Free Week 2 Prediction: Scarlet Knights vs. Hawkeyes Odds
Looking for Rutgers Scarlet Knights vs. Iowa Hawkeyes free picks? Week 2 betting sees the Scarlet Knights taking on the Hawkeyes Saturday September 7th at Kinnick Stadium, Iowa City, Iowa. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Rutgers Iowa Week 2 free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 2
(1-0) Rutgers Scarlet Knights vs. Iowa Hawkeyes (1-0)
Date: Saturday, September 7
Time: 12:00 pm EST
Venue: Kinnick Stadium, Iowa City, Iowa
NCAA Football Spread: Hawkeyes -20
NCAA Betting Total: 50
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
An early Big 10 clash pins the Rutgers Scarlet Knights against the Iowa Hawkeyes Saturday afternoon.
Both teams come in off Week 1 wins that were blow outs against sub par competition.
Rutgers Scarlet Knights
Rutgers had an abysmal 2018 and started off their 2019 campaign right where they left off.
They saw themselves down 21-7 to Umass early in the 2nd and it looked as if it was going to be the same old story for the Scarlet Knights. However, the script was quickly flipped as Rutgers rattled off 31 straight in the 2nd quarter to take a 38-21 lead into half.
Things got even better for them as the defense came up huge not allowing any more points as Rutgers rolled to a 48-21 win.
Now, they’ll look to pull off their first upset of the season and they’ll really need to play a complete, clean game in this one.
Look to RB Isaih Pacheco, who carried the load in game 1. Pacheco got himself going early as he finished with 156 yards ad 4 touchdowns.
He is the spark to this offense as he they go when he goes.
As a team, Rutgers put up 554 yards against Umass. The task is certainly taller here against this defense in Week 2.
Iowa has always been known to just wear teams out.
That was the case in Week 1 as they took it to Miami OH 38-14. While bettors were frustrated with them not covering the -25, Iowa still really dominated the game in all facets.
The Hawkeyes ran a much more balanced attack as they threw for 252 yards while rushing for 213. Iowa is working to keep that trend here as the pass game really opens up the run game.
Iowa had 7 different players have at least 1 rushing attempt as their is certainly their plans moving forward.
They have a lot of playmakers and want to get touches in for these guys. Mekhi Sargent led the way with 91 yards on the ground and also had 65 receiving through the air.
The Hawkeyes come in just 1-4 ATS in their last 5 Big 10 Conference matchups.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Scarlet Knights are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 conference games.
- Scarlet Knights are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a ATS win.
- Scarlet Knights are 4-0 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Hawkeyes are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games following a straight up win of more than 20 points.
- Hawkeyes are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games after accumulating more than 450 total yards in their previous game.
- Hawkeyes are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games overall.
Free Week 2 NCAA Football Pick
Iowa is a team that rarely blows opponents out.
Look for them to have their success on the offensive side, but really help chew this clock.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Rutgers +20
This is just too many points here. Rutgers offense found a lot of success Week 1 and should be able to carry at least some of that over.
Week 2 Free Score Prediction: Iowa 31- Rutgers 20
If you’re looking for more picks like this Rutgers Scarlet Knights vs. Iowa Hawkeyes matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Boston College Eagles vs. Rutgers Scarlet Knights – 9/21/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UL Monroe Warhawks vs. Iowa State Cyclones – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Morgan State Bears vs. Army Black Knights – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Oregon Ducks vs. Stanford Cardinal – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Baylor Bears vs. Rice Owls – 9/21/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UCONN Huskies vs. Indiana Hoosiers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- LSU Tigers vs. Vanderbilt Commodores – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Temple Owls vs. Buffalo Bulls – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction