Free Week 4 Prediction: Mustangs vs. Horned Frogs Odds
Looking for SMU Mustangs vs. TCU Horned Frogs free picks? Week 4 betting sees the Mustangs taking on the Horned Frogs on Saturday, September 21 at McLane Stadium, Waco, TX. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Mustangs Horned Frogs free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 4
(3-0) SMU Mustangs vs. TCU Horned Frogs (2-0)
Date: Saturday, September 21, 2019
Time: 3:30 pm EST
Venue: Amon G. Carter Stadium, Fort Worth
NCAA Football Spread: TCU -9.5
NCAA Betting Total: 55.5
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
The no. 25 TCU Horned Frogs will play host to the SMU Mustangs for a Saturday afternoon contest. TCU is favored by 9.5 points and the total is set at 55.5 points.
Can SMU get a huge resume boosting victory on the road against a ranked TCU team? Or will Darius Anderson lead TCU to victory?
The SMU Mustangs beat the Texas State Bobcats 47-17 on Saturday.
SMU used a 34-14 second half to take over the game down the stretch. SMU’s rush attack was the difference in the game as Shane Buechele had an up-and-down game. Buechele had 219 passing yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions.
The ground game was incredible for SMU going for 390 yards and five touchdowns. TJ McDaniel had 159 yards and three touchdowns on just eight carries. Xavier Jones had 108 yards and a touchdown on 20 carries.
Reggie Roberson Jr. had 68 receiving yards, and Myron Gailliard added 61 yards. Kylen Granson had a nice 51-yard touchdown reception. SMU out-gained TCU 639-241 in total yards. Patrick Nelson led the defense with three sacks, and Rodney Clemons had an interception.
TCU Horned Frogs
On Saturday, the TCU Horned Frogs took care of business as they beat the Purdue Boilermakers 34-13.
TCU used a dominant 21-7 second half to put Purdue away after trailing by only six at the half. Quarterback Max Duggan struggled as he had 70 passing yards and a touchdown on 7/18 completions.
The Horned Frogs relied on a great rushing attack in the victory.
Darius Anderson led the way with 179 rushing yards and two touchdowns on 16 carries. Sewo Olonilua had 106 yards and a touchdown. The running back has 156 rushing yards in two games on 6.2 yards per carry.
Al’Dontre Davis had a 22-yard touchdown reception.
Garret Wallow led the defense with 10 tackles and a sack. Jeff Gladney and Trevon Moehrig had an interception each.
The Horned Frogs out-gained them 424-201 in total yards.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Mustangs are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating more than 450 total yards in their previous game.
- Mustangs are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games in September.
- Mustangs are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games following a straight up win of more than 20 points.
- Horned Frogs are 3-8 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Horned Frogs are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games after accumulating less than 170 yards passing in their previous game.
- Horned Frogs are 7-20 ATS in their last 27 home games.
Free Week 4 NCAA Football Pick: TCU -9.5
The SMU Mustangs are not a team to take lightly. They got a solid quarterback in Buechele and a good rush attack led by Xavier Jones (291 yards). However the Horned Frogs are ranked for a reason. TCU has a strong ground game and a terrific defense.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: TCU -9.5
I expect this to be a close game throughout due to SMU’s ability to move the ball. The Horned Frogs will barely cover the spread at home.
Week 4 Free Score Prediction: TCU 31 -SMU 21
If you’re looking for more picks like this SMU Mustangs vs. TCU Horned Frogs matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- TCU Horned Frogs vs. Kansas State Wildcats – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Kansas Jayhawks vs. Texas Longhorns – 10/19/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Rice Owls vs. UTSA Roadrunners – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Missouri Tigers vs. Vanderbilt Commodores – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Akron Zips – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Kentucky Wildcats vs. Georgia Bulldogs – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- USF Bulls vs. Navy Midshipmen – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Indiana Hoosiers vs. Maryland Terrapins – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction