Free NHL Hockey Prediction: Red Wings vs Lightning NHL Odds
Looking for Detroit Red Wings vs. Tampa Bay Lightning free hockey plays & NHL Odds? NHL betting sees the Red Wings taking on the Lightning on Saturday March 9th at the Amalie Arena in Tampa. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all NHL Hockey games all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily NHL hockey predictions like this Red Wings Lightning matchup.
(24-33-10) Detroit Red Wings vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (51-13-4)
Date: Saturday, March 9th
Time: 7:00 PM
Venue: Amalie Arena, Tampa, Florida
NHL Hockey Moneyline Odds: Tampa -425 | Detroit +367
NHL Hockey Puck Line Odds: OFF
NHL Betting Total: 6.5
Live NHL Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
Saturday night, March 9th brings NHL action your way as the Detroit Red Wings head to sunny Florida to take on the Tampa Bay Lightning, live from the Amalie Arena. The Lightning come into this one winners of 10 straight over the Red Wings and look to add on to that tally with another one here.
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit ended their 8 game losing streak on Thursday night with a 3-2 shootout victory against the New York Rangers. The win was nice but with only 15 games left on their schedule, their 58 points just aren’t enough to get them into the playoffs once again.
C Dylan Larkin is the Wings overall points leader heading into Saturday night with 27 goals and 35 assists on the year. Projected starting goalie Jimmy Howard has a 18-18-5 record, with a 2.95 GAA and a .909 save percentage.
Injury Report: C Dylan Larkin is listed as “questionable” for Saturday night, and D Mike Green is listed as “out” for Detroit.
Tampa Bay Lightning
The Lightning come into this game winners of three out of their last five games after their 3-0 loss to the Minnesota Wild on Thursday night. The club continues to chase history though, and still has a 15 point lead over the red hot Boston Bruins in the Atlantic Division.
C Brayden Point is Tampa’s leading goal scorer on the year with 37, while their overall points leader is RW Nikita Kucherov, who has 31 goals and 77 assists. Projected starting goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy comes in with a 31-8-4 record with a 2.24 GAA and a .931 save percentage.
Injury Report: The Lightning have no injuries to report for Saturday night.
NHL Betting Trends:
- Detroit is 2-6 ATS in their last 8 games
- Detroit is 0-5 SU in their last 5 games vs. Tampa Bay
- Detroit is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games at Tampa Bay
- Tampa Bay is 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games
- Tampa Bay is 5-0 SU in their last 5 home games vs. Detroit
- Tampa Bay is 50-11-4 as the FAV this year
Free Detroit Red Wings vs. Tampa Bay Lightning NHL Prediction:
Detroit has to be feeling good after finally getting a win after such a long stretch of losses, but I have a feeling that jubilation will be very short lived.
Take Tampa Bay to win this game on home ice Saturday night. They need to avenge the fact that they were embarrassed in front of their own fans Thursday night.
4* Free NHL Betting Pick: Tampa -1.5
NHL Free Score Prediction: Tampa Bay 6 – Detroit 2
If you’re looking for more NHL picks like this Detroit Red Wings vs. Tampa Bay Lightning matchup we’ll be providing 4* free NHL predictions on the blog during the entire 2019 NHL season, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NHL Hockey picks!
CappersPicks.com has NHL odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find NHL lines up for early games as well.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Montreal Canadiens – 10/15/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction
- Detroit Red Wings vs. Calgary Flames – 10/17/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction
- Detroit Red Wings vs. Vancouver Canucks – 10/15/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Predictions
- Ottawa Senators vs. Phoenix Coyotes – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction
- Carolina Hurricanes vs. Anaheim Ducks – 10/18/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Predictions
- Colorado Avalanche vs. Florida Panthers – 10/18/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Predictions
- Dallas Stars vs. Pittsburgh Penguins – 10/18/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction
- Minnesota Wild vs. Montreal Canadiens – 10/17/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction