Free NHL Hockey Prediction: Ducks vs Avalanche NHL Odds
Looking for Anaheim Ducks vs. Colorado Avalanche free hockey plays & NHL Odds? NHL betting sees the Ducks taking on the Avalanche on Friday March 15th at the Pepsi Center in Denver. Cappers Picks provides complimentary expert handicapping picks on all NHL Hockey games all season long so stay tuned for more FREE daily NHL hockey predictions like this Ducks Avalanche matchup.
(28-34-9) Anaheim Ducks vs. Colorado Avalanche (30-28-12)
Date: Friday, March 15th
Time: 9:00 PM
Venue: Pepsi Center, Denver, CO
NHL Hockey Moneyline Odds: Avalanche -167
NHL Hockey Puck Line Odds: OFF
NHL Betting Total: 5.5
Live NHL Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
Colorado being a -167 home favorite on Friday night actually seems like a line on the low side considering their opponent Anaheim is in action Thursday at Arizona.
The Avalanche are fighting for their playoff lives in this one as they sit just 3 points back from Arizona for the 2nd wild card spot.
Going into Thursday night’s game at the Coyotes, Anaheim has actually been very solid going 4-2 over their last 6. They should probably be 5-1 over that span if not for a 2-3 home loss to LA as -200 favorites.
One of the four wins over their last six came against these Avalanche by the score of 2-1 on March 3rd. Interestingly the Ducks have played 7 of their last 8 at home and now must go away where they are 13-21-1 on the season.
What’s been powering Anaheim has been their defense which has held 4 of 6 opponents to 2 goals or less. Make no mistake, the Ducks offense has potency too as evidenced by their 8-2 win over the Canadiens a week ago.
With Gibson getting the start Thursday it’s likely to be Ryan Miller in net. He’s gone 3-3 over his last six but has held four opponents to 2 goals or less during that run.
In a weird scheduling snafu, Anaheim will be playing in a back-to-back while the Avalanche have had 3 nights off since their last game. They need some time to reflect too after getting blanked 0-3 Monday by Carolina.
The once potent Avs offense has now been shut out in two of the last six games and held to just 1 goal in another. Colorado is just 2-4 over their last six but you have to think that being at home, well rested, and vs. a Ducks team on a B2B gives the Avalanche an edge.
Colorado also has a lot to play for in this must-win game. The Avs are 3 points back from the Coyotes for the 2nd wild card spot with 12 games to play. New Jersey is up next so Colorado can string together a couple wins before facing Minnesota who they are currently 2 points back from in the West.
NHL Betting Trends:
- Ducks are 4-1 their last five games as an underdog
- Ducks are 9-27 their last 36 overall
- Ducks are 2-9 their last 11 road games
- Avalanche are 4-1 their last five as a home favorite
- Avalanche are 5-2 their last 7 home games
- Home team is 6-1 the last 7 meetings
Free Anaheim Ducks vs. Colorado Avalanche NHL Prediction:
There’s absolutely no value on Colorado at -167 the way they’ve been playing lately. The Avalanche offense has looked tired and Semyon Varlamov should be able to have a solid night in net vs. a Ducks team that actually is tired after a B2B.
4* Free NHL Betting Pick: Under 5.5
Colorado has to turn it up on defense in this one. Their playoff lives depend on it.
NHL Free Score Prediction: Avalanche 3 – Ducks 2
If you’re looking for more NHL picks like this Anaheim Ducks vs. Colorado Avalanche matchup we’ll be providing 4* free NHL predictions on the blog during the entire 2019 NHL season, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NHL Hockey picks!
CappersPicks.com has NHL odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find NHL lines up for early games as well.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Anaheim Ducks vs. Boston Bruins – 10/14/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction
- Anaheim Ducks vs. Columbus Blue Jackets – 10/11/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction
- Colorado Avalanche vs. Washington Capitals – 10/14/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction
- Arizona Coyotes vs. Colorado Avalanche – 10/12/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction
- Minnesota Wild vs. Toronto Leafs – 10/15/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction
- Philadelphia Flyers vs. Calgary Flames – 10/15/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Predictions
- Dallas Stars vs. Buffalo Sabres – 10/14/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction
- Minnesota Wild vs. Ottawa Senators – 10/14/2019 Free Pick & NHL Betting Prediction