Free Week 2 Prediction: Commodores vs Boilermakers Odds
Looking for Vanderbilt Commodores vs. Purdue Boilermakers free picks? Week 2 betting sees the Badgers taking on the Boilermakers on Saturday September 7th at Ross-Ade Stadium in West Lafayette, Indiana Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Vanderbilt Purdue free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 2
(0-1) Vanderbilt Commodores vs. Purdue Boilermakers (0-1)
Date: Saturday, September 7, 2019
Time: 12:00 pm EST
Venue: Ross-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, Indiana
NCAA Football Spread: Boilermakers -7.5
NCAA Betting Total: 55.5
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
The Vanderbilt Commodores travel to Ross-Ade Stadium to take on the Purdue Boilermakers in what should be an entertaining matchup. Both teams are coming off losses in week one and are looking to turn things around.
Will the Boilermakers take care of business at home or will the Commodores pick up a huge road win? Find out below as we preview the contest.
After a 6-7 season last year Vanderbilt is looking to have a successful 2019 year.
With a new quarterback in Riley Neal under center and their leading rusher from 2018 in Ke’Shawn Vaughn (1,244 yards) it’s possible.
The Vanderbilt Commodores had a chance to kick off the season with a bang as they took on the no. 3 Georgia Bulldogs in their home-field. Vanderbilt’s offense struggled all contest in a frustrating 30-6 loss to a loaded Georgia team. The Bulldogs scored the first 21 points and never looked back in the game.
Neal struggled for Vanderbilt going for 85 passing yards on 14/25 completions. Vaughn led the ground attack with 74 yards on 15 carries. Ryley Guay was a lone bright spot for the offense in the contest as he made both of his field-goal attempts, including a 46-yard kick.
The issue with Vanderbilt in the loss was stopping the Georgia rush attack. Bulldogs running back D’Andre Swift had 147 yards on just 16 carries while Brian Herrien added 65 yards and a touchdown on 12 carries.
Overall the Bulldogs ran for 323 yards as a team. If Vanderbilt wants to be relevant in the SEC they will have to improve significantly in that area.
Purdue is coming off a 34-31 road loss against the Nevada Wolfpack to kick off the season. Purdue blew a 31-14 lead as the Wolfpack scored the final 20 points of the game. A 56-yard field goal as time expired by Nevada kicker Brandon Talton was the difference.
It appeared the game was headed to overtime before Purdue quarterback Elijah Sindelar threw an interception on their own side of the field with under a minute to play. Sindelar had a big game throwing for 423 yards and four touchdowns.
The problem was that he threw two interceptions.
The Boilermakers ground game was contained as Zander Horvath had 66 yards on 19 carries. Rondale Moore led Purdue with 124 yards and a touchdown on 11 receptions.
Brycen Hopkins added 84 receiving yards and a touchdown.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Commodores are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games following a double-digit loss at home.
- Commodores are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after allowing less than 170 yards passing in their previous game.
- Commodores are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating less than 275 total yards in their previous game.
- Boilermakers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 home games.
- Boilermakers are 4-1 ATS vs. a team with a losing record.
- Boilermakers are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games in September.
Free Week 2 NCAA Football Pick: Purdue
This should be a close game the first few quarters before the Boilermakers gain some separation. I expect Sindelar to outplay Neal in the quarterback matchup.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Purdue -7.5
Look for the Boilermakers to sneak by with the cover as Vanderbilt will fail to score late.
Week 12 Free Score Prediction: Purdue 31 – Vanderbilt 21
If you’re looking for more picks like this Vanderbilt Commodores vs. Purdue Boilermakers matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- LSU Tigers vs. Vanderbilt Commodores – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Oregon Ducks vs. Stanford Cardinal – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Baylor Bears vs. Rice Owls – 9/21/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UCONN Huskies vs. Indiana Hoosiers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Temple Owls vs. Buffalo Bulls – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Troy Trojans vs. Akron Zips – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Old Dominion Monarchs vs. Virginia Cavaliers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UCLA Bruins vs. Washington State Cougars – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction