreal Canadiens NHL Betting Trends:
- Amazingly, Ottawa is 6-1 SU in their last 7 games against Eastern Conference opponents.
- Onward, the total has gone UNDER in 4 Ottawa’s last 5 games against Atlantic Division foes.
- Lamentably, Montreal is 1-5 SU in their last 6 on their second leg of back to back home games.
- Also, the total has gone OVER in 3 of Montreal’s last 4 games playing on two days rest. (One push)
- In the past, Ottawa is 4-0 SU in their last 5 games against Montreal.
- Additionally, the favorite is 5-0 SU in these teams last 5 matchups.
Free Ottawa Senators vs. Montreal Canadiens NHL Prediction
After analyzation of this matchup, these squads are complete different trajectories, and not a lot of hope lies with Montreal at this point. On paper, The Canadiens own a strong roster, but a ton of key players are injured.
4* Free Ottawa Senators vs. Montreal Canadiens NHL Betting Pick: Senators PL (+130)
Due to all points previously mentioned, we’re taking the road team to bury Montreal, for the second time in a week.
Lastly, if you’re looking for more NHL picks like this Ottawa Senators vs. Montreal Canadiens matchup, we’ll be providing 4* free NHL predictions on the blog during the entire 2023 NHL season, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NHL Hockey picks!
Register here for a FREE NHL Hockey Betting Account Now for Daily Free Picks & More Special Offers!