Free NHL Hockey Prediction: Blackhawks vs. Stars NHL Odds
Looking for Chicago Blackhawks vs. Dallas Stars free hockey plays & NHL Odds? NHL betting sees the Blackhawks taking on the Stars on Saturday March 9th at the American Airlines Center in Dallas. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all NHL Hockey games all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily NHL hockey predictions like this Blackhawks Stars matchup.
(28-30-8) Chicago Blackhawks vs. Dallas Stars (35-27-5)
Date: Saturday, March 9th
Time: 8:00 PM EST
Venue: American Airlines Center, Dallas TX
NHL Hockey Moneyline Odds: Stars -167
NHL Hockey Puck Line Odds: OFF
NHL Betting Total: 7
Live NHL Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
For all intents and purposes Chicago will probably fall just short of a miraculous comeback to make the Western Conference playoffs. The Hawks are 9 points out of the 2nd wild card spot but are still fighting as evidenced from Thursday’s SO win over the Sabres.
Dallas has a hold on the 1st wild card spot in the West but the Stars and Wild are still within striking distance of at least the Coyotes and Avalanche. Therefore Saturday night’s game from the American Airlines Center is must-win for Big D.
Oddsmakers have struggled to find a total that Chicago goes ‘under’ on. You’re rich if you’ve rode Chicago overs to a 15-0-1 record over the last 16. That stat isn’t just a testament to the Hawks top 10 scoring offense – it shows how bad their defense has been.
Corey Crawford is the probable starter for a Chicago defense that has yielded 43 goals in the last 9 games. Crawford has given up 10 goals in his last two starts but was helped out by Patrick Kane, Artem Ansimov, and the Chicago offense in a 5-4 SO win on Thursday.
The line of Dallas -167 almost seems on the cheap side for a Stars team that’s on a 4 game win streak. It was the Stars who essentially killed Chicago’s postseason hopes with a 4-3 win at the United Center two Sundays ago. Do the Hawks exact some sort of revenge in this one?
Dallas has definitely used defense to fuel their recent win streak, giving up just 1 goal in the last three games. Interestingly enough, it’s Anton Khubodin who is expected in net Saturday instead of Ben Bishop. It was Khubodin who engineered the win over Chicago two weeks ago however.
NHL Betting Trends:
- Blackhawks are 16-33 their last 49 road games
- Over is 7-1-1 Blackhawks last 9 vs. team with a winning record
- Stars are 4-0 their last four overall
- Blackhawks are 1-5 the last 6 H2H meetings
Free Chicago Blackhawks vs. Dallas Stars NHL Prediction:
Chicago was horrible on a recent road trip to the West Coast, losing to the last place Kings and barely squeaking by the Ducks. The Star are a much better team than both of those squads and with more to play for. That being said, with how good Dallas’ defense has been playing the only true value in this game is on Chicago’s ‘over’ streak to finally break.
4* Free NHL Betting Pick: Under 7
If Crawford can hold Dallas to 4 or less, Chicago’s offensive woes force an ‘under.’
NHL Free Score Prediction: Stars 4 – Blackhawks 2
If you’re looking for more NHL picks like this Chicago Blackhawks vs. Dallas Stars matchup we’ll be providing 4* free NHL predictions on the blog during the entire 2017 NHL season, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NHL Hockey picks!
CappersPicks.com has NHL odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find NHL lines up for early games as well.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Dallas Stars vs. Pittsburgh Penguins – 10/18/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction
- Ottawa Senators vs. Phoenix Coyotes – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction
- Carolina Hurricanes vs. Anaheim Ducks – 10/18/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Predictions
- Colorado Avalanche vs. Florida Panthers – 10/18/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Predictions
- Minnesota Wild vs. Montreal Canadiens – 10/17/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction
- Nashville Predators vs. Arizona Coyotes – 10/17/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction
- Colorado Avalanche vs. Pittsburgh Penguins – 10/16/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction
- Buffalo Sabres vs. Anaheim Ducks – 10/16/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction